Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does the community feel about bigotry?
Time to parrot what all of the people above said for a lil bit of rep.

Holding different political views than others on the server is completely fine and normal. However, that being said, you cannot hide behind "Don't discriminate over my political views." When you are blatantly being a total dick to people, or specifically, groups of people. I can remember vividly when Raider reapplied for staff, I even -1'd him. While I did not blatantly say that your 'views' and 'sense of humor' were another reason for -1'ing you, a large part of my hesitance did come from that; his off-colour profile pictures and jokes were a bit too much. Of course, I don't dislike anyone being specifically targetted in this thread, but I think you need to grow up and realise when you are in the wrong and at least try and right it with, at least, an apology.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
wtf i love staff now
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
Y'know what would've been great? If someone would've reported this shit to me or something like that when I was admin. I was not aware of anything like this going on for 2 reasons.

1.) I don't hang out in the NSFW Dinksafterdark channel

2.) No one fucking told me

3.) No one made a ban request or an abuse report

Also we banned a literal Nazi racist pedophile whatever else shit bag yesterday from a day ban to a community ban.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(03-08-2021, 08:12 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Y'know what would've been great? If someone would've reported this shit to me or something like that when I was admin. I was not aware of anything like this going on for 2 reasons.

1.) I don't hang out in the NSFW Dinksafterdark channel

2.) No one fucking told me

3.) No one made a ban request or an abuse report

Also we banned a literal Nazi racist pedophile whatever else shit bag yesterday from a day ban to a community ban.
I didn't even know Kuono was on PH at that time honestly, I brought it up to TTT peeps, that was my bad.

Yeah, him getting banned for that and nicol specifically saying that it had no place in this community is why this post was made.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
I would like to point out that some of these are leaked from staff chat and are half a year old.

First and foremost, I will not be apologizing for my comments. I am not sorry. I will never be sorry, for that would be a lie. My part was not a joke. Those are my personal beliefs. I do apologize if I made certain people uncomfortable with my comments, but I do not regret the content of them. I am a conservative. If a group of individuals can support X value, I can support NOT X. Do we really need to poll the community on if they support my view or oppose it? Not many people would come out to support me without it being anonymous, asthey would be ostracized. That is plain and simple in today's culture.

My views do not affect how I moderate the community. I have always had the views I have now. Back in 2018 when I first became staff to the present 2021. No group was favored or disfavored in the enforcement of the rules. I voiced my opinion. If I said I supported them, there would be not issue here whatsoever. Because I oppose it, I am in the wrong. This is now out in the open to the entire community to know my views. There is no avoiding it now. I could have saved face and hid behind the fact that "it was a joke," but the community damn well does not deserve to be lied to.

I joined TTT to kill people as a terrorist. Not to hear about new drama every fucking week. I became staff to make sure our community did not devolve into a drama induced shitshow and implode like my previous servers.

And yes, I still decided to make this post after all the responses I see.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
It's a refreshing role reversal to see a staff member get shit for harmless, meaningless shitposting that doesn't matter or affect anything in any way, since words are utterly ineffectual (especially here lmao). On the other hand, any form of tone policing is abhorrent and disgusting. A certain idiom by the artist Tyler, the Creator comes to mind.
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
I remember when I was banned for using a bind of someone being demoted but stuff like this happens in the staff chat with no repercussions whatsoever.

edit: Also, as most people have said above, you are allowed to hold whatever view on whatever topic you wish. However, if your view borderlines on a flat out hatred for a specific group of people for being who they want to be and you choose to broadcast that in full view of someone who may be in that group, you don't deserve to represent this community.
(03-08-2021, 08:21 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: I would like to point out that some of these are leaked from staff chat and are half a year old.

First and foremost, I will not be apologizing for my comments. I am not sorry. I will never be sorry, for that would be a lie. My part was not a joke. Those are my personal beliefs. I do apologize if I made certain people uncomfortable with my comments, but I do not regret the content of them. I am a conservative. If a group of individuals can support X value, I can support NOT X. Do we really need to poll the community on if they support my view or oppose it? Not many people would come out to support me without it being anonymous, asthey would be ostracized. That is plain and simple in today's culture.

My views do not affect how I moderate the community. I have always had the views I have now. Back in 2018 when I first became staff to the present 2021. No group was favored or disfavored in the enforcement of the rules. I voiced my opinion. If I said I supported them, there would be not issue here whatsoever. Because I oppose it, I am in the wrong. This is now out in the open to the entire community to know my views. There is no avoiding it now. I could have saved face and hid behind the fact that "it was a joke," but the community damn well does not deserve to be lied to.

I joined TTT to kill people as a terrorist. Not to hear about new drama every fucking week. I became staff to make sure our community did not devolve into a drama induced shitshow and implode like my previous servers.

And yes, I still decided to make this post after all the responses I see.
Whatever shitty views you wanna have is fine. Doesn't affect me or anyone else.

When using the official Staff Discord to propagate these views, that's where I draw the line. Have your own views but don't propoagate them to the rest of the staffing community.

Im a conservative too, politically speaking - but I don't go posting statements, which degrade other human beings. I don't post them anywhere since I'm not a bigot, but especially on an official community server.

I don't feel conservative equates a bigot. I feel homophobia does.

I should add, I don't think your one statement deserve a demotion or anything, maybe a strike. Your personal views don't necessarily affect staffing the server.
Which is why I mainly have an issue with the posting of the statement in the first place. And from what I understand, this was months ago.
With regards to Raider and Kuono, the issue is said and done, I believe it was addressed at the time.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
As I said in our DMs, I reached out to both staff members and warned them of this. The issue then stopped and has not been repeated in-game or in discord. While distasteful and disrespectful, I did not see it as enough justification for a punishment beyond warning them to stop. Seeing as they listened and dropped it (these screenshots are from last September), I saw no reason for further action.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
my input/perspective as an active community member and as a pretty new moderator:

Some of those screenshots are from when I very recently joined the staff team, so I remember seeing their conversation , but as a Trusted and new staff member I didn't really have the confidence or know-how of how I could maybe confront the issue, so I let it slide. Hopefully that's an acceptable reaction as it's not like I wanted to start a fire as a new staff member. I also remember Hanks having some questionable profile pictures in the past....I have however never seen these viewpoints affect his ability to staff fairly though. (but also do u realize u can still be conservative and not have discriminatory views?..)

As of recently however, I really haven't seen any exhibition of discriminatory behavior from the staff team. And as a moderator im hoping to help uphold that standard. I think past & present admins should discus the previous issues themselves as it's more in their jurisdiction.

I think we have a solid upper-staff team right now that is willing to prevent or take actions against these incidents in the future going forward. We shouldn't tolerate any racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. There could be more to say on this issue in general but i dont think that much will be accomplished arguing politics on a forum for a video game server.