Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the r word not be allowed to be said at all in the discord?
Yo it's the weekly 5 page forum thread. Right on schedule!
former admin2
(03-15-2021, 12:52 AM)Deadpool Wrote: Yo it's the weekly 5 page forum thread. Right on schedule!

Time to fill out by Bingo card - https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=13866

But on a more serious note, I think the Discord is a cesspool and I don't moderate it unless it's one of the rare times that I'm participating in it or reading something in it and notice like a direct insult being said. I have all but 2 channels muted and have no interest in trying to maintain order in that place.

Currently I'm trying to push through some way to replace the Discord staff because there's almost none left, but that's pretty much all I've got to add tonight.

I can't remember if this is a Bingo card spot or not, but it should be added - the obligatory "Can everyone chill?"

Remember, this is a gaming community. Stop making everything out to be some sort of crisis, it's a real vibe-killer.
It's a mental disability not a cuss word. lmao wetaf
[Image: image0-36_1.png]
Personally as an autistic person I honestly don't care if someone uses the word retard for the most part but I don't speak for all autistic or neurodivergent people so I guess its a matter of individual basis and context since there are some neurodivergent people who find it offensive and there are some who don't. As stated by others in this thread its rather context dependent since warning someone for calling themselves, a friend or a situation retarded would just be silly while using it as a derogatory term to intentionally harass a certain group of people is a lot more likely to be albeist. If someone were to be warned or be punished for it then it should be based around whether or not they actually hurt someone or had the intent to do so in my opinion.
[Image: bb6.jpg]
This thread kinda retarded ngl
God you’re all snowflakes, fucking window lickers
(03-15-2021, 11:30 AM)fanta Wrote: God you’re all snowflakes, fucking window lickers
Ok retard
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(03-15-2021, 11:30 AM)fanta Wrote: God you’re all snowflakes, fucking window lickers

What an incredible take from fanta! The person that regularly uses slurs and has been banned twice for doing so thinks that the players here are "snowflakes." 

I almost wonder.... 

Could there be a connection between the people who think that using slurs is ok and the people that think using the pejorative term being debated here is ok? 

Hmmm....

I'll leave that one up to the audience to decide.

[Image: ban1.jpg]
[Image: ban2.jpg]
As is plain to see time and time again, it would seem there is a huge disconnect between the powerholders whose time on the server is broken down into the regular patrols of a cop on beat and the players who pump hours into late night sessions for joy and recreation in regard to what should be considered acceptable. I must point to the necessity of a player driven referendum on the matter, despite what little chance it has of actually being considered by the higher cabinet.
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
(03-15-2021, 11:49 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:

What an incredible take from fanta! The person that regularly uses slurs and has been banned twice for doing so thinks that the players here are "snowflakes." 

I almost wonder.... 

Could there be a connection between the people who think that using slurs is ok and the people that think using the pejorative term being debated here is ok? 

Hmmm....

I'll leave that one up to the audience to decide.

[Image: ban1.jpg]
[Image: ban2.jpg]
I also think the word is ok given correct context and i've never been banned for using slurs??? It literally just comes down to people being hypersensitive to words and ignoring how they are being used. There is a difference between calling something retarded and calling something/someone the hard R or a slur for a LGBTQ+.

https://imgur.com/a/IouG3dM
we can play this all day, but i strongly believe context/situational punishments are what should be done to handle it.
source Webster 
[Image: J6yUs0g]