Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Transparency in the Discord
A man who's name has been lost to time once said: "Internet arguments are like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."
(03-15-2021, 11:24 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: I doubt I'm the only one, but these threads are counterproductive and frankly just annoying. 

While I find the use of the word in question abhorrent, I wasn't the one that decided to clamp down on it without prior warning. While I don't think this was the right approach, it's my understanding that in at least one of those warns the word was being used in an insulting manner. And a warning for insulting someone is well within the reasons to warn someone. 

I was, however, the one who muted Raider in the general Discord.

First of all, I'm not Discord Staff even if I have the tag on the Discord. I made no application for such a role and want little to do with moderating the general Discord. That being said, if I notice or am made aware of something problematic going on within it, I'll do something. And as I recall, those guidelines you posted are just that - guidelines. The guidelines, as you well know from staffing the TTT server according to the Staff Guidelines there, allow for staff discretion. Therefore, I tapped into that discretion and used it here. 

Second of all, I muted you in an effort to hopefully avoid this nonsense. Apparently taking the easy route wasn't sufficient. That's right - trying to choose the option that would lead to the least disruption wasn't good enough. 

The reason for the mute is based on the messages in this photos where you are clearly trying to instigate issues in the Discord. As a staff member, we generally try to avoid creating drama or instigating people. But you were apparently feeling the need to do so. 
[Image: raiderinstigation1.jpg][Image: raiderinstigation2.jpg]

And in our staff chat, you made it quite evident that muting you for ~2 hours was the right move.
[Image: mutereason1.jpg]

Finally, I believe we already addressed the reasons why you were muted in the staff chat. So I'm a little confused why much of this post was even necessary.
[Image: reason3.jpg]

At this point, I'm confused as to how Prop Hunt is the place called the daycare when TTT is apparently filled with a number of adult babies.

Yeah we gaming
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023