Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PH] Feedback & Insight: Chat Slur-Block and Timed Mute and Gags
Yes, I know this is a basic copy and paste of what Nicol posted a few days ago and I think they are both good ideas. To show support of some things that would make staff life easier and things more enjoyable for the community, I am posting them both here. Also, if Dink sees that both of his main servers support the same thing, he may just decide to add it to every server.

Hello everyone! If you were unaware, @Stress Queen created a script for ULX that offers the ability to set time limits for mutes and gags. More info can be found in this thread. I want to make this clear, I tried at one point to get this added to at least test, but Dink never did, or if he did, he never told anyone about it on the PH side of things.

Adding this script however would require a change to out guidelines on muting/gagging. I've made some rough drafts of these changes, and would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions:

OLD: Player mic/chat spams

1. Player receives warning
  2. Player gagged and/or muted for a round
  3. Player gagged and/or muted for a map
  4. Kick
  5. Temp Ban
New: Player mic/chat spams

2. Player gagged and/or muted for 5 minutes
  3. Player gagged and/or muted for 30 minutes
  4. Player gagged and/or muted for 60 minutes
  5. Kicked
  6. Temp ban     
Several of the rules would have to be slightly altered. We would discuss these changes and make them as simplistic as we can for easy transition. With this set up, staff would not have to worry about remembering to ungag/unmute someone after "X" amount of time especially when the server gets chaotic. Other gamemodes like TTT and Murder may also appreciate this since chats change after an individual dies.

Depending on the situation, staff would still be allowed discretion (within reason) when it comes to how long a mute or gag should be. In rare instances, we could basically just have individuals permanently gagged or muted instead of relying on bans. For example, I feel bad banning a kid who is just excited to play the game, we would be able to circumvent the ban and just make it so they could not squeal into the microphone anymore.

The other item of note would be able to block certain words that has been recently presented. This would not be difficult to implement and I am partially surprised one does not already to exist. With this we could block certain slurs, like racist, homophobic, etc., from being used on the server in the first place. No system is perfect and players could get around the block but they would have to put in an effort to do so that staff can take care of immediately.

Let me know what you think of the potential changes and give your feedback on what can be changed. Do note: this is not a change in the rules. This is instead a change on punishment guidelines to make it easier for everyone.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
YES!
100% 
I fully understand that implementing this will require some retraining/changes, however I see significantly more good coming from this than bad.
I was actually more surprised that there wasn't already a timed mute and gag implemented before- But I think it'd be great so we dumbasses don't forget to ungag someone when its busy. I know we've all done it.

Of course the slurs thing will need to still be watched on but I think I'd like to have something like that.
(03-24-2021, 05:00 PM)§a gerbil Wrote: I was actually more surprised that there wasn't already a timed mute and gag implemented before

It literally doesn't exist for some reason.. and if it does it's a custom solution a server owner paid money to have written, very annoying. I hate propriety software so I put this on the steam workshop too.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
just add it already

its big brain and would probably added anyway
I like the idea. I think that it should for also include an excessive mic spam rule. This would be for when someone is playing something  very loud in the mic on purpose. I think that for specific excessive spam situations we should be able to jump from one short mute to a much longer mute followed by a kick.

Here is kinda what that would look like.

Player mic/chat spams (minor infraction)
Example: Someone coughs in mic, yells due to gameplay, etc. 
  5. Kicked
  6. Temp ban for half a day
  7. Temp ban for 1 day
Excessive Player mic/chat spams
Example: Earrape music, constant chat spam for more than 6 messages, etc. 
  3. Player gagged and/or muted for 60 minutes
  4. Kicked
  5. Temp ban for 1 day 

Either a kick or a perma mute for the 4th step but I think that excessive mic spam should have less steps to ensure the mic spammer does not keep spamming when staff gets off.

What do you guys think? 
-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
If we're talking major vs minor, just skip the 60 instead of the 30 minute.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(03-24-2021, 07:55 PM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote: Player mic/chat spams (minor infraction)
Example: Someone coughs in mic, yells due to gameplay, etc. 
  5. Kicked
  6. Temp ban for half a day
  7. Temp ban for 1 day
Excessive Player mic/chat spams
Example: Earrape music, constant chat spam for more than 6 messages, etc. 
  3. Player gagged and/or muted for 60 minutes
  4. Kicked
  5. Temp ban for 1 day 

im probably taking this the wrong way but if you just constantly give the badman A tempbans and is persistent where does it end, and if a donor has to remember when to ungag someone an hour later or they want to leave early is little E. includes staff too
I've said this before when Russ came up with the idea, but i think having this system on Dr would really help
because the rounds go by so quickly, you have to gag/mute on your own time to where it seems fair.
Another note i thought of, Is i think tmods+ should get auto slay like ttt, only because there are times players like to use
test avoid which means they can keep spawning as death(not all that bad) but still it would be helpful
to have in other situations as well.
[Image: titan.gif]
I think this would be a great addition. I know we are probably all guilty of forgetting about round gags and then realise two rounds later. I know I have got distracted many times with something else and then had to undo it.  :s

I think though there may be too many chances in there if I’m honest. Also how do you decide what is a minor and what is major infraction. That might end up being a bit subjective but just my thoughts.
[Image: unknown.jpg]