Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned for Defending Myself
Hi,
Just a quick update, I did issue a permanent ban that happens to coincide with two other persons who were banned for constant trolling, slur usage, harassment, spam, etc.
Last time a ban request was made, he was warned very clearly that the next inappropriate action taken would result in a permament ban.
If you wish to review the thread made, please do so here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=13458
On to today's conversation: The player's words weren't totally and completely bad tonight - part of the issue here is that stevie nicks was serving as straight man to the trolling of Luffa and Jord - the other two individuals who decided to attack the discord today with their nonsense.

At the end of the day, I felt that the coordination between these three individuals to break the rules of the discord server, continuously, after multiple wanings - amounts to actions worthy of a permanent ban. I feel the actions of these three individuals over time are tantamount to a small raid, and his participation in discord only serves to stir up drama and ruin other person's experience in the community.
Evidence from today as well as evidence collected on the day the ban request was closed out can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/uCoMAHF

Stevie Nicks was on a probationary period, as another staff member had indicated in the DM (posted in the above imgur link). This was one of stevie's first visit back to the discord server since this DM was issued - don't be fooled by the time lapse. He doesn't play deathrun anymore - seeing as he is permanently banned from there due to similar behavior (done with Luffa and Jord).

So to summarize:
1. Player was initially soft-banned (kick and past 24 hours of content purged).
2. Due to my split time also staffing the TTT server, I was delayed in issuing a permanent ban. As such, this ban request was made before then ban occurred.
3. I have upgraded his ban to a permanent one for "Trolling, harassment, raiding the discord with your two friends. Making the softban into a permanent ban as raiding is against discord TOS."
4. He does not contribute anything to the community other than to troll the discord once a month or so. He does not play any of the game modes or otherwise participate in the community, other than with Luffa and Jord, for the purposes of increasing the greying of discord staff's hair.
5. I do not believe he should be unbanned, and I do not support any form of reduction.

-1 unban
-1 reduction
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(03-26-2021, 05:30 PM)MillyDilly Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 05:09 PM)Stevie Nicks Wrote: I do this every time this is my first forum post?
[Image: 51b63f04d3f462d0f0f34f2e1a2a53b2.png]
3rd*

and i mean in discord all the trolling
ok
(03-26-2021, 05:08 PM)(j)ax Wrote: I abhor your use of “cracks knuckles*
[Cracks knuckles]

-1 for Unban: The severity of the previous cases is what triggered a Perma. Jammin explained it pretty well: one of the remaining places you had and you were still making nonsense.
(03-26-2021, 08:20 PM)synthray Wrote:
[Cracks knuckles]

-1 for Unban: The severity of the previous cases is what triggered a Perma. Jammin explained it pretty well: one of the remaining places you had and you were still making nonsense.
cracks knuckles cracklier 

i dont want to edit my original post because i need to hit my meme quota, but i gladfully -1 and unban & reduction as you and your friends just like to repeat yourselfs and im not going to give you the whole redemption speech because honestly who the fuck reads those all the way unless there bored or are staff that want to see if drama is about to go boom like the train from black ops: 3. Have a shitty day sir stevie and relay that to jord and luffa for me aswell.

[Image: 15d.jpg]
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
(03-26-2021, 09:16 PM)MillyDilly` Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 08:20 PM)synthray Wrote:
[Cracks knuckles]

cracks knuckles cracklier 

i dont want to edit my original post because i need to hit my meme quota, but i gladfully -1 and unban & reduction as you and your friends just like to repeat yourselfs and im not going to give you the whole redemption speech because honestly who the fuck reads those all the way unless there bored or are staff that want to see if drama is about to go boom like the train from black ops: 3. Have a shitty day sir stevie and relay that to jord and luffa for me aswell.

[Image: 15d.jpg]

The rolepaly of cracking your knuckles is pretty cringe and i'm having a great day lol but thank you 
(03-26-2021, 06:53 PM)Jammin Wrote: Hi,
Just a quick update, I did issue a permanent ban that happens to coincide with two other persons who were banned for constant trolling, slur usage, harassment, spam, etc.
Last time a ban request was made, he was warned very clearly that the next inappropriate action taken would result in a permament ban.
If you wish to review the thread made, please do so here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=13458
On to today's conversation: The player's words weren't totally and completely bad tonight - part of the issue here is that stevie nicks was serving as straight man to the trolling of Luffa and Jord - the other two individuals who decided to attack the discord today with their nonsense.

At the end of the day, I felt that the coordination between these three individuals to break the rules of the discord server, continuously, after multiple wanings - amounts to actions worthy of a permanent ban. I feel the actions of these three individuals over time are tantamount to a small raid, and his participation in discord only serves to stir up drama and ruin other person's experience in the community.
Evidence from today as well as evidence collected on the day the ban request was closed out can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/uCoMAHF

Stevie Nicks was on a probationary period, as another staff member had indicated in the DM (posted in the above imgur link). This was one of stevie's first visit back to the discord server since this DM was issued - don't be fooled by the time lapse. He doesn't play deathrun anymore - seeing as he is permanently banned from there due to similar behavior (done with Luffa and Jord).

So to summarize:
1. Player was initially soft-banned (kick and past 24 hours of content purged).
2. Due to my split time also staffing the TTT server, I was delayed in issuing a permanent ban. As such, this ban request was made before then ban occurred.
3. I have upgraded his ban to a permanent one for "Trolling, harassment, raiding the discord with your two friends. Making the softban into a permanent ban as raiding is against discord TOS."
4. He does not contribute anything to the community other than to troll the discord once a month or so. He does not play any of the game modes or otherwise participate in the community, other than with Luffa and Jord, for the purposes of increasing the greying of discord staff's hair.
5. I do not believe he should be unbanned, and I do not support any form of reduction.

-1 unban
-1 reduction
i'm not banned on deathrun
Can confirm he is not banned from DR nor has he been.

However, the other 2 have been banned temporarily from DR previously.
Thanks for clarifying, my apologies for the inaccurate information. I edited the post above.
My other points still stand. I encourage Stevie Nicks to provide an updated defense on why he should be allowed back.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(03-27-2021, 12:49 PM)Jammin Wrote: Thanks for clarifying, my apologies for the inaccurate information. I edited the post above.
My other points still stand. I encourage Stevie Nicks to provide an updated defense on why he should be allowed back.
Sure i'll just add it here if that's okay.

Just firstly I think the warn I got was false as I clearly was not trying to offend anyone in fact one of the users jord / luffa insulted me and I simply defended myself as the original title suggests.

As for being the straight man or whatever, I simply like to talk in the discord I don't think I took anything too far and yes I know luffa and jord but to be guilty by association just doesn't seem fair I can't control what they do I can only control what I do and me as an individual I didn't do anything to upset anyone I made a few jokes in chat and got banned from what I could tell nobody had an issue with me typing.

I personally think a few of my previous warns are questionable such as pinging a player who reported me someone asked me (I think it was jord) who reported me so I pinged them in a totally non malicious way and got warned

I also got warned for pinging a user once for "harassment" I think this was again due to being guilty by association as I think jord pinged them previously 

I joke on the discord that's pretty much it I don't go out of my way to offend people it just feels like a witch hunt for me 

TL:DR

I'm not responsible for others actions this ban was being guilty by association and doesn't seem fair
(03-27-2021, 02:25 PM)Stevie Nicks Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 12:49 PM)Jammin Wrote: Thanks for clarifying, my apologies for the inaccurate information. I edited the post above.
Sure i'll just add it here if that's okay.

Just firstly I think the warn I got was false as I clearly was not trying to offend anyone in fact one of the users jord / luffa insulted me and I simply defended myself as the original title suggests.

As for being the straight man or whatever, I simply like to talk in the discord I don't think I took anything too far and yes I know luffa and jord but to be guilty by association just doesn't seem fair I can't control what they do I can only control what I do and me as an individual I didn't do anything to upset anyone I made a few jokes in chat and got banned from what I could tell nobody had an issue with me typing.

I personally think a few of my previous warns are questionable such as pinging a player who reported me someone asked me (I think it was jord) who reported me so I pinged them in a totally non malicious way and got warned

I also got warned for pinging a user once for "harassment" I think this was again due to being guilty by association as I think jord pinged them previously 

I joke on the discord that's pretty much it I don't go out of my way to offend people it just feels like a witch hunt for me 

I'm not responsible for others actions this ban was being guilty by association and doesn't seem fair
i told you before how to apply against discord strikes, you only talked in the discord to argue with jord in luffa you may not be responsible for their actions but you gladfully encouraged it.
and im not encounting the dr ban(s) temp or not im going directly for discord and whats happened in discord, and from what i have seen in #dr and #genreal is you jord and luffa bothering the triangle and arguing with luffa and jord encouraging there actions. If you do join the discord back and you start anything about jord and luffa or a ban that you have not received you can ensure discord staff wont give a shit about rebanning you. probably 

your not responsible but you didnt need to encourage them, and you were in association and i think it was fair
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean