Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuru Returns? Community admin discussion.
As the only murder moderator, I will be honest  here. Nuru must definitely return as Murder Admin.I know we can be one of the smallest communities,but we only have 2 staff .
It's not a problem for all the murder staff to she come back as Admin.But I just want to ask you a few questions

Why did you decide to back as Murder Admin ?

Will you help develop the server ?"Or are you just gonna stay with rank?"

There are not many questions,there its not problem for me Nuru come back as admin.See you in murder server o/
wait I thought this was bait
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(04-02-2021, 12:29 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: wait I thought this was bait
It is. Happy late aprils fools everyone. 
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH IM SORRY TO SHATTER YOU. 
Ill return as a player and maybe help out murder occasionally when im free. Community admin is a fat no right now but thank you for the support on that LMAO. Dink should think about getting one tho it would help in general with transparency and everyone being on the same page like everyone wants. 
that said pls dont hate me guys ilysm
(04-02-2021, 12:37 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 12:29 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: wait I thought this was bait
It is. Happy late aprils fools everyone. 
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH IM SORRY TO SHATTER YOU. 
Ill return as a player and maybe help out murder occasionally when im free. Community admin is a fat no right now but thank you for the support on that LMAO. Dink should think about getting one tho it would help in general with transparency and everyone being on the same page like everyone wants. 
that said pls dont hate me guys ilysm
Lol.
(04-02-2021, 11:35 AM)Norm Minder Wrote: As the only murder moderator, I will be honest  here. Nuru must definitely return as Murder Admin.I know we can be one of the smallest communities,but we only have 2 staff .
It's not a problem for all the murder staff to she come back as Admin.But I just want to ask you a few questions

Why did you decide to back as Murder Admin ?

Will you help develop the server ?"Or are you just gonna stay with rank?"

There are not many questions,there its not problem for me Nuru come back as admin.See you in murder server o/
As for this its bc murder is peaceful and calm. Ill help out here and there where i can and try to bring more staff so that the server thrives a little better but im not promising a lot at all. Im good at dying off especially now with the baby LMAO all i do is sleep

SOMEONE GET RID OF THIS MURDER ADMIN ROLE NOW TYVM
Ill enjoy my pink donor plus
It is with a heavy heart that I demote you to pink squad.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(04-02-2021, 12:55 PM)Battons Wrote: It is with a heavy heart that I demote you to pink squad.
Thank u love u  Heart
(04-02-2021, 12:55 PM)Battons Wrote: It is with a heavy heart that I demote you to pink squad.

That's a lie you didn't do that, I did lol.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
good, I have some suggestions for your return to ph:
Remake because I'm stupid and deleted the old one.
Official ph suggestions thread. Any comments not related to suggestions to better staff/server are going to be removed. Please suggest anything that is not on the do not suggest list (below). The rest is fair game. I want this to be up and going for a while, so I will be keeping this thread cleaned up. Please suggest things for the server, for staff, ways to improve ph, or report bugs here. I will do my best to keep track of them.

Keep track of what is added and when by visiting our changelog.

Things to NOT suggest right now:
- Playermodels
-

With that out of the way, this is the current master list I have going. I will also note all suggestions that are not currently approved/or denied here.

Color coding information
Completed
In progress
To be done

Things that need FIXED (aka bugs/glitches):
- Map vote/pictures
- Team chat (Dead cannot see alive chat)
- Chat colors (Master/Mod same, Member/Tmod same)
- Scoreboard Admin Color (Same as master)
- Dimmsdale Fishbowl Gravity Glitch (Contact Hillrop) Has been made aware of issue Contacted hillrop awaiting for fix
- Underwater map Glitch (Maps underwater weapons don't always spawn)
- Warning system Looking for a new warning system
- TL;DR section to top of rules for dumbos like @RussEfarmer
- Betting has a delay for winnings
- Buff starting ammo (ar2, shotgun, and check the rest)
- Chat/Tags suggestions, aTag or Apple Chattags.
- Remove particles when jumping w/ jumppack (causes lag)
- Cosmetic removal bug (people on new map that joined on previous lose all cosmetics)
- Server needing a forceswap due to pointshop issues
-

Things to possibly add?:
- Bring back seasonal crates for major holidays Two crates have been fixed for holidays so far
- New trails
- Shotguns
- Knife crate 2 Dink contacted over this and is going to add knives for this
- Bring clue back, it's fixed
- Server message regarding daily rewards
-

Things to discuss/try with Dinkleberg
- New pets?
- Special rounds (Backburner project)
- Change staff requirements for ALL staff positions (Trusted at min of 80 hours)
- Server caps be increased. (Overflow 16 or more and main 32 for maps sake) DISCUSSION IN PROGRESS
- Discuss with staff as well. Demotion protocols suggested by Voss.
- Cycling maps in and out seasonally, and if so, spooky scary being one, if not, making it a perm
- Bring back chalet/youturd
- Test a lower jumppack power in the test server(overflow)
- Something for the server adverts (They clog up the screen)
- Map rotation instead of map vote if map vote cannot be fixed.
-

Things to discuss with staff:
- Make under the car on fancy house legal
- Clearing up rules/discrepancies on spots and what makes them illegal, then address the community
-

Things to discuss within admins:
- Player of the month, pros and cons, and doability.
-

List of suggestions denied/not approved at this time:
- Giving users/donor the !friends command (After issues with donors overstepping is resolved.)
- Chat filter, too aggressive for us to attempt with while Dink is extremely busy

Yes, I know this is a basic copy and paste of what Nicol posted a few days ago and I think they are both good ideas. To show support of some things that would make staff life easier and things more enjoyable for the community, I am posting them both here. Also, if Dink sees that both of his main servers support the same thing, he may just decide to add it to every server.

Hello everyone! If you were unaware, @Stress Queen created a script for ULX that offers the ability to set time limits for mutes and gags. More info can be found in this thread. I want to make this clear, I tried at one point to get this added to at least test, but Dink never did, or if he did, he never told anyone about it on the PH side of things.

Adding this script however would require a change to out guidelines on muting/gagging. I've made some rough drafts of these changes, and would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions:

OLD: Player mic/chat spams

Player receives warning
Player gagged and/or muted for a round
Player gagged and/or muted for a map
Kick
Temp Ban
New: Player mic/chat spams

Player receives warning
Player gagged and/or muted for 5 minutes
Player gagged and/or muted for 30 minutes
Player gagged and/or muted for 60 minutes
Kicked
Temp ban
Several of the rules would have to be slightly altered. We would discuss these changes and make them as simplistic as we can for easy transition. With this set up, staff would not have to worry about remembering to ungag/unmute someone after "X" amount of time especially when the server gets chaotic. Other gamemodes like TTT and Murder may also appreciate this since chats change after an individual dies.

Depending on the situation, staff would still be allowed discretion (within reason) when it comes to how long a mute or gag should be. In rare instances, we could basically just have individuals permanently gagged or muted instead of relying on bans. For example, I feel bad banning a kid who is just excited to play the game, we would be able to circumvent the ban and just make it so they could not squeal into the microphone anymore.

The other item of note would be able to block certain words that has been recently presented. This would not be difficult to implement and I am partially surprised one does not already to exist. With this we could block certain slurs, like racist, homophobic, etc., from being used on the server in the first place. No system is perfect and players could get around the block but they would have to put in an effort to do so that staff can take care of immediately.

Let me know what you think of the potential changes and give your feedback on what can be changed. Do note: this is not a change in the rules. This is instead a change on punishment guidelines to make it easier for everyone.

Hello fellow Prop Hunt players and Dinkleberg community members who are not really Prop Hunt players but will click on, scan through, read each statement carefully, possibly contribute, and/or not care about this issue, there was an item of ghosting that I brought up in the staff chat about a week ago and would like to have an open discussion with the subject with the rest of the community to gather their thoughts, ideas, and contributions all in one place.

The problem that occasionally happens, is when people find out that there are ghosters or hackers and use them to get kills. This can be seen in a way as ghosting. I am not talking about the daily group(s) of players who get on and 3rd party ghost in a discord voice call. That has always been an issue and will probably continue to be a problem as long as prop hunt exists. This particular issue is when a certain player, generally a regular, notices that people are ghosting or hacking(may or may not inform staff) and participate in the ghosting. They do this by following the ghosting pair or hacking individual around the map stealing the kills from the individuals that are ghosting or hacking. Yes, people who come on and ghost and/or hack are bad and can be generally handled within a short time period, but what about those who give themselves an unfair advantage over the other players who are playing fairly? They have done this getting in the way of staff gathering evidence of the ghosting/hacking that is taking place because they ghosters/hacker have not quite figured out where the hiding prop is completely but then a regular or meta prop hunt player comes in and steals the kill(s) before much, if any, useful evidence is gathered. The individual then acts as if they are playing regularly until the ghoster or hacker finds another prop, rinse and repeat.

This has been an issue at more than one point in time and is generally done by regular players who have been around for awhile or by players who are now being categorized as META gamers where they take the simple game mode way too seriously. Such playing has provided additional rules already within the past year or so to try and make it fair for everyone.

Such rules are:

Pixel hunting: where the prop hides only show a few pixels showing if only just a pixel showing and trying to justify its legality constantly. This has lead to a few props being highly criticized for being used due to their ability to be abused like the blue chair and knife or has caused some props to be banned on any map they are on like the telephone and muffler.

Jetpack rule (in illegal spots list): the player who uses a spot only reachable by a jet pack must remain killable by a person who does not have a jet pack and has only standard weapons

Kill Robbing (rule 16): this is when a prop player types kill in console or uses a kill bind to avoid getting killed right when a hunter finds them or because they did not reach their "perfect" spot. Several people started doing in even at the cost of their team losing the round so that the individual using the kill bind would have a higher chance of winning the map by not allowing the hunter to get a point or points in some cases when multiple people did the act

Now, people will always find a way to abuse the system and those particular cases can be handled individually in most cases. However, when several people start abusing in the same way, then we end up having to make a rule about it. The players who are ghosting with the ghosters are participating in ghosting to give themselves an unfair advantage and making a staff members job more difficult. Most of them will stop when you ask them, but some of them think since that they are not 3rd party ghosting technically with the group, that it does not apply to them and they do it anyways. This is where a rule and punishment system could be established.

This is NOT to be mistaken for people who are just good at the game or a particular map. Some players are just good and know where props are going to hide on some maps. This can make it more difficult to gather evidence of players ghosting but I refuse to punish people who are just playing the game. This is to specifically go after those who are ghosting with the ghosters.

If a person figures out a group is ghosting and then uses them to get kills, they have joined in on the ghosting.
~Matt_St3 (Strongrule)
Yes that is your quote Matt, I liked the wording of it and have added it here.

I was just wondering what the community thinks about people who are ghosting with ghosters while not being actually a member of the group of ghosters and ideas on how to handle them moving towards the future.
@Mother Nuru. you wound me