Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick guide for queues
This is my take for queues:

1. Get the track you want to share: it can be from a YouTube rip, FLAC file, whatever. It will be played for just 30s, so be wise and pick a good sample.
    They can be more than MP3 files! this is a good list of supported formats:

[Image: 0.png]

All files must have a .mp3 extension anyway. As an example, I tried to save this OGG Vorbis file with MP3 extension

[Image: 1.png]

2. Where to upload? idk, but you will need a direct link to your file. Your options aren't limited, though: -, Discord, GitHub...

[Image: 02ac.png]

3. Type !queue in chat, set a bind like 'bind "p" "ulx queuesong"' if you're feeling like constantly queuing or use the ulx
    menu

4. Pretty straightforward: the actual song name, random shit, or a joke. You'll need at least 10 characters.
    [Image: 2.png]
  5. Now paste the link. Must have a .mp3 extension (creds to Les for the image)

[Image: 3.png]
That's all! expect people to !stop your queue every time.

[Image: 4.png]
If anyone is familiar with autohotkey, you can use a command line tool called youtube-dl and ffmpeg to make a keybind for downloading sound from youtube. In autohotkey it looks something like this:
Code:
Run cmd.exe /C C:\Users\<user folder here>\Downloads\youtube-dl.exe --no-mtime -x --audio-format mp3 -o "C:\Users\<user folder here>\Downloads\`%(title)s.`%(ext)s" %Clipboard%
This takes whatever youtube video link is on your clipboard, downloads it, converts it to audio, and puts it in your Downloads folder. If anyone wants to get it set up, shoot me a forum PM or a message on Discord and I can walk you through it.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide