Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The time has come
Ingame Name: Here lies Eggroll's reputation.~

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:38357989

Time Played: 246.1167 Hours (14767 minutes) My gametracker profile           

When First Joined: Oct 31, 2018 2:38 PM The best time I could find is the data from gametracker

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I usually play around noon (12 PM) and 6 PM PST. I cloud play around 12-3 PM and around 6-11. These are just rough estimates based on the times I play around. Also lately my sleep schedule is kinda messed up so as of now I'd be able to play more on the night side- I play a lot.

Rank Desired: Trusted :)

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community?: I would love to join the server staff by helping out crackdown on ghosting and mic spammers/trollers etc. I want to bring the community happiness and fun. I love playing prophunt with everyone. As a donor, I always properly use my powers and ping staff in the event things get out of hand since I am not staff and that already does help a ton but I would love to be an official member of the wonderful staff team. All of the PH staff I have played with have always given me a good time playing prophunt and I'd just love to help out more than I can at this point. Just in general I think all the people that regularly play are amazing and the small times like night time and 

Why do you want to help the community?: The fun staff and welcoming community. I don't want to ever see this community die down so of course, I would love to help out. 

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): No (Only joke bans but they don't show up smh)

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): No

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Yes I use GeForce shadowplay

How did you find us?: I was just lookin' around on the server browser and saw Dinkleberg's PropHunt | Fast Download | Rotation Lock | Invento which I thought would be a fun server since it had a cool name and a lot of people on it so I gave it a try and now boom I'm in love with an IP address.

Other: This might not be needed but regarding my age. Although I am only 17 I think I handle things fairly well. Basically, I know when to be serious and when to have fun/joke. 
I've been so excited to apply for trusted and I am really crossing my fingers for this. Regardless I know we all have some kind of room for improvement and I can accept that :) - Thank you for taking the time to read all this. 
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
Okay so, I am not opposed to the idea of you becoming staff, I just am unsure if thats right now or later. So lets get this shit show on the road.

In the start things were a bit... rocky. You seemed very annoyed/frustrated very easily over people mic spamming, possible ghosting, etc. Which is fair, it ruins the game for most people and I always recommend if its driving you that mad and staff aren't replying fast enough, just leave and come back later. My main issue was with the mass pings, not just from you alone, but from that whole group of new donors you came in with (not saying yall friends, maybe you are idk). I think after being spoken to about the multiple pings and exhausting the staff team with constant requests has definitely died down a huge amount, and we appreciate that. 

We cannot see, hear or catch everything, so we do like to have donors or regular players help out with some stuff, and you've done a great job and finding what is important to report and what can wait. 

You're fun to play with. you are also a lot of run to roast. You handle things pretty well considering you are young. That impresses me. 

What I want to see from you, and everyone who applies, is enjoyment of the game. I am one of the more "active" Mods for PH, I do NOT want my bad habits or attitudes being portrayed by other members, and I need to set an example, but keep in mind, I have earned my place to be grumpy and get frustrated. You have not. I want to see you actively ENJOY the game and the people you play with. I don't want to see you become burnt out and then disappear a month after becoming staff. Because that happens, and its really fucking lame.

LEARN TO TAKE BREAKS AND WALK THE FUCK AWAY. Homie, you clocked in so much time so quickly and thats always what happens. Yall lil baby donors want trusted so you grind and grind and burn yourself out so fast. Take breaks. This is NOT your life, this is a game. Learn appropriate work/life/game balance. Which is hard, but possible. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RESPOND TO EVERY PING : that is something I cannot STRESS enough about someone who wants to become trusted, if you're doing something else, they will survive. If its REALLY bad, we have T-Mods and Mods. But I still want to see the effort made to be active. 

Okay so some concerns:

There is apparently a server you have started that you are connecting with other staff members/members about to run this server for you. I was under the impression you have created this server for the "try hards" so yall can just fuck about without the stress of Dinks (ha), I would be interested to know if this is a server you intend to create and run, or if this is just for fun with pals. 

Something had also been brought to my attention about you "harassing staff for not listing/doing something fast enough" this was chopped up in the start of this response, you have relaxed a lot on the constant pings and I do not see this as a further thing we need to discuss. On the other hand, if you wanted to get smart and harass staff you know I'd fuck you up ;)

In all, I am sitting at neutral, but I am a soft +1

TLDR: take breaks, chill out, have fucking fun.
Go away
(04-17-2021, 12:43 PM)MissPauling Wrote: Okay so, I am not opposed to the idea of you becoming staff, I just am unsure if thats right now or later. So lets get this shit show on the road.

In the start things were a bit... rocky. You seemed very annoyed/frustrated very easily over people mic spamming, possible ghosting, etc. Which is fair, it ruins the game for most people and I always recommend if its driving you that mad and staff aren't replying fast enough, just leave and come back later. My main issue was with the mass pings, not just from you alone, but from that whole group of new donors you came in with (not saying yall friends, maybe you are idk). I think after being spoken to about the multiple pings and exhausting the staff team with constant requests has definitely died down a huge amount, and we appreciate that. 

We cannot see, hear or catch everything, so we do like to have donors or regular players help out with some stuff, and you've done a great job and finding what is important to report and what can wait. 

You're fun to play with. you are also a lot of run to roast. You handle things pretty well considering you are young. That impresses me. 

What I want to see from you, and everyone who applies, is enjoyment of the game. I am one of the more "active" Mods for PH, I do NOT want my bad habits or attitudes being portrayed by other members, and I need to set an example, but keep in mind, I have earned my place to be grumpy and get frustrated. You have not. I want to see you actively ENJOY the game and the people you play with. I don't want to see you become burnt out and then disappear a month after becoming staff. Because that happens, and its really fucking lame.

LEARN TO TAKE BREAKS AND WALK THE FUCK AWAY. Homie, you clocked in so much time so quickly and thats always what happens. Yall lil baby donors want trusted so you grind and grind and burn yourself out so fast. Take breaks. This is NOT your life, this is a game. Learn appropriate work/life/game balance. Which is hard, but possible. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RESPOND TO EVERY PING : that is something I cannot STRESS enough about someone who wants to become trusted, if you're doing something else, they will survive. If its REALLY bad, we have T-Mods and Mods. But I still want to see the effort made to be active. 

Okay so some concerns:

There is apparently a server you have started that you are connecting with other staff members/members about to run this server for you. I was under the impression you have created this server for the "try hards" so yall can just fuck about without the stress of Dinks (ha), I would be interested to know if this is a server you intend to create and run, or if this is just for fun with pals. 

Something had also been brought to my attention about you "harassing staff for not listing/doing something fast enough" this was chopped up in the start of this response, you have relaxed a lot on the constant pings and I do not see this as a further thing we need to discuss. On the other hand, if you wanted to get smart and harass staff you know I'd fuck you up ;)

In all, I am sitting at neutral, but I am a soft +1

TLDR: take breaks, chill out, have fucking fun.
Thank you for the such detailed reply it means a lot. You’ve brought up issues I have had in my past and made it clear that I have improved since than so thank you for that. I would like to make it clear that I am still making my way forward bettering myself. Mostly in the easing off staff pings for “mic spamming” unless it gets out of control. I’ve learned to ping for important things and started having fun with server staff instead of thinking so hard about everything. Then team switchers and ghosts. All the staff can handle that. Now if it’s really obvious then yeah I’d point it out. Also I am sorry to anyone I came off has harassing for not listing stuff fast enough. That was not intentional but I appreciate it being brought up that I am more relaxed now. And sorry if my reply has been all over the place MissPauling but thank you for taking the time to type it all out and thank you for the soft + 1 :)  

Also wtf!! “You're fun to play with. you are also a lot of run to roast.” 

Also in regards to the server. It was at first a server just for friends but since some people actually joined it here and there I am now just trying to keep it up as a public server for anyone to join. PM me on discord and I can tell you more about it if ya’d like
Hey Eggroll

Thank you for applying! I'm going to give my honest opinion on your time here and what I think about it. I will a little harsh but I will also be honest with a whole ass essay because I want to look fancy, and professional.

Your first impressions when you rejoin the community weren't great for me. When you started playing again you immediately started to gun for time on server, going to for staff after being back for less than a week. It appeared overzealous. There had to be some clarification on how we view the activity.¹  Day 1, you clocked 1.1k continuous minutes on the server and throughout the week 1k - 500+ minutes clocked each day. It was mostly a concern for me because it felt like a 'Burn Out' speedrun.
When you got Donor this created some problems with some of the staff where you would overstep boundaries and interfere with staffing procedure while staff are present on server. This also includes some backseat staffing while staff members are dealing with a situation,² giving warnings in the middle of Staff Members giving verbal warnings (talking over the acting staff), giving unnecessary warnings while one or more staff are present, double pings when Staff didn't answer the first one, pinging specific Staff Members to get on when ping wasn't answered, being a little menace in general, etc.³ But I recall multiple staff have told you to back off, given guidelines, and let staff deal with the situation when problems arise including ways to contact staff in game or outside of the game.
This was all during the first month and a half of your activity in the community that would of pushed me to give you a solid ( -1 ) if you had applied earlier like you said you would. Seeing as you improved quite a bit in the past couple of weeks in terms of some of the problems, my personal opinion of you has changed a bit. You have what it takes in terms of determination, activity, being helpfulness in most cases. It doesn't take long to learn how we do things the staff way and I really want to give you a fighting chance- but I still think you need some time before you are indeed ready to get the saucy Trusted role. Take some time to work on some things listed that still need to be worked on, stop worrying so much about staff related issues/staff aspect of things, and enjoy the game as a regular player before you burn yourself out of it hardcore. Let the staff worry about the hard stuff when it comes to it. All you'd have to do is report it and let us handle it, if staff cannot respond then you aren't obligated to act on it all the time.
Enjoy the game, homie.

I will give a ( 0 / a soft +1 ) A lot of the things I have stated a lot of reasons I would of given you a negative respond but instead I'll just state my early and current opinions on you with neutral standings. This was really hard for me.
Good luck on attempting to achieve Spicy Donor rank.
Please don't take it too harshly, hopefully you stick around regardless of the results of this application. You are very fun to talk to and hand out with. But still a lil shit.

Sincerely,
A Frickin Rodent who is trying to be fancy

*1 The activity in the past 30 days + 80+ hours collectively is taken into consideration for staff applications in most cases. If you had applied in the first week like you were going to originally, you would of been told to wait a month or two
*2 A situation where you would use admin chat to tell staff someone did that or this when we can visually see it in the chat (if it was in a team chat where staff couldn't see, then it was fine and permissions were given to use power)
*3 These are problems I have had personally had myself, if staff had other problems then they most likely addressed them or will have those talks when it comes to it
*4 This really ties into overstepping donor issues that were openly addressed in a comment or two but in the progress of improving

I found out I can type in a different font and now I'm going to have fun with it
(04-17-2021, 03:39 PM)§a gerbil Wrote: Hey Eggroll

Thank you for applying! I'm going to give my honest opinion on your time here and what I think about it. I will a little harsh but I will also be honest with a whole ass essay because I want to look fancy, and professional.

Your first impressions when you rejoin the community weren't great for me. When you started playing again you immediately started to gun for time on server, going to for staff after being back for less than a week. It appeared overzealous. There had to be some clarification on how we view the activity.¹  Day 1, you clocked 1.1k continuous minutes on the server and throughout the week 1k - 500+ minutes clocked each day. It was mostly a concern for me because it felt like a 'Burn Out' speedrun.
When you got Donor this created some problems with some of the staff where you would overstep boundaries and interfere with staffing procedure while staff are present on server. This also includes some backseat staffing while staff members are dealing with a situation,² giving warnings in the middle of Staff Members giving verbal warnings (talking over the acting staff), giving unnecessary warnings while one or more staff are present, double pings when Staff didn't answer the first one, pinging specific Staff Members to get on when ping wasn't answered, being a little menace in general, etc.³ But I recall multiple staff have told you to back off, given guidelines, and let staff deal with the situation when problems arise including ways to contact staff in game or outside of the game.
This was all during the first month and a half of your activity in the community that would of pushed me to give you a solid ( -1 ) if you had applied earlier like you said you would. Seeing as you improved quite a bit in the past couple of weeks in terms of some of the problems, my personal opinion of you has changed a bit. You have what it takes in terms of determination, activity, being helpfulness in most cases. It doesn't take long to learn how we do things the staff way and I really want to give you a fighting chance- but I still think you need some time before you are indeed ready to get the saucy Trusted role. Take some time to work on some things listed that still need to be worked on, stop worrying so much about staff related issues/staff aspect of things, and enjoy the game as a regular player before you burn yourself out of it hardcore. Let the staff worry about the hard stuff when it comes to it. All you'd have to do is report it and let us handle it, if staff cannot respond then you aren't obligated to act on it all the time.
Enjoy the game, homie.

I will give a ( 0 / a soft +1 ) A lot of the things I have stated a lot of reasons I would of given you a negative respond but instead I'll just state my early and current opinions on you with neutral standings. This was really hard for me.
Good luck on attempting to achieve Spicy Donor rank.
Please don't take it too harshly, hopefully you stick around regardless of the results of this application. You are very fun to talk to and hand out with. But still a lil shit.

Sincerely,
A Frickin Rodent who is trying to be fancy

*1 The activity in the past 30 days + 80+ hours collectively is taken into consideration for staff applications in most cases. If you had applied in the first week like you were going to originally, you would of been told to wait a month or two
*2 A situation where you would use admin chat to tell staff someone did that or this when we can visually see it in the chat (if it was in a team chat where staff couldn't see, then it was fine and permissions were given to use power)
*3 These are problems I have had personally had myself, if staff had other problems then they most likely addressed them or will have those talks when it comes to it
*4 This really ties into overstepping donor issues that were openly addressed in a comment or two but in the progress of improving

I found out I can type in a different font and now I'm going to have fun with it
Thank you for the reply Geb. I know you've been working on it on and off for 8+ hours now. I love all the points you've made. I do agree with the fact that when I got back into gmod prop hunt I was about to make a staff application after 30 days but you thankfully told me not to. I do realize how before I was doing too much as a donor and slowly backed off commands. Now I strictly stay away from commands (besides joke gags on myself sometimes) and don't point of obvious things. I have started to enjoy playing the game like everyone has been telling me. I do apologize for how I overstepped staff at some points but that has not been happening anymore for a while now and I'm super happy that it is bringing light to my application. Although they are soft +1's I am thankful for them and hope that regardless of whether or not the application is approved or denied I love all the feedback I am getting and it's always appreciated so I can continue to improve and better myself. :) Thank you again.

Also -1 on your reply for using Comic Sans >:(
I haven't responded to a staff app in a long ass time but I wanna preface this with saying you'd be good staff. There are staff that, in the past, spent a lot of time on the server for a few months and it feels like they just completely got off the server after getting promoted to staff or climbing the ranks. The burnout problem is something I have experienced personally and I want you to pace yourself because playing this in small bursts is better than one continuous session. As Pauling said, I believe. Other than that there is no problem with your conduct on the server. You know the rules, good enough for me. +1.

Also, I didn't want to write out some giant over explanation like other people will but this is a bit bulky.
(04-17-2021, 04:06 PM)Zenful Wrote: I haven't responded to a staff app in a long ass time but I wanna preface this with saying you'd be good staff. There are staff that, in the past, spent a lot of time on the server for a few months and it feels like they just completely got off the server after getting promoted to staff or climbing the ranks. The burnout problem is something I have experienced personally and I want you to pace yourself because playing this in small bursts is better than one continuous session. As Pauling said, I believe. Other than that there is no problem with your conduct on the server. You know the rules, good enough for me. +1.

Also, I didn't want to write out some giant over explanation like other people will but this is a bit bulky.
Thank you Zenful. I'll be sure to not get burnt out of prophunt. I have slowed down a lot since my first month back and I feel like I've been pacing myself fairly ok. I promise I won't do another (as Geb would call it) "Burnout speedrun". I don't plan on playing for 1.1k minutes again anytime soon. Thank you for the +1 and thank you for the feedback :)
Hey there Eggroll! Thank you for taking the time to make this application.

I've played with you and even just chilled with you out of game. You a wonderful, nice person who, clearly, has an ambition to help out the server which is awesome. Sometimes help can be needed. However, only if it is needed. As some other replies have said — You don't need to help or go out of your way to help as a Donor. It's great that you want to help but sometimes it can come across as you overstepping staff. Yes, telling and pinging staff about things is great, it's encouraged, but once staff does come on the situation will be resolved so there's not a need to keep helping unless it's asked for.

One thing that always gets brung up is burn out. It's real. As said before by Pauling, work on setting aside time for life and for the game. Things will get in the way of being able to play and that will be okay. There might be days where it's crazy on the server but you don't want to get on and that's okay too. It happens. You do not need to answer every ping and get on immediately when it happens if you don't want to. Eventually the situation will be handled.

In my humble opinion, I believe you'll be able to handle being Trusted. 

+1

P.S. No matter what outcome this application has just keep playing to play and have fun, okay? That's all that should be happening at the end of the day. We're all friends here.  Heart
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]
Hey Eggroll!
If you had applied to staff about a month ago, my response would have been a -1. I could easily see you getting burned out/bored and I wasn't sure if you could actually handle the whole staffing thing. This still does apply in my mind unfortunately, but, I could definitely see you doing well. You learn quick, you pay attention, and you take things seriously when you need to while still keeping it fun. I'm not staff or anything, but I would want you on my team, the squad, the family, whatever. I think you've shown me that you could make a good member of staff given the experience and guidance, so in conclusion, +1
+1

I think you'll be a good staff. Best of luck!
[Image: titan.gif]