Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS
Okay now that I have your attention it's time to have a discussion about good ol' bhopping. If you don't know what bhopping is, if you've ever seen someone hopping around really abnormally fast, and they are near impossible to shoot and kill, that's bhopping. 

To reiterate the argument I made during the town hall, which so many of you loved, bhopping should not be in our game. While I recognize that this is a skill that anyone can learn, the fact remains that this is still an exploit that allows a player to move in a way the game did not intend. I believe that allowing this to take place discourages new players who get killed and enables a constant frustration to regular players. I would estimate nearly 90% of players on this server do not bhop and never will. I think the discussion on this topic is heavily biased because if you are here right now reading this, that already means you are in the top 10% of the server. This includes our staff and most of our really old members. It makes sense that all these people would want to keep bhopping, but the server would still be better off without it. New player retention would go up, regular player frustration would go down, and the old players and staff will still get to kill plenty.

Furthermore, allowing any bhopping at all is just a gateway for bhop scripting which certainly is illegal and can only really be caught after a pretty involved investigation and is usually only done by higher level staff.  

TL;DR: Should bhopping be banned? Or is it a vital part of the game?

Come at me. "Git guud scrub".
Respect your elders
-1 on removing, I can't BHOP personally, but I think BHOPPing is a characteristic of GMOD. Interested to see the votes though
[Image: xdjlve.png]
fuck you youll never take my shit hops
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
just learn how to bhop
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(04-21-2021, 07:56 PM)derp Wrote: just learn how to bhop

it really has nothing to do with whether or not I can do it, it whether or not I think it is what’s best for the server. If everyone could do it and we had 32 people bhopping on a full server it would be an absolute shit show. If it isn’t good for everybody, then it shouldn’t be done by a select few.
Respect your elders
No. I don't want TTT turning into a CSS community server.

The jump pack, crouch jumping, crouch spamming, jump spamming was also not intended for the game, should these be outlawed as well?
Says bhoping discourages new players, but uses the knife every T round he has.
former admin2
Hello, I was thinking about it one day, and I thank you for bringing this issue up in Town Hall and here in the forums. as a veteran of garry's mod, i played many game modes that include Bhop as essential to gameplay, I can mention some like Deathrun and obviously Bhop's own game mode. On these game modes I see bhop making sense, in TTT it is not something essential to be able to play in the best way, and yes, I see it as an advantage over other players who are unable to do it (On the servers of Bhop and deathrun this speed boosting system works automatically). As I was saying, TTT was not made for this, but to play the game mode as it should be, as Jaerixon said, it is very difficult to hit shots and you will probably lose the fight. Noire said the knife works very well against, or even the Shotgun, but I don't see that as a justification for Bhop to remain on the server. Even I who play TTT for more than 7 years get frustrated when I face this situation, because for me I have to think of another way to kill the player, and most of the time, it’s not my fault for losing the round, and its because the player is having an advantage against me. Mentioning again, the Hitbox when someone is doing it changes and it is almost impossible to get it right, at least the head. It's a +1 for banning Bhop.
+1
Pardon my dumbass but I thought it was already banned? Is that true for PH or no?