Kessler's unban request
Doxxing is a very serious issue. It concerns me that you were out there googling and looking up personal information for another player. Looking up their Spotify after they shared it for someone else is one thing, but to actively go after their Twitter is in my opinion a huge dick move, even if it isn't explicitly against our rules. But what gets me is even if you accidentally pasted it into a message, you still knowingly had to hit "Enter" to send it out, which is enough evidence for intent. If this honestly was a mistake, idk what to tell you.

-1 for unban.
Respect your elders
(04-28-2021, 06:37 PM)Jaerixon Wrote: Doxxing is a very serious issue. It concerns me that you were out there googling and looking up personal information for another player. Looking up their Spotify after they shared it for someone else is one thing, but to actively go after their Twitter is in my opinion a huge dick move, even if it isn't explicitly against our rules. But what gets me is even if you accidentally pasted it into a message, you still knowingly had to hit "Enter" to send it out, which is enough evidence for intent. If this honestly was a mistake, idk what to tell you.

-1 for unban.

ok lil bro
[Image: xdjlve.png]
+1 on the unban (With a +1 on a verbal or AWarn. A Verbal Warning/AWarn should've been set in place since it was not malicious or within the intent of doxxing. Man just posted a link thinking nothing of it.
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
I appreciate that Kessler respected my right to remain anonymous and Jammin’s generous offer to serve as a liaison and post on my behalf. I realize, however, my unique writing style would make it overwhelmingly obvious who I was. 

I have already stated (see Step 7) that I do not wish to be involved in the decision-making process so I do not have any comment on the punishment selected here. As I mentioned in Step 8, however, concerns have been raised in the past about Kessler which continue to leave me uneasy. 

Step 1) I am playing on the server and another player asked me to share a Spotify playlist with them. I provided the link in the chat so they could check it out. I admittedly should have done so through a private message, because I shouldn’t expect others to not click a link intended for someone else. 

Step 2) Kessler also went to the trouble of clicking y, opening the chat, and copying + pasting the link. It is important to illustrate what opens up when you search for a spotify playlist. Included is an image of what a playlist will look like in a web browser (the browser will also prompt you to open the playlist in your own spotify client). Note the red circle which illustrates the username and how small and non-prominent it is compared to other elements. I have a username on my account, not my full name.

[/url][Image: spotifyappearance.jpg]

Step 3) Kessler chose not to listen to the great tunes included in my playlist or explore the other playlists that I have created, which he could have done so by simply clicking my username. Spotify does not link to any other accounts, save for Facebook. I do not have Facebook linked to my profile. 

The information that Kessler searched for required sleuthing. They took the username on my Spotify and searched it on Google. This act of actively searching for more information on a person is an issue, in my book. 

In fact, I actually stated my own policy on what I would consider doxxing quite recently in our own staff chat. 

[Image: nickyspolicy.jpg]

Step 4) I got off the server for the night. It was quite late and I had already played for around two hours at that point. I had posted the link to my Spotify playlist over an hour prior to my departure. 

Step 5) Mere minutes after I had gotten off for the evening, Kessler posted my Twitter account into the chat. Again, my social media accounts are not linked to my Spotify, nor are they on my Steam or Discord profiles. I came across this while looking at the relay chat about an hour thereafter. I deleted it, but took a screenshot first. 

I find it very suspect that one would have copied and pasted the link to someone else’s social media profile unless they intended to share it with someone else. 

[Image: IMG-2078.png]

Step 6) I posted in our staff chat that Kessler had engaged in an activity which I had considered to be “kinda doxxing” at the time. I posted this in our staff chat at 6:01 AM prior to raising the issue with Kessler in private messages. Several staff members inquired further about my comment, to which I answered them honestly and in accordance with what I previously communicated with Kessler. I communicated this experience to the staff in the event that they had heard anything similar about Kessler and so that they could keep a lookout for similar infractions in the future. 

[Image: qanda.jpg]

Step 6.5) I discussed the issue with Kessler from 6:03 AM to 6:06 AM where I told him that I was upset, but was not going to pursue it any further. Kessler provided an explanation to me which seemed fishy, but quickly apologized - which I appreciate. 

Step 7) At about 8:30 PM that same day, I was informed by a server admin that the events which occurred did constitute doxxing. I was asked if I wanted to pursue a permanent ban, to which I stated that I did not wish to be involved in the decision-making process. 

[url=https://i.ibb.co/FBDsJSC/dumbo.jpg][Image: dumbo.jpg]

Step 8) Upon request, I provided evidence of what had transpired. I reiterated the fact that other staff members have raised serious concerns about Kessler and that I myself had warned him for making inappropriate comments about children. 

Step 9) The admins came to a decision and Kessler was banned for doxxing. 
(04-28-2021, 08:04 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
Quote:"Kessler chose not to listen to the great tunes included in my playlist or explore the other playlists that I have created, which he could have done so by simply clicking my username."
[url=https://i.ibb.co/HT4zXZw/spotifyappearance.jpg][/url]

The true reason for the ban
Respect your elders
I'm sorry to have put Nicky in this situation, but I am grateful that he came forward with his side of the story. I have a few responses which I have organized according to the steps in his post.

w.r.t. Step 2 and 3) I googled Nicky's Spotify username followed by "Spotify" to access his Spotify playlists in chrome. His twitter happens to have the same exact username as his Spotify. That is not "sleuthing".

w.r.t. Step 5) As I initially stated, I copied the url out of habit. I do this often, with every kind of webpage, when I'm moving around my chrome tabs. The only time I pasted Nicky's twitter url was on Dink's TTT, on accident.

Quantum_Edge has now OK'd his name being involved. He was the only other player online. He was puzzled at the time, and can verify that it was unintentional.

As you can see from Nicky's screenshot, I immediately pasted the intended bind, which I thought would quickbuy a trident (it's actually 'bind key "ttt_order_equipment weapon_ttt_mctrident"').

w.r.t. Step 8) Although I would like to, I am not going to respond to rumors of "serious concerns" among staff, nor am I going to go into how much of a joke the referenced warn and its situation were. I have the logs if it becomes necessary, but my ban is not for any of my other behavior. It is about the question of whether or not I doxed Nicky.
Unless it was done with malicious intent (it sounds like it wasn't), this shouldn't have been a ban. Is it doxxing if someone says twitter.com/RussEfarmer in chat when my username is RussEfarmer? Is it doxxing if I say Dinkleberg's real name when it's the name of his YouTube channel that comes up with you type !css? Is it acceptable to be mad that someone knows what my face looks like when it's literally all over my YouTube channel, which is the first link that comes up when you type RussEfarmer on Google? I hardly think so.

It's natural to have the expectation of privacy, and it's expected for social networks like ourselves to protect the online privacy of our users where we can. However, there is something very important that needs to be understood: there is ZERO expectation of privacy on the Internet. Anything you post or say, or anyone you like or follow, is almost always public information, and services like Google and the Internet Archive are browsing through and indexing this information. If you don't want someone knowing it, don't post it. This means that, while it is a rational response to be upset at someone for using information about you against you (i.e. bullying or threatening), it is not a rational response to be upset at a person for knowing the information in the first place.

If you care about your privacy online highly I recommend you step back and evaluate your media outlets and presence on the internet, and determine what you do or do not want people to know about you.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(04-28-2021, 11:01 PM)Kessler Wrote: Quantum_Edge has now OK'd his name being involved. He was the only other player online. He was puzzled at the time, and can verify that it was unintentional.

As you can see from Nicky's screenshot, I immediately pasted the intended bind, which I thought would quickbuy a trident (it's actually 'bind key "ttt_order_equipment weapon_ttt_mctrident"').

Just wanted dat mc trident bind mann. But in all honesty kessler didn't mean to do this if you know kessler you would know he is a nice person once you get to know him and he would never do this on purpose +1 on unban kessler is goood!!!
[Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.png...height=701]
(04-29-2021, 12:44 AM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: Unless it was done with malicious intent (it sounds like it wasn't), this shouldn't have been a ban. Is it doxxing if someone says twitter.com/RussEfarmer in chat when my username is RussEfarmer? Is it doxxing if I say Dinkleberg's real name when it's the name of his YouTube channel that comes up with you type !css? Is it acceptable to be mad that someone knows what my face looks like when it's literally all over my YouTube channel, which is the first link that comes up when you type RussEfarmer on Google? I hardly think so.

It's natural to have the expectation of privacy, and it's expected for social networks like ourselves to protect the online privacy of our users where we can. However, there is something very important that needs to be understood: there is ZERO expectation of privacy on the Internet. Anything you post or say, or anyone you like or follow, is almost always public information, and services like Google and the Internet Archive are browsing through and indexing this information. If you don't want someone knowing it, don't post it. This means that, while it is a rational response to be upset at someone for using information about you against you (i.e. bullying or threatening), it is not a rational response to be upset at a person for knowing the information in the first place.

If you care about your privacy online highly I recommend you step back and evaluate your media outlets and presence on the internet, and determine what you do or do not want people to know about you.

Ye imma hit that mf subscribe button
[Image: xdjlve.png]
anyone else getting foxka banning nopleez vibes

Ok, in seriousness tho, this should not have resulted in a permanent ban. Maybe a warning and a *very* short temp ban not to do it again. This appeal process should be long enough of a punishment and just a general lesson. It's more of an ethical question for posting the account in game (which wasn't even a full server, kind of a silly mistake, and just one other person from my understanding i kinda skimmed over details, and not a lot of people look at relay). But either way still posting it regardless of how many people are on is a bit of an issue as it could enable others to do so in a worse environment with more players, etc. However, this info was obtained through open source collection, so there's really nothing wrong on that end and it really shouldn't be debated all that much. The username was literally the same. I suggest reading @"Russ the Stress Queen" post too