Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let the rodent out of the cage [ Mod Application ]
Ingame Name: (Current) §a gerbil

More recent names (2020 - 2021): gebriel ❥ | Agent Fox
Previous Names (2018 - 2019/2020): [white]♛Mr.[teal]Jinsen , [white]♛Mr. [teal]Jinsen , [test] gebriel ❥ , jinsen , Gebriel , §a gebriel ❥ , §a geb❥ , §a geb ❥ ,  §7♛Mr.§3Jinsen , §4Jinsen§8❥ , §3Jinsen§7❥ , §3Jinsen❥ , ♛Mr. Jinsen*
My Gametracker

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:76857576

Time Played: 676.16667 hours / 40570 minutes

[Image: player_time.php?nameb64=wqdhIGdlcmJpbA%3...&start=-1w][Image: player_time.php?nameb64=wqdhIGdlcmJpbA%3...4262800255]

When First Joined: May 4th 2018 (earliest date I could find in GameTracker)

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): My availability changes throughout the week depending on my work schedule. But I do get on often when I can. (PST)

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Test Moderator

What can you do to help the community?: I personally think I can handle most situations pretty well, deal with them efficiently, and shut them down fast when they get to that low point. I'd like to think I am good at spotting things once I am situated in the server. I know there are a couple of places where I lack ability to deal with but I know I am still good at finding a better way around it. If I make mistakes I will admit them, apologize, and learn from my mistakes. I am pretty knowledgeable about the rules and from my experience as Trusted/Test Mod here in Dink's I've learned a ton more to add to my previous experiences. Taking things I've learned I can easily adapt into dealing with situations better. New or old.

Why do you want to help the community?: Because I enjoy this community a bunch, I want to do as much as I can to help around the server and the forums, and just generally ensure our server is a safer space for everyone.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Nope. Just joke bans and 1 ban that I requested by a Moderator for a break. Didn't last long but no thread came of it.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Yes!
Trusted Application [ Approved ]
Test Moderator Application [ Approved ]

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Yes! I use OBS replay and Gyazo!

How did you find us?: I found the server through a friend who joined a while before I did. A friend from Sona.PW (SG)

Other:
I am fully aware that breaks are incredibly necessary when it comes to staffing, I have taken quite a few small ones whenever I feel stressed and spaced out my time quite a bit. Mostly due to work and taking care of myself. I do get on often and do what I can to help. Burn out happens to be a common theme that appears in most staff apps- Beat ya to it!
I am also aware of things I do need to work on but I have def improved on in time and have made changes to fix mistakes I've made. I know I've made plenty of them, but I acknowledge the mistakes and will learn from them to do better with some criticism of course.

Even if this gets denied, I still enjoy playing- If anything this is some good criticism to take in and think about!

*The thousands of names are from a time when I didn't think I'd stick around and become staff here at Dinkleberg's so I'd change my name to something funny (not on the gametracker because i never stayed on for more than an hour with those names), or to make my name colourful since I found out you could do that
This is solid +1

Geb is always on and ready to handle trolls and ghosters.You know how to handle sutitations well and always helps fresh nerds to figure out how to play.

And keeps server fun place.

Wishing you the best of luck on your application nerd.

I forget to said geb is cute.
So glad see you apply for Moderator, Gerb!

Gerb is fantastic at handling situations, communication, helping players and new staff and so on. 
He is a very nice person who you tell cares a lot about this community. 
Since I became Trusted Gerb has help me numerous times learning about how to best handle situations on the server.
I would like to see Gerb become Moderator because well, he deserves it!  It's no question he can handle the responsibilities of the role.  

Giving you a big +1 and good luck on your application sir.

geb cute.
Former Discord Moderator and Prop Hunt Trusted 2021
Hey Geb! Glad to see you applying for Moderator!

Honestly this application is incredibly easy to give a result on. You know the rules and apply them correctly, you have great communication skills (especially when you have the brain cell  :P ,) you easily handle any situation and you aren't afraid to ask for help if needed. Another amazing plus is how you regulate your play time and take breaks whenever you can/want.

In the end, I know you're going to be able to handle being a Moderator.

+1

Hope to see you with that shiny Moderator badge Heart
(-1 Hacker :P)
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]
-1 Hacker from sona

Fr tho +1 because you have been really helpful helping me out as a new staff member. You're always kind to other players on the server and you love to help everyone out as much as you can. You bring happiness to the community and make the server welcoming. You always do your best to staff the server to the best of your ability and I know that you take it very seriously. You know how to bring those trolls to an end. You always know when to be serious and when it becomes too much. You put a lot of passion into ph (prop hunt) and you get along with everyone. I do not have anything negative to say about you. You've helped me a lot and I've seen you help out many other players. I really hope that you get moderator since you really do deserve it. You have been in the community for so long and I believe you could handle the position. I have faith that you will make a good moderator :) Good lucc! 

Also, seriously, thank you for the help.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
I must apologize to begin with as I cannot find the accurate words to describe what follows, or rather I feel it's an insufficient explanation. 

I am at a neutral position here. Yes you have been helpful in many cases, I don't feel like you're moderator material at this time. 

I've been trying for several days to peg something specific so as to give constructive criticism, I have yet to find exactly what it is that makes me believe you are not ready yet. 

A way to describe it may be that upon seeing your application and having interacted with you, I didn't get a "finally" or "that's what we've been waiting for" type of reaction. It was more of a "huh, well alright". 

Again,  I apologize that I can't nail down exactly what it is as to help you grow into the role of moderator.  

Best of luck, and prop on
So. I'm fairly inactive as stated on the other application. However I do talk to some of our more active staff and regulars so I do somewhat keep up with things. In what I've seen, personally and through what I've heard, you can be very inconsistent with your confidence in your decision making and handling things. One day you're too strict, next you're too lenient. I've heard complaints from regulars who play that when you're on server and handling trolls, you tend to make it worse and the situation calls for a ban when you're done. I know that I tend to call for more punishments as a way of handling things due to being a "stricter" staff, but our main job as staff is de-escalation. We are to keep the server calm and fun. Not tense and annoyed.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
Not to be the unlucky 3rd comment, but my feelings toward this app somehow mirror that of Triangle.

You certainly have potential, but as of right now I have to admit I didn't see this app and immediately think HELL YEAH!

I can't quite pinpoint it, but there have been a few things recently with your evidence quality/ban requests and the consistency with how you staff and handle situations that makes me feel you aren't quite ready for Mod yet.

I'm not totally against the idea, but for now I'm gonna remain neutral with a 0/-1.
Sorry it's taken me a few days to respond to this. Since you have been with us I have seen you slot into the team well. You are helpful, a good team player and really responsive to server requests and pings.

However I do not feel you are ready to advance to the next level. Like others have mentioned I feel you need more time to iron a few things out and I do think you already know that there's a few things to work on. Before you have the ability and responsibility of mod I think you need to show a little more consistency with your staffing and learn how to defuse situations to get that balance of calm and fun. We don't want to be the fun police and have a silent server but directing the conversations and keeping them fun is something that's important.

Recently I was on the server and had some slightly trolly players on who were getting a bit too loud and pushing the boundaries, I managed to defuse the situation and get them talking about other things and get more focus on the game, I didn't hand out any punishments. They had all been calm and joking around for a good 15mins, I was about to leave when you arrived into the server and within a few minutes of me leaving they were all listed for mic spam, trolling etc. It's hard to learn the balance of when to punish and when to just defuse the situation or to try and distract them but it's something that really helps the server. 

We all have stuff to work on and there's always room for improvement with everyone I just feel that at the minute there's a bit more to be done before you're fully ready and confident within the mod role. 

Please please don't be too disappointed if this doesn't get approved as you still have lots of potential, all your hard work and input is really appreciated within the team.
[Image: unknown.jpg]
@The Triangle , @[Yellow] Travis1421 , @Agent Barton , @"[pink] Pixie Soldier" 

I appreciate your honest opinions, like I said even if I don't get approved for Mod, I'm always up for criticism and to improve because I am aware there are some issues I need to work on. Seeing them in front of me gives me time to think about how to improve on those and work on it! Criticism isn't received often.

Thank you!