Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This needs to be addressed (Farewell)
So, I'm gonna start off with saying that I am NOT calling anybody a liar. But I need to say this.
In my recent trusted application, I have been accused of "mic spamming" and that I was gagged and warned multiple times. 

I'm going to say that I was never gagged for mic spamming within the past few months or any time recently. I have been warned yes, but I got under control. 

To the person who has accused me of mic spamming, You know who you are. Can you do something for me? Prove that I mic spammed once. Show me evidence weither that be a video or a chat relay that you warned me or gagged me. If their is no video or chat relay, then it's just your word. And words aren't exactly 100% true. 

And to add on to the recording option and the claim that filmora is "not a screen recorder", here is a link to what I use. I have a subscription to this program.

https://filmora.wondershare.com/screen-recorder/

Like I said, I'm not gonna call anyone a Liar, but some people have very snakeish behavior. I've helped out the ph server so many times to make sure that no ghosters or trolls are on. Then one mistake I made a long time ago comes to affect any chances to become trusted.  

And the "Behavioral problem", I know DAMN well that there are people who help the server that have problems with their behavior and they are not reprimanded. 
One example was, one person who helps the server was told to kill themselves by a troll. That person encouraged the troll by saying "Lets make that a double date." Nothing was done. Nobody was reprimanded.
And another thing, banning a player for a month so quickly while skipping the three day ban which is in the banning process, makes it seem that you have a personal vendetta against a particular player. Also, why does it takes days for the REAL problems in the server, such as ghosters and trolls to get solved? This is one of the reason's why people are uncomfortable playing the PH server. They are getting called names and slurs and the trolls get nothing but a few warnings and gags. They still come back if they are not banned. Also a ban request takes quite some time, so in that time, they could be terrorizing the server. 

And if you're gonna say "Just Mute them", that's for like one player, the trolls come in packs so you would have to mute so many people. 

I'm going to finish with this. 

Normally I would say "Auf wiedersehen" which basically means "till next time". But I'm just going to say, goodbye. I don't intend any time soon to be seeing some of you lot. I would prefer not to be in the company of snakes.
Alright looked at the staff application. I do not see one person who said that they gagged you. Talking about the player that was banned for a month also needs context. The player had been temporarily banned previously for the exact same thing and was banned for more than one thing. The player has also gotten in trouble with staff at multiple point throughout their time here. If it was flat out bias then why wouldn't they just permanently ban the player and be done with it?

The "mistake" you made a long time ago was not a factor in my decision making on delaying my response whatsoever. Heck, until you mentioned it I had completely forgotten about it.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
For those it may concern,

From my experience interacting with Steelman334 on Dinkleberg, playing alongside, speaking with, and all in all experiencing within the game with; I have nothing but positive comments to make on this individual player. As new players on the server, myself and my cohort, Right Lil Boot, were met with nothing but niceties and professionalism in regards to the functionalities of both the server and the game play. This continued on as days passed as we became regulars, extending out further to newer players as our time on the server progressed. As an individual, Steelman334, is very patient and understanding towards not only difficult or newer players, but especially towards younger audiences, who are glaringly ignorant towards the dynamic of in-game playthrough or the dynamic approach of online voice chat interactions with older players. Personally, I find this behavior to be commendable, as it shows that he is understanding and approachable to younger players, showing that he can educate them on what is appropriate to say to others in an online forum whilst simultaneously creating a safe environment for younger players; something that in my opinion, is of the top most importance. Steelman334 makes people feel welcomed and involved in voice chat discussions, and enforces the rules in accordance to Dinkleberg guidelines: never going as far as abusing his donor rank aside from a single time occurrence towards a band of trolls in game. An incidence that I'm sure most staff members can be sympathetic towards.

Overall, I would be ecstatic to see such a responsible and welcoming individual on the PH staff team.

Left Lil Boot -
I stand corrected on the recording program. I had googled what you said "It is wondershare filmora." to double check that Wondershare FIlmora was not a screen recording program as I hadn't seen that feature before while using it, what you linked above Filmora Scrn is indeed a screen recording program.  

Didn't even know that one existed. 
I thought this was a response to the app being denied until I read it. You really chewed out the team and called them a group of snakes over a delayed application so that fish could check stories? PH pulled a dodge worthy of dark souls.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Take some time off, relax, enjoy other games and meet new people. It's hard to explain but one day you'll look back on this and cringe. I know I did just read my post history. I learned a lot about myself and matured mentally a lot over the year I was banned here. Anyways, I hope you read the advice I've given and come back when you're ready. Try not to let this stuff get you down too much.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Yikes.

Just yikes.

There is more behind the scenes stuff you do not see the staff addressing or doing, but I'm not gonna beat a dead horse honestly, this is the second time on forums you've shown you cannot handle criticism of any kind and this reflects poorly in my opinion to your staff app.

Go play other games, get away from Gmod and just chill out.
Go away
(06-09-2021, 09:31 PM)[test]Steelman334 Wrote: So, I'm gonna start off with saying that I am NOT calling anybody a liar. But I need to say this.

(06-09-2021, 09:31 PM)[test]Steelman334 Wrote:
To the person who has accused me of mic spamming, You know who you are. Can you do something for me? Prove that I mic spammed once. Show me evidence weither that be a video or a chat relay that you warned me or gagged me. If their is no video or chat relay, then it's just your word. And words aren't exactly 100% true. 

2 very contradicting statements. This whole post is clearly a response to the whole staff app and a way to release frustration. Its understandable to be frustrated when you get a delayed response on a staff app but honestly this is not a way to approach it. 

Like I said, I'm not gonna call anyone a Liar, but some people have very snakeish behavior. I've helped out the ph server so many times to make sure that no ghosters or trolls are on. Then one mistake I made a long time ago comes to affect any chances to become trusted.  

Again, not a way to approach staff apps. Someone brought up a concern and you call it snakeish behavior? This clearly shows that you are calling them a liar and a snake.... I mean come on man criticism is supposed to help you grow as a person and as staff. If you didn't agree with it, why not speak to Fish about it? Why try to start all this? 

And the "Behavioral problem", I know DAMN well that there are people who help the server that have problems with their behavior and they are not reprimanded. 
One example was, one person who helps the server was told to kill themselves by a troll. That person encouraged the troll by saying "Lets make that a double date." Nothing was done. Nobody was reprimanded.
And another thing, banning a player for a month so quickly while skipping the three day ban which is in the banning process, makes it seem that you have a personal vendetta against a particular player. Also, why does it takes days for the REAL problems in the server, such as ghosters and trolls to get solved? This is one of the reason's why people are uncomfortable playing the PH server. They are getting called names and slurs and the trolls get nothing but a few warnings and gags. They still come back if they are not banned. Also a ban request takes quite some time, so in that time, they could be terrorizing the server. 

And if you're gonna say "Just Mute them", that's for like one player, the trolls come in packs so you would have to mute so many people. 

Well let me hold you to the same standard as you are trying to hold the person that said you were mic spamming. I am not calling anyone a liar. Now for the issue above though do you have evidence?

In all honesty though we need evidence for these things. Staff doesn't have eyes on the server 24/7 and I don't see how people expect us to know when these things are happening without reporting it. Even Mods/Admins don't have eyes on the server all the time either. These things need to be brought up through the right channels to be taken care of. 

I have never had any issues with you Steelman and I haven't been active enough at the moment due to IRL situations to reply to your app. The moral of this whole thing is don't go off on people for putting forward legitimate concerns. You have all the right to prove them wrong and Fish even gave you the chance to. That is something that isn't always the case. Staff apps are for these things to be brought up and discussed. We need staff members that are capable of taking criticism. Staffing is all about taking criticism either negative or positive since it is a learning experience and clearly you are not ready to do so yet. You need to be able to take criticism. As staff, players are going to be against you and if you do things that are not favorable for the player base, you will get negative criticism and what will you do then? Even if you get denied on the app who cares? You can just reapply in a month. Its just a staff app for a game. Just take a breather and gather your thoughts again. No need to try to start attacking people for their concerns. Everyone has a voice here.
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
I know I'm just a regular, but I would like the staff to read this.

I understand the viewpoints of both Steelman334 and the staff, and I think both parties could have handled things differently.

In Steel's application, he was accused multiple times of micspam.  I really think evidence is really important to present in a staff application.  Memory is a fickle thing, so it is entirely possible the staff remembers things too harshly, or Steel remembers it in a better light.  That's why evidence should be presented so it's not a "he/she/other said" thing.  If there was chat spam, then it should be easy to search the chat relay (I really hope all of the chat over the years is archived!).  Storing large amounts of videos can be difficult depending on the resources each staff member has, but if micspam is an issue in a staff application, then a recording of the offending instances would be nice.  OBS has a very nice pluggin that allows you to automatically mark timestamps with hotkeys, and videos can be compressed and archived for later use.

It's also entirely possible (and probable) that what is considered micspam varies from staff to staff.  Some people may view being loud in the mic when talking as spam, and others may not.
I've played a great many hours on dinks when Steelman334 was on, and not once did I hear him micspam.  He's a loud, talkative guy, and I don't think that's a bad thing at all.

Should Steel have written a message in a less impassioned state? Absolutely.  Can we fault him for not taking kindly to being accused of micspam without any evidence to support such claims? I don't think so.  There is no way for Steel to prove he didn't micspam, since he can't prove a negative.  I don't think it's unnatural to react in a negative way.

Additionally, I don't think Steel is mad at all about the delayed responses as @[b]B0T.ikillyou [/b]suggests.  To the outside observer, I didn't see where it was mentioned that the accusers were searching for evidence to post for his staff application.  I think that's where the confusion stems.  The finality of each post leads people to believe that no evidence is being searched for to be shown.

If professionalism is desired by the staff team, then the staff team needs to lead by example. Evidence is expected (actually, demanded) when it comes to getting ghosters banned (the word of 5+ regulars isn't considered enough to warrant ghosters being placed on the naughty list), so I would argue that it's natural to expect evidence to be presented in other aspects of the dinkleberg community as well.  Some of your responses to Steel's post leave much to be desired as well.  I get it, this is a gaming forum; however, don't pick and choose when to respond professionally vs not unless the subforum is specifically meant to be unprofessional (ie: shitposting <3).  Lead by example.  Be the better person.  I'll see you all on dinks.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=6437

Let me preface my response here with my 2nd trusted application. Those of you who don't know that story should give it a read. It's a definite rollercoaster of emotions and crap like that. 

As someone who has been the victim of "snakes" in this community before, I know how you're feeling probably better than anyone who is responding right now. I've been there. I get it. But in no way did anyone "snake" there way here. You had people come out and tell you EXACTLY what they believe you did wrong. You had exact answers. All you had to do was ask for the proof on your application. What did you do? You threw a hissyfit and made anyone who supported you look like a jackass.

I wanted you to become staff. I saw a huge load of potential in you. You admitted to being wrong on our forums in a way that most people don't. And now that you've applied for staff and gotten criticized again, you've shown your ass because you didn't get the answer you wanted. Do you realise how rare it is for anyone to get a "delayed response" to a staff app instead of an outright denial? It's only happened once or twice. Once or twice in a 6 year span and you throw a bitch fit because you were accused of mic spam. All you needed to do was ask for proof. Burden of proof falls upon the accusers. That's why staff record for evidence. Without evidence, all they have is their word(Thanks @"Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca" ). And we don't follow word of mouth around here. We look at videos and screenshots to make our judgement on issues. I wanted to see this mic spam because I believed it was a minor issue seeing as I've never heard anyone talk about it in the staff chat or in the main discord itself. You did this to yourself mate. I'm sorry that it came to this.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]