Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let the rodent out of the cage [ Mod Application ]
time to become a the worst of the worst, an actual mod.

I will say one thing....DONT OVER WORK YOURSELF YOU LIL SHIT.

-1.....+2

sooooo +1 cmon in bb boi.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

(06-10-2021, 11:12 PM)Speedydog Wrote: -snip-

I'm going to ignore the personal opinions on this because that is what staff applications are for. I will however personally address some points talked about in the response.

First, Geb has on call. So you can drop that argument. There's not a lot of people on at 4 am but there are still users on, don't know why that would be used against someone getting staff. Geb complaining about not getting enough sleep while then getting on the server at 4 am is probably a bigger concern about personal health.

Attitude has been discussed by more than one individual to me, on the staff app, and the discord, I'll leave this one be. However, people have been talking "trash" about Sona players for literally years. Nuru has done it, I've done it and so have others. Most of the time it is meant as a joke and that can be hard to tell via the internet. Now actual bullying of players is different and would need to be looked into.

Your third point, talking sexually around minors is inappropriate or in poor taste but there's a big difference between targetting minor individuals and trying to manipulate for sexual things compared to talking inappropriately around them. Comparing Geb to Abdel in this scenario (I've seen plenty of evidence of the whole Abdel thing, trust me) is a large stretch with the current evidence given. With sensitive information like this that possibly includes the exploitation of minors, you should have come to me or another trusted upper staff member. The last bit of your conversation, I will have you send proof to me or you can just drop it. 

Your fourth point is first actual no-no in all of this. Sharing things from staff chat is bad and shouldn't happen. You do try showing that geb talked about things in general discord chat but staff being able to screen players is public knowledge. You can find ban requests, and even unban requests with that proof being used as evidence.

Everything else you have stated I have little to no issue with as this is what staff applications are for. Your third point should have been discussed privately since it does include a minor's identity which you may have potentially exposed just by sharing the screens even with their name and pfp crossed out.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(06-10-2021, 11:46 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 11:12 PM)Speedydog Wrote: -snip-

I'm going to ignore the personal opinions on this because that is what staff applications are for. I will however personally address some points talked about in the response.

First, Geb has on call. So you can drop that argument. There's not a lot of people on at 4 am but there are still users on, don't know why that would be used against someone getting staff. Geb complaining about not getting enough sleep while then getting on the server at 4 am is probably a bigger concern about personal health.

Attitude has been discussed by more than one individual to me, on the staff app, and the discord, I'll leave this one be. However, people have been talking "trash" about Sona players for literally years. Nuru has done it, I've done it and so have others. Most of the time it is meant as a joke and that can be hard to tell via the internet. Now actual bullying of players is different and would need to be looked into.

Your third point, talking sexually around minors is inappropriate or in poor taste but there's a big difference between targetting minor individuals and trying to manipulate for sexual things compared to talking inappropriately around them. Comparing Geb to Abdel in this scenario (I've seen plenty of evidence of the whole Abdel thing, trust me) is a large stretch with the current evidence given. With sensitive information like this that possibly includes the exploitation of minors, you should have come to me or another trusted upper staff member. The last bit of your conversation, I will have you send proof to me or you can just drop it. 

Your fourth point is first actual no-no in all of this. Sharing things from staff chat is bad and shouldn't happen. You do try showing that geb talked about things in general discord chat but staff being able to screen players is public knowledge. You can find ban requests, and even unban requests with that proof being used as evidence.

Everything else you have stated I have little to no issue with as this is what staff applications are for. Your third point should have been discussed privately since it does include a minor's identity which you may have potentially exposed just by sharing the screens even with their name and pfp crossed out.
Couple things, Geb had the on call off for weeks and turned it on either yesterday or today. 
As a Sona player myself, I am not ok with how we are discussed and would appreciate a cease of that. It is turning into alienation with Geb accelerating the idea. Trust me, we are just players, same as everyone else. No lines in the sand are needed. 
The minor approved my message, wouldn't have posted it otherwise. Full consent. I shared as much as they were comfortable but there are thousands of similar messages. However, watch Geb in DMs now because he will likely talk about it and will expose it.
I'd like to note that the personal things should've been messaged to the admin so they can handle that portion. Also. It isn't the point that the minor said it's okay. It's the fact that if the minor was truly being harassed, you just opened up a world of harassment for them by showing direct messages and quotes that they said. Either way, you've said your piece. Let the admin handle the situation as is.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
I do not wish to derail Geb's application here any further, but I was disgusted by what I read from Speedydog and want to post my response to his points.

Point 1

This is not a "job" and it is frankly quite upsetting that you would call it such. We do not get paid, we get no compensation of any sort. We do this as volunteer work in order to make the server a more playable and enjoyable place for all. I do not have the On-Call role on for any server, yet I hold a staff rank on three. I go on when I can and when I feel like it. I have no other obligation to get on at any time. No staff member is ever obliged to get on. I know that when Geb did have the On-Call role, he often did feel obliged to get on because he took those pings seriously. And that caused him stress. A volunteer position should not lead to stress. 

You have no valid criticism in your point here. If Geb wants to play at night, he can play at night. You have no right to tell him when to play and if you really think you do, you need to reassess your entitlements. Geb can play whatever game they want too when they are not on the server - Phasmophobia, Sea of Thieves, or whatever. You do not control what they do off the server, nor do you control what they do on the server. 

Sona shut down over a year ago, if not longer. You can consider what happened back then, but that should have little bearing if there are months of current staffing experience on the current server in which Geb plays.

Also, people get up to go pee, grab a snack, or stop their dog from having a seizure while playing sometimes. That means they get up from their computer. And yes, that includes staff members. So before you go claiming "incompetence and blatant unwillingness to help," please provide some proof of such - that they were there and active and still ignored the prop in the illegal spot.

Point 2

I'm not sure the relevance of the comment with Pixie with Geb mentioning their ankle in pain. People share things about their life in the Discord and on the server all the time. That's not "begging for attention." That's just people talking or sharing. Begging for attention is screaming the n word on the server. 

The comment with Benny is obviously a joke. The staff are not robots and are allowed to mess around a little. I do it too and there's nothing wrong with it as long as it is kept within certain limits. Obviously Geb is not telling Benny to literally go on the server and start insulting and harassing other players. If you genuinely think that, then you are an idiot.

I frequently get friend requests from regulars and players on the servers - whether that be PH or TTT. I do not add people unless I plan on playing a game with them out of Garry's Mod. I do not see a reason to clog up my friend request with people I can just communicate via Discord with. The only reason I add people on Steam today is to play other games or if Discord communication is difficult. Geb is absolutely not obliged to add you or any other friends on Steam. If they did block anyone on Steam, I'm sure it was only a couple of people and for good reason. If Geb blocked you, they sure as hell had a great reason for doing so.

The Sona people are tryhards. That is a fact. You guys dominate the scoreboards constantly and I can easily see how it is frustrating for other players that may not have studied every last corner of some of the server's most popular maps. Besides, we make fun of many other servers in our community - like moat, the Deathrun server, the TTT server. It's literally not a big deal.

Point 3

I'm not really understanding these screenshots or what I am supposed to be seeing here. That does not mean I am dismissing the fact that this point is one where there are accusations of harassing minors, but it just means I am not sure what these are supposed to show. The context is entirely missing. You literally only included comments from Geb here, which hardly shows us anything at all. Some of these posts are from when Geb himself was underage, so that just makes me even more uncomfortable that you chose to share these publically.

The fact that you did not share these images with Fish, me, Dink, or any other admin just makes me very suspicious. Frankly, it just comes across as incredibly petty and untrustworthy that you decided to post these make not only the admins, but the entire community, aware of these accusations for the first time on Geb's moderator app. 

Again, this seems incredibly disingenuous. If you really cared, you would have sent these directly to Fish or anyone else in the upper staff to make them aware of these bold accusations and be able to better protect the anonymity and identity of the minors that may have been harassed. 

Point 4

This is not a leak. We used to have the relay itself open until only a few months ago so many players are already aware of the means in which we sometimes are able to catch hackers. This evidence, as Fish already stated, is publicly posted on ban requests and unban requests quite often. 

Leaking a private Discord chat is not prohibited. If the reasons for doing so were to simply stir drama, that is problematic. If the reasons for doing so were to prevent a major ass from joining the staff team, then kudos to the leaker.
Lol k so first of all, wow.

Second: that BDSM chat thing was me and Geb talking, unless Geb and someone else had the EXACT SAME IDENTICAL reaction and conversation, it was myself, a 27 year old and Geb a 20/21 year old. I'm also sure this happened in my discord? Or it did happen in staff discord on an off topic stupid stuff chatter, to which yes that shouldn't have been discussed there and this is clear staff chat leak.

Thirdly: the Mod team knows who sent me that message and it wasn't Geb. You need to get off this weird fuckin obsession you're having as of late to paint Geb as a bad guy. It's getting weird.

As for the personal shit, deal with it in DMs or ignore it all together.

If you have other evidence to back up what you're saying about Geb inappropriately associating himself with a minor please discuss that with fish or someone you trust on the mod team because that is not something we will take lightly.

Also edit I'm sorry I'm exhausted and meant to reply to speedy BUT as far as Gebs app goes I am neutral right now since I've been too busy to play but Pixie nailed it with her comment.
Go away
I don’t know if my vote will count but I’m putting my opinion here at least.

Speaking from former admin perspective, yes you cannot please all. It is impossible. However, as a moderator, you are to be a driving force or role model for the server and for the community as a whole. When the community is this divided and mixed in votes it’s obvious that it’s not your time to move up yet. Take into consideration what was told and work on your tone. I can tell by the comments you still have issues with bottling and lashing or acting different with different people. Try to remember to keep it fair and fun but don’t intervene unless its needed. As pixie said staff are here to help and diffuse situations and that is one thing you’ve struggled with always.

Also nicky bringing up how gabe was on sona is very relevant honestly. If he shows repeated actions yet again it says he has not grown. Its just something to watch for. It carried across three servers there and is just something to be noted. 

I wish the best on future apps but i really don’t think you’re ready for a while. I love you and you are my child always but you know I’ve always been tough when it comes to what to work on. Focus on your attitude and treating people equal. For example i didnt harass just one or two people, it was everyone  Cool

Best of luck kiddo love you.

Edit; dont laugh at me i edited all my typos im tired fk
(06-10-2021, 11:12 PM)Speedydog Wrote: - Snip -
I will reply to the things in order as I see them, it will be a bit of a mess.

1 )
- Complaints about getting onto server are quite common, jokes go around of course, and honestly just in general nothing new. I still get on when I can but because of my work schedule it's either I'm on in the morning or late evening.

- When I cannot get onto the server, especially during times of going to work, I direct users to the forums to make a ban request, as all other staff do. I do care about the 'job' because I do want to keep the server from troublemakers during the times I want to play on server.

- The PH on-call staff role was not on me for a long time because I asked for it to be removed due to personal reasons at the time of removal but I still lurked when I could. I have seen and heard many others also make similar complaints that I do, ignoring the ping because of other things in life or simply not feeling like getting on because of their own personal reasons. It really is nothing new to see staff without their respective 'On-Call Staff' role.. But I will say this, I had the role re-added because I felt it was time to have it back due to my recent increase in activity on server.

- All staff are still staff even regardless of time played on other games, I still find time to get on the server when I can even if its just pretty late at night. Trying to make a point about my time on other games really isn't a solid because of course my time on server is voluntary.

- I will admit to making the mistakes of not seeing some illegal spots until the end due to having to tab out to add listings to our list, or something come up in that time, etc. I still catch them, I still warn users, and I follow my procedure as instructed depending on the situation. I still do what I need to do when I am actively tabbed into the game.

2 )
- The attitude thing has already been mentioned quite a few times and I do not disagree with them. But I am acknowledging these comments of course and will iron them out because I realize having a saucy attitude will not help situations when it comes time to deal with them. Especially when seeing them written out by people I fully respect in this community, I can understand their point of view. I admit to them and of course I will work to make myself better.

- Jokes about Sona players have been made by many others, I don't think any jokes made by me made any difference.

- The screenshots with Benny is obviously a joke, I don't expect him to actually go into the server and be an absolute dickhead just because I said so. Benny is a grown adult and I'd expect him to not actually do that even though he is a common troll in these parts.

3 )
- This section should of just really been brought up and dealt with privately with upperstaff, not openly. It just makes this long response really petty in a way due to the amount of personal stuff is in this response. I can and will talk to any of the upper staff about these if they really wished to talk about them.
Any personal vendetta should also be dealt with personally.

4 )
- The conversation is during a time when I was unsure if I could share screenshots from relay, or mention it existed, etc. But now seeing as we sometimes take screenshots from relay for evidence, I now realize its fine to share that information since it was once alright, the playerbase has already been made aware of our relays. Most have been closed up until this point but we still use it as evidence.
(06-11-2021, 01:01 AM)MissPauling Wrote: Lol k so first of all, wow.

Second: that BDSM chat thing was me and Geb talking, unless Geb and someone else had the EXACT SAME IDENTICAL reaction and conversation, it was myself, a 27 year old and Geb a 20/21 year old. I'm also sure this happened in my discord? Or it did happen in staff discord on an off topic stupid stuff chatter, to which yes that shouldn't have been discussed there and this is clear staff chat leak.

Thirdly: the Mod team knows who sent me that message and it wasn't Geb. You need to get off this weird fuckin obsession you're having as of late to paint Geb as a bad guy. It's getting weird.

As for the personal shit, deal with it in DMs or ignore it all together.

If you have other evidence to back up what you're saying about Geb inappropriately associating himself with a minor please discuss that with fish or someone you trust on the mod team because that is not something we will take lightly.

Also edit I'm sorry I'm exhausted and meant to reply to speedy BUT as far as Gebs app goes I am neutral right now since I've been too busy to play but Pixie nailed it with her comment.
The evidence is not fake, I saw the exact conversation myself, don't shoot the messenger. It wasn't a staff chat, and I don't think you knew Geb in 2018? That's the date of the message.
They don't want to elaborate further because that is all they are comfortable sharing. They wanted to let people be aware of this issue without having it go to extremes. Please respect the boundaries of my friend. Thank you.
Why would you ever think its a good idea to talk to a minor about bdsm.. "hehe look what i got on my bdsm chart teehee* how are you guys so socially inept
[Image: xdjlve.png]