Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conn, Leah, and Fanboy
Format

Offender's Name: Conn's SteamID(STEAM_0:0:562127809), Leah's SteamID (STEAM_0:0:44098755), fanboy's SteamID (STEAM_0:1:29697)

Offender's SteamID: [b]Conn's SteamID(STEAM_0:0:562127809), Leah's SteamID (STEAM_0:0:44098755), fanboy's SteamID (STEAM_0:1:29697)[/b]

Potential Witnesses: Benny, Jammin, Brand, Pauly, Keen, Fred

Reason to Ban: Doxing/ddos/exploit/Lagging the server. I'm not really one to tell if someone is doxing or lag-switching but i feel its pretty obvious it was them. All 3 of them have been flickering their mics and at the same time the server lags. I didnt start my camera until after Conn left but he was also doing it. It even happened at just the right time when he was traitor to kill people.
At first Jammin thought it was Keen because of the timing of Keen leaving/joining, but I'm fairly confident it was them. 

Theory: The reason if was so hard at first to tell who was lagging the server is likely because they were doing it when they were traitors and flicking on traitor chat. Later on they were more obvious about it.

Proof: https://youtu.be/svbrdJfFG8I
Can confirm, every time they talked or attempted to, the entire server would just die. When they were put in spectator or when they were dead, the lag would practically vanish. They aren't on as of this posting, but it is almost certain that it's those 3.
Can also confirm, everytime the server lagged it was when one of their mics was flickering
doxxing has nothing to do with lagging the server doxxing is giving private or unknown infomation of a person like their full name, phone number, face etc i think you mean ddosing. it is very clear that fanboy is doing it
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(06-23-2021, 02:35 AM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: doxxing has nothing to do with lagging the server doxxing is giving private or unknown infomation of a person like their full name, phone number, face etc i think you mean ddosing. it is very clear that fanboy is doing it
Its all three of them. Fanboy wasnt even on when the ddosing started. He came on later.
(06-23-2021, 02:35 AM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: doxxing has nothing to do with lagging the server doxxing is giving private or unknown infomation of a person like their full name, phone number, face etc i think you mean ddosing. it is very clear that fanboy is doing it
I don't think its ddosing, it seems more like a new exploit within gmod itself, people that were on other servers said the same exact was happening to them as well
He means DDOSing which isn't the issue either - we have actual DDOS protection.
A good description of the issue here can be found here.
I took plenty of video when I was online earlier in the evening too, and will try to clip/share as I get time to look at it.

Looking at the 3 steam profiles, conn is the most likely culprit. Their account, which is a little bit under a year old, lists a vac ban from this past year, and it is noted they only have 13 hours of gmod total. Additonally, the player was banned from After hours gaming for the same reason yesterday.
The profle for Leah also notes possible wallhacks/aimbot in the comments from 2017, as well as an ancient VAC ban, but nothing else seems to suggest lag-hacking. Did find evidence of a backdoor lua script, likely for aimbot. I see nothing suspicous on Fanboy.

Given the information I now have, I am inclined to believe that conn (STEAM_0:0:562127809) is the sole culpret. Based on the level of lag that was experienced, I have no reason to believe that it was more than one person - as having more than one person lagging out the server would likely result in a crash/restart.

I'll see if someone with serverside access can better verify some of the traffic from last night, but as of now I think banning conn is the best way to go here.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(06-23-2021, 10:21 AM)Jammin Wrote: He means DDOSing which isn't the issue either - we have actual DDOS protection.
A good description of the issue here can be found here.
I took plenty of video when I was online earlier in the evening too, and will try to clip/share as I get time to look at it.

Looking at the 3 steam profiles, conn is the most likely culprit. Their account, which is a little bit under a year old, lists a vac ban from this past year, and it is noted they only have 13 hours of gmod total. Additonally, the player was banned from After hours gaming for the same reason yesterday.
The profle for Leah also notes possible wallhacks/aimbot in the comments from 2017, as well as an ancient VAC ban, but nothing else seems to suggest lag-hacking. Did find evidence of a backdoor lua script, likely for aimbot. I see nothing suspicous on Fanboy.

Given the information I now have, I am inclined to believe that conn (STEAM_0:0:562127809) is the sole culpret. Based on the level of lag that was experienced, I have no reason to believe that it was more than one person - as having more than one person lagging out the server would likely result in a crash/restart.

I'll see if someone with serverside access can better verify some of the traffic from last night, but as of now I think banning conn is the best way to go here.
Again, it can not be only one culprit. It happens when all three of them do it. They were all doing it at different times, not exactly the same times. Most were likely on their traitor rounds to get some sort of advantage. Fanboy was not on the server when it started but according to the video, he is clearly doing it. Conn was not on the server during the time it is happening on the video which means after he left, someone else was doing it. Leah has been seen doing it multiple times. I'm not sure if you remember but there were several times when people told Leah that her mic was not working, benny even said it on terrortrain; that was when she was mic flicking. Regardless of what exactly it is, doxing, ddos, lag-switch, exploiting, they all deserve a big fat permaban.

A little extra that is not definitive but maybe some support. I did a little more searching on their profiles. While Conn does not have a visible friends list, probably hid it with preferences, Leah and Fanboy do. Leah and Fanboy have friends that link to each other. Leah is friends with Cult STEAM_0:1:47681607 who is friends with Lizard STEAM_0:1:104890349 who is friends with Fanboy. That might be reaching but considering they were causing the server lag maybe that helps connect them.

One last thing to connect all three of them. Conn, Leah, and Fanboy all have one group in common, Atomic Networks (https://steamcommunity.com/groups/atomicnetworkss). Both Conn and Fanboy have only joined that ONE group. Again, maybe its reaching or coincidence, but considering what happened and all the evidence and witnesses, I'd say it is definitely all three of them.
Unless you or someone you know has serverside access, you will NEVER be able to prove 100% that someone has DDoS'd, DoS'd, lagswitched using a hack client, etc. (unless they admit to it like one dumbshit did when i was mod or you screengrab and see it or sum shit)

edit: I should've worded my original statement better. Yes, obviously you will know someone is doing it. But you can't pinpoint who it is and have any concrete evidence for it without having serverside access.
hi i was sent this thread haha lol

this is a more recent net exploit that was patched by one of the devs/staff of the current ttt server i play on. we no longer have this problem on said server. he has told me if you guys want this fix, he can provide it. just have someone dm me. pretty sure only dinkleberg can implement anything under the assumption that everyjuan is still dead so an admin should let him know and go on from there.

Angel

PS: message from dev "just put that it's undetectable using gmod's provided base lua functions, so they don't bother trying to do it without me"
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊