Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the need for transparency?
It's a simple concept, respect me and trust the position I have been given to ensure our communities survivability and I'll garuntee that when something needs to be discussed I'll disclose it. That's all I have to say on this matter.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Never a dull moment in Dinkleberg's!| Gmod| staff needed| makes people act up just a friendly reminder we are a gmod server and community idk why people wanna do fucked up shit for this shitty game but never the less when they do we will establish a pro gamer move on them I have been in this position before in the fact that things were kept away from me if something needs to be said ill do what I can to make sure its said (if im there when it happens sometimes I just dont see what goes on in either discord lol) Also this shit dont happen with 2D women......IM JUST SAYING.......the legal ones anyway
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
(06-24-2021, 06:05 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote: Never a dull moment in Dinkleberg's!| Gmod| staff needed| makes people act up just a friendly reminder we are a gmod server and community idk why people wanna do fucked up shit for this shitty game but never the less when they do we will establish a pro gamer on them I have been in this position before in the fact that things were kept away from me if something needs to be said ill do what I can to make sure its said (if im there when it happens sometimes I just dont see what goes on in either discord lol) Also this shit dont happen with 2D women......IM JUST SAYING.......the legal ones anyway
 based waifu poster
[Image: xdjlve.png]
So I think I was soft enough the first time, lets go hard this one. If you, the mods, don't like how we'll react to drama with jokes, JUST DON'T LISTEN TO IT. This is basically like that one meme, "me teaching the cyberbullying victim how to turn off the computer." You're a moderator, its supposed to be your job to weed through the people being toxic. I ain't saying you ain't 'sposed to have feelings, but you signed up to be the ones who have the concrete skin for the people who don't, as of this thread it seems like you dudes are not living up to your job description. I understand the taxing nature of the two events frequently mentioned throughout this thread, but Christ dude, TURN OFF THE COMPUTER SOMETIMES. Again, no real tether to the server exists outside of your arms, you can let go at any time. I mean no real offence to any moderator in this thread, except you Matt.
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
Just a thing uh

Gabeolo does not speak for us

Just throwin that out there
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
I lost more brain cells reading that comment than I did from smoking weed for two years.
(06-24-2021, 08:59 PM)Gabeolo Wrote: So I think I was soft enough the first time, lets go hard this one. If you, the mods, don't like how we'll react to drama with jokes, JUST DON'T LISTEN TO IT. This is basically like that one meme, "me teaching the cyberbullying victim how to turn off the computer." You're a moderator, its supposed to be your job to weed through the people being toxic. I ain't saying you ain't 'sposed to have feelings, but you signed up to be the ones who have the concrete skin for the people who don't, as of this thread it seems like you dudes are not living up to your job description. I understand the taxing nature of the two events frequently mentioned throughout this thread, but Christ dude, TURN OFF THE COMPUTER SOMETIMES. Again, no real tether to the server exists outside of your arms, you can let go at any time. I mean no real offence to any moderator in this thread, except you Matt.

Hi Fake Gabe,

It is the duty of the staff to "listen to it" when it comes to comments made within the community forums or Discord server. There are dedicated staff members whose job it is to moderate these places. Even for those whose job isn't solely dedicated to moderating these areas, there is no obligation to "turn off the computer" and ignore offensive comments.

No one should be made to feel unwelcome in this community, whether that be the 12-year-old squeaker player or the two year veteran PH staff member. Staff members did not sign up "to be the ones who have concrete skin."

Speaking personally, I do not usually mind when people direct insults at me on the server or anywhere else. I generally find it amusing to laugh at the idiotic responses of people that are not very intelligent. That being said, I do not consider being called child predator an ordinary insult. This is a community that has suffered from this problem recently and in the past, and it is not something to take lightly. I have worked with abused children as part of my pro bono work in law school and I find it genuinely offensive to have myself or any other staff members be baselessly accused of such heinous crimes.

I signed up as a staff member for a few specific reasons. I signed up to help deal with RDM on the server through slays and temporary bans. To stop people from disrupting the enjoyment of others through micspam, chat spam, or racial/homophobic epithets. To prevent people from being harassed by creepers or individuals with more nefarious motives. To put a halt to cheating and other exploitation that ruins the purpose of the game.

I did not sign up to be insulted or be a punching bag for others. No staff member signed up for this role.

Each person in this community, whether they be a player or a staff member, has a right to respect.
(06-24-2021, 11:00 PM)dong Wrote: I lost more brain cells reading that comment than I did from smoking weed for two years.
weed demon
I just want to also point out, we never talked about transparency. I could give less of a shit what the admins tell me. I only care when people tell us "not the time" and expect us to know what is happening when we had no clue.

Welp, another drama for the tierlist.
former admin2
(06-24-2021, 11:54 PM)Deadpool Wrote: I just want to also point out, we never talked about transparency. I could give less of a shit what the admins tell me. I only care when people tell us "not the time" and expect us to know what is happening when we had no clue.

Welp, another drama for the tierlist.
correction, the only time we posted about it was when someone laced was posting for brought it up.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023