Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Playermodels
(07-18-2021, 02:17 PM)Reina Wrote: +Aren't there like 20 masculine models that no one uses? I've never seen someone wearing Davey Jones, if that one is even still around. If space is an issue, it's definitely a very easily solved one.

Most of the "crap" models like Davey Jones, Jack Sparrow, etc are there because theyre super tiny and have been on the server since it started.. kind of the classics, theyre so tiny no harm in really keeping them unless we for some reason want to start chucking crap

I don't get the huge "anime bad!!!!!" thing.. not adding a model exclusively because it's from anime is pretty weird, if the design is unique and it looks cool or pretty there shouldn't be much problem with it.. we have a mountain dew playermodel that literally turns invisible if you put the right accessories on it but all the sudden anything from an anime is bad? Alrighty then..

Also before you guys snap at people about how stuff is "too big!!!", a lot of people A. are computer literate, but are not computer experts and B. don't have a proper reference of what "low file size" for a player model or map is. A lot of people just don't really pay attention to how big stuff is because it doesn't matter to them if their internet is fast enough to download it quickly and they have space on their computer. Try to look at stuff through other people's shoes :>
Updated Version: My previous post had too many models above 10 MB, so here's a better list of PMs that I think would be good:

Kanna Kamui, 2.7 MB (Suggested before, might as well try again)
2B, 11 MB (I mean c'mon dude, why isn't she already here)
Carrie CSO2, 7.3 MB (Pilot Outfit)
Jill Valentine, 3.4 MB
HK416 Girls Frontline, 9.4 MB
TDA Girl Ribbon Miku, 2.6 MB
TDA Gahata Meiji, 4.6 MB
TDA Yowane Haku, 4.5 MB (I think this would be great to replace Hatsune Miku, since pretty much every single PH server with a point shop uses Hatsune Miku.)
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
I hate the dewrito pack lol, uses 5 of 13 models.

I'll take Reinas lead and make a new list, I'll post links later or you can look at my past replies.

Tekken Kuma panda version.
Claptrap
Monkey cop
Picklas cage
Mabel and Dipper from Gravity Falls  0.824 MB
Wii Fit Trainer  0.575 MB
Cooking Mama  0.098 MB
Worst Nightmare 2.048 MB
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=nightmare

Old Boss 9.313 MB
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...text=snake 

Visas Marr 3.221 MB
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...xt=Nihilus
[Image: ?imw=512&imh=233&ima=fit&imp...erbox=true]
The anime girl note is mostly because of how people like to act weird around a model that has a skirt and take equally weird pictures with. Which many of them are modeled with that in mind it seems…
That and there’s already a bunch with a whole world of things to pick from. Visas marr would be good just don’t unblind the hunter.
Not sure why it’s turn from some shmuck (e.g. me) suggesting not to go with anime girls to a lot of upset feelings. I don’t seem to recall as many !!!! Or people snapping so that’s a little much.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(07-19-2021, 09:35 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: The anime girl note is mostly because of how people like to act weird around a model that has a skirt and take equally weird pictures with. Which many of them are modeled with that in mind it seems…
That and there’s already a bunch with a whole world of things to pick from. Visas marr would be good just don’t unblind the hunter.
Not sure why it’s turn from some shmuck (e.g. me) suggesting not to go with anime girls to a lot of upset feelings. I don’t seem to recall as many !!!! Or people snapping so that’s a little much.
So if a guy says creepy things to a female server member to the point that most people on the server are uncomfy, he gets a verbal warning, but if people say creepy things about a female model (which I personally have never heard but I don't doubt it has happened), the entire genre of that model is limited to a few select models and any other suggestions in that genre are dismissed? I feel like that's major overkill in comparison to how actual people are treated on the server lol.

And before anyone says "just mute them" or something in response to the first part, this comment isn't a complaint about players/treatment on the server, it's a comparison to show how strange this stance on models is.
(07-19-2021, 12:49 PM)Reina Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 09:35 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: The anime girl note is mostly because of how people like to act weird around a model that has a skirt and take equally weird pictures with. Which many of them are modeled with that in mind it seems…
So if a guy says creepy things to a female server member to the point that most people on the server are uncomfy, he gets a verbal warning, but if people say creepy things about a female model (which I personally have never heard but I don't doubt it has happened), the entire genre of that model is limited to a few select models and any other suggestions in that genre are dismissed? I feel like that's major overkill in comparison to how actual people are treated on the server lol.

And before anyone says "just mute them" or something in response to the first part, this comment isn't a complaint about players/treatment on the server, it's a comparison to show how strange this stance on models is.
Army airborne would think twice about making that jump.
I don’t know what the staff allow, it’s likely different then the line I would draw, but one wrong does not mean allow another. Your comparison and it’s assumptions are all over the place. Considering the issues that always seem to follow those models directly or even indirectly with the crowd that appears to draw I say don’t tempt fate. Looking at both ph and murder there. it’s behavior that can be avoided by simply picking models appropriate for a server that already (supposedly) caters to a younger crowd.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(07-19-2021, 01:01 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 12:49 PM)Reina Wrote:

Army airborne would think twice about making that jump.
I don’t know what the staff allow, it’s likely different then the line I would draw, but one wrong does not mean allow another. Your comparison and it’s assumptions are all over the place. Considering the issues that always seem to follow those models directly or even indirectly with the crowd that appears to draw I say don’t tempt fate. Looking at both ph and murder there. it’s behavior that can be avoided by simply picking models appropriate for a server that already (supposedly) caters to a younger crowd.

I'm genuinely confused as to how being creepy towards fake women and being creepy towards real women are incomparable, and how comparing them could be considered a jump and filled with assumptions that are "all over the place".
basically it's probably not a good idea to have little child anime models so as to not fuel pedophilia jokes/actual pedophilia

edit: just to clarify, there's nothing wrong with the models themselves, but considering the recent events on PH alone with abdel, gerbil, and another creature that I'm sure most of the players aren't aware of the existence of, it's better to just not take any chances, especially with something that serious.