Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yes
Neutral cause idrc about the outcome of this app. I just wanted to ask how you expect to be involved with other staff members if you aren't a part of the staff discord, and how you expect to have any trust with other staff members after all that drama.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
(08-29-2021, 12:45 AM)Reina Wrote: Neutral cause idrc about the outcome of this app. I just wanted to ask how you expect to be involved with other staff members if you aren't a part of the staff discord, and how you expect to have any trust with other staff members after all that drama.
Neither of those are an issue for me. I already do occasionally dm whoever to get necessary punishments rolling or info if needed, as do people do to me sometimes. Most of what a trusted does is in-server things anyway, slays and warns, which information of that variety is collected on server, so the biggest thing I'd need is to make ban requests for certain situations, which is normal for a trusted anyway. That's the biggest part I care about for now anyway, is ability to handle problems on the server when they arise.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
-1 you're a good guy but it's only been two months since you appealed your forum ban, I'm all about those redemption arcs but it feels way too soon between getting unbanned and asking for staff
I'm going to go ahead and start of with it's unfair for me to vote, so I won't, but I DO have an important question. When reading your application I came across a concerning line. Maybe it was how it was worded but I took it wrong.

" I want you to know, here and now, that I really and truly believed that it was a good thing I was doing, and I did things in the worst way possible for good reasons."

What is going to prevent these kinds of things from happening again if you got staff? Taking things in your own hands because you disagree on how it was handled, or mishandling stuff rather, because you think its the right thing?
I don't mean silly little mistakes either, we all make those. I'm talking on bigger situations such as this? Do you feel like you've grown and matured enough to realize that level of stuff needs passed up to someone else? If you can't pass it to your current admin confront another person or dink himself? Are you capable of containing yourself on that?
(08-29-2021, 05:56 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: sizenizerp

I have definitely gotten more mature in that regard, I wasn't used to being in group collaborative efforts before, like a staffing team, but since then I think I've gotten to a much better point in understanding that other people are there to  handle certain issues, and I don't have to try to force out doing everything on my own. Like I said, and even within a few weeks after it, I heavily regretted doing it the way I did it. So yes, I would pass it up to someone else, up to a personal confrontation or with Dink if needed, instead of doing it in a way that would cause public drama or let out private conversations. I'm absolutely capable of containing myself on it, I was then as well but I guess at this point I didn't realize just how bad it was. Major learning moment for me from it, so I'm very confident that any issue that would come up that I thought might be even a little over my level, I'd send it to someone else. I can say that with near certainty (won't say definitively, because lord knows  no one can be sure about anything ever).
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
LoL No.
[Image: j3I5q8.jpg]
Hey Rand, we have decided to deny your application at this time. The main reason being that we feel like it is too soon in terms of being able to trust you. The past is obviously an issue and people are more than capable of changing, but the rift is still there. It takes time to repair things like this and I recommend that you keep doing what you're doing and just slowly try and regain the trust of the staff team as a whole. If you were to ever come back, I will go ahead and confirm that there is going to be a stipulation. More than likely resulting in you not being in the staff discord for awhile which in itself is very unproductive, so I don't know what'll happen as that is a discussion for another time. Don't let this discourage you though! You were a good staff member before the post resignation issues. Best of luck to you.

You may reapply 9-29-2021, but I think you should wait longer than that.