Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense
(09-05-2021, 10:41 PM)aethy Wrote: perma ban for mass is flawed

banning for a day for rdm and leave is also flawed
Used to be a week so it's better I guess??? No idea why there's a ban at all
Perma ban for mass rdm is good I think. With the amount of people that still mass rdm and get banned for it decreasing the ban to not be permanent would only increase the amount of people mass RDMing thus ruining the gameplay experience for everyone trying to play the game how it’s meant to be played. My main thought is if they aren’t playing the game how it’s meant to be played then that person does not need to be there. Some may argue saying maybe they don’t know how to play but my counter argument to you would be that you don’t just join a ttt server (or any server) shooting everyone you see. If you don’t know how to play then learn. That’s how I and everyone else did it. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
(09-06-2021, 04:24 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote: Perma ban for mass rdm is good I think. With the amount of people that still mass rdm and get banned for it decreasing the ban to not be permanent would only increase the amount of people mass RDMing thus ruining the gameplay experience for everyone trying to play the game how it’s meant to be played. My main thought is if they aren’t playing the game how it’s meant to be played then that person does not need to be there. Some may argue saying maybe they don’t know how to play but my counter argument to you would be that you don’t just join a ttt server (or any server) shooting everyone you see. If you don’t know how to play then learn. That’s how I and everyone else did it. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

I said this in a few other threads but if you shorten a permaban down to a 6 month ban for mass RDM (A very long ban, but not forever), the guy that got banned for mass RDM is going to get unbanned after 6 months or more and probably not even realize he even mass RDMed on this specific server.

Some people legitimately don't know how to play TTT but a lot of people do it to mess around for laughs as you said.. and I agree with the statement that if they are going to be a disruption and not play the game how it's meant to be played they don't need to be there, but do you really think that whoever that 15 year old kid who thought it would be funny to join a TTT server and get banned on purpose for mass RDM is going to remember a single detail about that 15 minute timewaster he pulled 6 months prior?

A lot of people said the idea with the permaban for mass RDM is so they can appeal, and the ones who don't bother to appeal we don't want in our community. Someone appealing a Mass RDM ban a year after it happened is not going to have any recollection of what the hell they even did to get banned, if they want to get unbanned they're going to just make a forum post saying "uhhh no idea why im banned here but it was like 40 years ago so sorry I guess?" and the admins are all like "lol alrighty." What is even the point of the appeal process at that point if we're making people appeal their bans to the community for doing something so mundane? I would want people to appeal for screaming racial slurs or hacking or something.
Racism should be a much faster set of events. A few years back it was reverted to be *lighter* over the admins heads, backfired, and the admins got it back in place. Since then I believe it’s been deadlocked.

As to mass rdm being a perma I’m tired of seeing this thread. “Until appealed” “Timed dates bad idea” “staff already too lenient” blah blah.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
simple: the rules against racism and homophobia/transphobia are amazingly lenient
I'm honestly fine with mass rdm being permanent. If someone wants to rejoin the server they can appeal. But i do feel the other offenses such as rdm and leave should be shortened.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
(09-07-2021, 08:53 PM)ratty Wrote: simple: the rules against racism and homophobia/transphobia are amazingly lenient
Well that explains a lot tbh. Eitherway this comment isn’t meant to throw shade or anything I just believed tbh part of the reason you have had some regulars get away with slurring so much is cus the racism/homophobia guidelines are too lenient. That’s just my opinion though. Maybe one day that will change because tbh I believe this has drived some players away from dinks ttt in the past.
2 week ban for mass would be great

Also RDM and leave (unless mass + leave) resulting in a ban is pretty stupid considering we have autoslay now, which wasn't a thing when the rule was implemented.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I will personally look into improving the racism and harassment guidelines. As for anything regarding rdm bans/punishments I welcome all suggestions on what you all think would be a good ban length (if any).
I want to give my basic input, as someone who helps handle reports when I'm on. Mass RDM bans are almost exclusive to people who intentionally RDM, have no previous existence or a poor history on the server, AND do so in a manner where they are intentionally trying to cause issues. These bans help lower the active number of trolls that are on the server, but are also avoided most of the time with active members since the members of the community can be rather forgiven. I have not seen anyone with any sort of hours do anything that warrants a mass RDM ban. Nor have I seen anyone who's generally tried to follow the rules and be a part of it get a mass RDM ban. Most of the time, these bans are up to these details.
1. How many people did they kill, or attempt to kill.
2. Did any of these rdm's have any backing, or was the person apologetic about it if they just got trigger happy and over-excited that round. 
3. Has the person caused an issue with the same thing before.
4. Did they stay and offer to serve their punishment, or take off the moment multiple slays are added to try and avoid having to confront the issue. 

I've seen people appeal, and be genuine and get given multiple chances. I've seen far more people not appeal, and only come on ones to kill everyone they can before being put down, and then leave some disgusting remarks in the reports followed by leaving before any punishment can be issued.

If you can show me any evidence to the contrary, I'd be open to take it into consideration with my opinion. But I think that the current punishment system for this offense is valid, and effective. 

-1 for the removal of permaban for mass RDM, maybe +1 for a adjustment of the circumstances that lead to a ban. I think people should be given an option to server their mass in slays, if they seem sincerely apologetic and didn't just run up to every person, detective, and even in some bad cases their T buddies just blind firing at their face.