Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
applying for test mod
i think this is how i do it? id love to be a test mod im willing to go through all the requirements necessary to become one. ive been a donor for sense my 2nd day on the server and have studied the rules and think i would be a good at helping the server im on when a lot of mods aren't on, and i just reached a week on the server. i think most of the other donors and test mods would vogue for me i would just like the extra power to help keep the servers clean
Read this before applying
Hi Todoroki,

The first rank you can apply for is Trusted.  In order for an application to be considered, you need to:
-Create an introduction posted in Introductions on the forums.
-Follow the format listed at the bottom here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/ann....php?aid=1

Note: I've omitted the other requirements I think you've satisfied at this point.
[Image: unknown.png?width=602&height=499]
More to follow.
Hello Todoroki.  As others have said, you need to follow the proper format for an application to be considered.  You need to apply for Trusted first before you even consider T-Mod.  Also, just as another point, on the 11th you were warned by Chelllman for verbal ghosting, which is not becoming for an applicant of a staff position.  Also also, I have found going back through the Discord that you are a repeat offender of backseat staffing when you have been warned and given the guidelines telling you not to do so.  I would recommend more time as a donor as well as rereading the donor guidelines before applying again and work on letting staff do their job on the server when you are on.  From me it's a big -1.  Hopeful to see you in the prop field.
LET ME IN.
[Image: The_Fiend_2.jpg]
So to me at this point this isn't a proper application. No format, sloppily made and you're trying to skip ranks. However, I will answer it like it is an application for the sake of getting you on the right track hopefully because you have a decent amount to learn before you may consider staff IMO.

I've noticed you gagging/muting people. This may sound weird but it's not something I should see considering I'm staff. You're not supposed to extend over staff except for very specific situations and I can say that the times I've witnessed it, it certainly wasn't the time. This has been going on for a while and through multiple occasions between different staff members. You're aggressive with your donor powers. There was a point that even when you were told multiple times to go over the donor guidelines that you were muting and gagging without even so much as a warning. I've heard that you're gagging people over rule #5 on the load in screen. That rule which isn't a rule in it's own states "Have fun". Hwut? I can't even begin to dissect that one so I'm just going to move on from that.

You have previous warnings, specifically one for verbal ghosting. Before you can consider staff you have a decent chunk to work on and you need to put effort into an application to begin with. This is not effort, this isn't even the proper way to make it. Learn how to make ban requests, make an introduction for yourself, go by the formats. We do things for a reason. 

1.) Learn the rules.

2.) Don't overstep staff.

3.) Be helpful to staff rather than making it harder.

4.) Learn how to read situations and how to act on them.

5.) Get involved in the community, the forums and discord. You don't need excessive, you just need to be there.

6.) If things get too rough in lobby (which they will.) ping for staff. It's what the on-call is there for.

Nothing else really comes to the mind right now but I hope that you don't take my reply harshly, I hope that you take my reply and learn upon the things that I've brought up if you truly have intentions of going for staff.

Peace out.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Hi Todoroki,

Ryzif and Matt did mention that since you made an application, you deserve a serious answer besides "You don't have the requirements, therefore -1".
I'm crafting this response to be as constructive as possible, and I hope you see it as such (rather than a personal attack).  You clearly do want to help out the server, and in the future you could eventually join the staff team.  As always, everything I say here can be backed up with evidence.  If you would like me to send you videos, I can certainly do that.  There are some issues that you need to address:

1. Lack of forum knowledge: Ignoring your application for a moment, you posted a donor abuse thread in the PH ban requests without the proper format.  I highly suggest you look at previous donor abuse/PH ban request threads to see how these requests are made.  Simply saying you have evidence isn't enough; we would like you to upload your evidence so that everyone can see it.  This is a simple fix.  Just spend 20 minutes looking at various threads and boom, you understand the forums!

2. Donor command usage: I know for a fact that the donor guidelines have been sent directly to you at least once, and that you have been warned multiple times to read them.  One of the most important things in those guidelines is that you must give staff time to respond to a problem before you take action (there are circumstances where you may act immediately of course).  You have once tried to gag someone who only deserved a warning forcing me to immediately try to ungag them, and once gagged someone after I already gagged them.  After the latter of these two incidents, you said that I was "too fast".  If I wasn't that fast, then you would have overstepped because you would not have waited for staff to act.  You have, on at least one instance (possibly more), kicked AFK people while staff are on.  There are very clear guidelines for staff when we can do this, let alone donors.

Incident 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPGXxhMFIWU , timestamps 1-4 in the description
Incident 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8iB6BgQBiY , timestamps 2-3

2a. Donor command usage when staff are not on the server: I've gotten a number of complaints from various regulars (including staff from other servers) about your donor command usage, specifically when you gag/mute people.  The general consensus is that you are far too strict with what constitutes micspam/chatspam.  As a donor, you need to remember that if you choose to use your commands, you need to have the same level of justification that staff have for using their commands.  Going through the PH relay, sometimes upwards of 50% of the text is just your binds!  Try to watch how staff handle micspam/chatspam.  Overt things like soundboards, racism, etc, we act immediately and issue warnings.  Generally being loud, friendly banter? We try to steer the conversation in a different way.  It's important to know the difference between these two situations.

2b. Donor command usage in general: This gets said a lot but I will reiterate it: donors are not staff.  When trouble arises on the server, you may use your donor powers.  However, you should also ping in the PH discord to see if staff are available to join and deal with the issue.  You should always have justification for when you use your powers, and be able to explain this to staff when they ask.

3. Attitude: I have personally witnessed you get vocally frustrated multiple times on the server.  It is fine to be frustrated, but only when it stays within the rules.  Examples:

3a. We were on Cruce and you were a dead hunter.  A prop came out, turned into a large object near a very new players.  You spent about 30 seconds calling this player stupid for not seeing/shooting the prop near him.  You were clearly frustrated at this player being new at the game.  However, this kind of behavior should not (and will not) be acceptable as a staff member.  New players bring new life to the game; we need to respect that they will need time to learn.  Additionally, telling someone to kill a prop near when you're a dead hunter is a no-no, regardless of how obvious the prop might be.  Additionally, you made fun of their screen name saying "they can't even come up with a normal name".

Incident: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8iB6BgQBiY , timestamp 1

3b. We were on Minimall and I was trying to catch a trio of ghosters.  You ended up dying after you exploded an area, and began complaining that the explosion destroyed everything but the two props.  You continued to ask why they were hiding in the same area, yada yada yada.  I was trying to catch ghosters, but if I had been a hunter on your team, I would have immediately looked for either scortching from an explosive (which lasts quite a while) or looked for your body to get some easy kills.  This is why I issued a ghosting warning in the chat at that time.

Incident: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfMHkudw09k , timestamp 1 (the rest of the timestamps are for the ghosters who got banned).

4. Arguing with staff: @augmENTreality2 has his own experience with you that he can talk about if he wants to.  As for my experience, Koshka and I were on the map underwataa with you, and you were on Koshka's team.  You were hiding in an illegal spot, were warned multiple times by Koshka and other regulars, and Koshka finally teleports you.  Instead of accepting that you were in the wrong, you argued with me about the teleportation rule and about how you didn't see the warnings.  One thing I will say is that staff have final say on the server.  If we say your spot is illegal, then it's illegal for the time being.  If the spot isn't in the !spots list, then it's illegal until higher staff can rule on the legality of the spot. 

Incident: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPGXxhMFIWU , timestamp 39:05 and beyond.

This may seem like a lot, but all of this is fixable.  Understand how the forums work, use your donor powers in a restrained manner,  be quick to help new players and don't let your annoyance get the better of you, and always defer to staff when staff are on.  If you have an issue with staff, then take it to the forums and don't argue with them on the server.
I have to give you a -1 on your application for now, but that may change in the future. 

To anyone reading this, if you would like me to link the various youtube videos for the incidents mentioned above, please let me know.
I mean honestly, there's not much more to reiterate. Also I've had ONE experience with you myself, only one time we've played together and it was the same as above. You are too harsh, you over step heavily, and enforced rules that weren't even there.
Take what Chell said, learn from it, be a better donor. Overstepping is going to lead to nothing other than your donor removal.

I have been very dead in prop hunt over the last year, but recently have been playing again. Unfortunately in the few times I have played, I've been on with you and seen several issues that definitely need addressed before you consider applying again. 

On a couple of occasions I have seen you use "!gag/!ungag r", affecting about half the server in doing so. 
See here and:
Here
While I do understand that people make mistakes, you've done this more than once, showing that you did not learn from your mistake. When gagging someone you typically want to use at least 3 characters in the name to avoid this. You can also use the menu by typing !xgui to target specific players which is useful if they have special characters in their name.

I've also seen you tell other donors to "confirm with you" before using commands, which you don't even do when actual STAFF are on with you. Donors do not need to report to other donors, no matter the tenure of either donor.
[Image: image0.png]
In fact, you should be reporting to STAFF, if you need to use your powers before we can respond to a ping. Not sure if you are in the Dinkleberg's discord yet, but I would recommend joining before applying again, as it is highly encouraged, and allows you to ping us when there are troublemakers about. Link to the discord.

The other day I was on, and there was a kid who sang one line of a song (which is okay by our rules), but was immediately gagged by you, seconds after putting your micspam bind in the chat. He then left the server entirely, which is something we try to avoid. I had a couple of problems with this interaction, as I, a staff member was on. When staff are on, you should avoid using your commands, and instead use @ before a message in game to get in contact with staff currently in game. The other issue is that when I addressed this, you wanted to argue with me about it, and got quite aggressive because I corrected you. Not very becoming of someone wanting to join the staff team. Also just did a little research based on something you said while arguing about it, that you warned that person before, and they changed their name. The incident between me and you occurred Oct 10th, but the player you gagged hasn't changed their steam name since September 15th. 

You told me in that interaction that you've read the donor guidelines. I know that you have been sent the guidelines on more than one occasion, both from staff and other donors trying to help you understand the significance of your actions. Just in case you've lost that link, here they are again. One of the things covered in the guidelines is kicking players as seen here:
[Image: unknown.png]
Here we see that you have kicked a player with NO reason attached. You also kicked them via scoreboard, which is discouraged, as you cannot put a reason. Again, a useful time for !xgui as this allows you to target the specific player and type a reason before any action is taken. 

Another interaction that I observed was you gagging two players who were playfully arguing, while staff were on and had deemed that the two players were joking and chose not to gag them. This situation is covered in the guidelines you have "read" here:

After writing this, I almost feel as if I am making a donor abuse report rather than a response to a staff application. On several occasions, you've overstepped staff, made other donors question the validity of your actions, and all around seem to not understand the donor guidelines. I would recommend waiting quite a while before putting forth another application, and reading the "Read this before applying" thread as you would see that before applying for Test mod, you would be applying for Trusted. As others have mentioned, there is a format to follow, covered in the aforementioned thread. 
[Image: ban_2.png]
[Image: aug_kick_2.png]
Hey, I think people have given you an immense amount of feedback. I'd like to to reinforce the fact that you are really over the top with your power given to you by donating. On top of you overstepping on staff, you seem to have a "inflated sense of self importance" by ungagging people that other donors have gagged because you wanted the ungag or you felt it wasn't handled right in "the correct way". This has happened twice that I can recall, and honestly it's annoying. (Staff reading please keep in mind, it was not him ungagging players immediately after being gagged, but near the end of their one round timer. Or in another case, ungagging a map gagged player.) I've never been a staff member here for personal differences between how I feel I would be taken, but this image you have created from my perspective isn't fit for staff unless you completely change your mindset on how you handle things. Very few people can change their mindset, let alone for a staff position on a Garry's Mod server.

I don't support you becoming staff at this point. If this image of you continues my answer will stay the same. -1

Please surprise me and come around and show me I'm wrong, it would do nothing but make me proud. Am I sure goes for anyone with a review here. I'm sure they'd love to see you succeed and be part of the team here.
[Image: DJ7hsWH.jpg]