Trusted Application
Ingame Name§5kkdcquick 

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:228851056

Time Played: 289 hours

When First Joined: May 24, 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 5 - 11 PM EST

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor/Regular

What can you do to help the community?: I can help the community by keeping the server issue free. This includes mic spam, hacking, ghosting, and trolling. I really enjoy playing on this server but I see a lot of people team switching and hiding in illegal spots and its just a really confusing situation because donors cant really do anything about it. Another issue with that is that people just don't really listen to donors when it comes to that stuff. I am a pretty active player and I just have a strong desire to help the server with staffing. Another thing is ghosting and hacking. I would be able to go into spectator mode on the occasion that the ghoster/hacker is not on my team. I find myself in that situation because I am not able to team switch. This is why I think that with the trusted rank, I can do a lot more things to help with the server.

Why do you want to help the community?: I want to help the community because the people that play on this server are really cool people and this is the first server on gmod that I actually enjoyed playing. The community of regulars on this server are always so nice and helpful and great players. This motivates me to help keep the servers clean and hacking/ghosting free.

Have you previously been banned?: Yes, I got banned for a day for trolling because I was just being really immature and was straight up just trying to be funny. I realize now that it was wrong to say that in this server and now I realize that I would rather help the server.

Have you previously applied for staff?: I have not.

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Yes, I do.

How did you find us?: I found this server simply because this was the prop hunt server with the most players at the time. I had downloaded Garry's Mod after not playing it in awhile and i wanted to try out prop hunt. I really enjoyed playing on this server and i liked the community.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!
Ayo Kkd. 

This is a weird one so I'll start by addressing a couple things. First of all, I think you've been rather helpful as of late with ban requests and communicating with staff over existing issues or possible ghosters. You're helping rather than hurting the cause like some people tend to do. I will say that the ban is going to be considered when looking at this application of course. For those who are curious about the specific ban, the request is right here. I can't say I've really had any issues out of you as of late and this ban was a little over two months ago so there has certainly been time to better your behavior. That which has of course been noticed. Considering how you were acting during the ban request vs now, you're doing a lot better. Not super sure if you should be staff yet though. 

Secondly let's get talking about spectator. It is a useful tool when used at the right times and if people don't pay attention. However, most of the time people have eyes and when they see you jump in spec, they're more likely to stop what they're doing whether it is ghosting or hacking. The best approach to going in spec is to enter the game and go there for a second while you examine the situation. Although it can be a helpful tool in your goals of gathering evidence, it's not the only reliable thing at your disposal. It's not going to be your sole tool for catching people and it shouldn't be seen as such. More than likely if you're in spec, it's because the lobby is too busy with trolls and such to even focus on playing. (It does reach that point at times, especially when you're new to it.) I had a small thought about spec resembling this when I first applied. I can understand why you would think about it this way, it does seem like a neat bar at times.

Third. I know you have a decent chunk of friends on server. When someone becomes staff and is required to enforce rules, this includes everyone. Your friends as well. One thing that must be known is can you equally punish your friends if they're breaking rules? Maybe if you're staff and they're using commands over you? Would you provide evidence towards banning them if you truly needed to? Just some questions that would probably be good to answer considering it does suck to punish your friends but everyone must go by the rules. No one is exempt. I think that's really all that crosses my mind at this moment in time. Personally I'm neutral at this moment in time considering the ban request. Yes it was two months ago but considering some of those comments, a little more time wouldn't hurt. I'm not truly against it and I'm not truly for it at the moment.  With this continued behavior and help you would definitely have my vote at a later date.

Peace out and good luck.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
(10-28-2021, 01:58 AM)Ryzif Wrote: Ayo Kkd. 

This is a weird one so I'll start by addressing a couple things. First of all, I think you've been rather helpful as of late with ban requests and communicating with staff over existing issues or possible ghosters. You're helping rather than hurting the cause like some people tend to do. I will say that the ban is going to be considered when looking at this application of course. For those who are curious about the specific ban, the request is right here. I can't say I've really had any issues out of you as of late and this ban was a little over two months ago so there has certainly been time to better your behavior. That which has of course been noticed. Considering how you were acting during the ban request vs now, you're doing a lot better. Not super sure if you should be staff yet though. 

Secondly let's get talking about spectator. It is a useful tool when used at the right times and if people don't pay attention. However, most of the time people have eyes and when they see you jump in spec, they're more likely to stop what they're doing whether it is ghosting or hacking. The best approach to going in spec is to enter the game and go there for a second while you examine the situation. Although it can be a helpful tool in your goals of gathering evidence, it's not the only reliable thing at your disposal. It's not going to be your sole tool for catching people and it shouldn't be seen as such. More than likely if you're in spec, it's because the lobby is too busy with trolls and such to even focus on playing. (It does reach that point at times, especially when you're new to it.) I had a small thought about spec resembling this when I first applied. I can understand why you would think about it this way, it does seem like a neat bar at times.

Third. I know you have a decent chunk of friends on server. When someone becomes staff and is required to enforce rules, this includes everyone. Your friends as well. One thing that must be known is can you equally punish your friends if they're breaking rules? Maybe if you're staff and they're using commands over you? Would you provide evidence towards banning them if you truly needed to? Just some questions that would probably be good to answer considering it does suck to punish your friends but everyone must go by the rules. No one is exempt. I think that's really all that crosses my mind at this moment in time. Personally I'm neutral at this moment in time considering the ban request. Yes it was two months ago but considering some of those comments, a little more time wouldn't hurt. I'm not truly against it and I'm not truly for it at the moment.  With this continued behavior and help you would definitely have my vote at a later date.

Peace out and good luck.
This is a weird one so I'll start by addressing a couple things. First of all, I think you've been rather helpful as of late with ban requests and communicating with staff over existing issues or possible ghosters. You're helping rather than hurting the cause like some people tend to do. I will say that the ban is going to be considered when looking at this application of course. For those who are curious about the specific ban, the request is right here. I can't say I've really had any issues out of you as of late and this ban was a little over two months ago so there has certainly been time to better your behavior. That which has of course been noticed. Considering how you were acting during the ban request vs now, you're doing a lot better. Not super sure if you should be staff yet though. 

Like I said I was just really immature at that time and I’ve grown since then and I only want to grow more. I realized after I got banned that I really enjoyed the community in this server and I did not want to get banned again. I wanted to change myself for the better. So I bought donor and changed my attitude completely. Now that I have seen how tough it is moderating the vc and chat, and I have a lot of respect for you, other staff, and donors. I have personally seen a lot of donors and staff getting attacked and even I have gotten harassed by trolls and I realize how wrong I was in that situation.

Secondly let's get talking about spectator. It is a useful tool when used at the right times and if people don't pay attention. However, most of the time people have eyes and when they see you jump in spec, they're more likely to stop what they're doing whether it is ghosting or hacking. The best approach to going in spec is to enter the game and go there for a second while you examine the situation. Although it can be a helpful tool in your goals of gathering evidence, it's not the only reliable thing at your disposal. It's not going to be your sole tool for catching people and it shouldn't be seen as such. More than likely if you're in spec, it's because the lobby is too busy with trolls and such to even focus on playing. (It does reach that point at times, especially when you're new to it.) I had a small thought about spec resembling this when I first applied. I can understand why you would think about it this way, it does seem like a neat bar 

I understand this completely now and this logic makes a lot of sense to me. I have actually seen this happen before where someone would jump into spectator and would say how they weren’t able to make a full request because the hacker or ghoster had stopped doing what they were doing. I seem to enjoy moderating the server within the commands of donor, but having the trusted rank and the perks that come with it would be nice. I will keep this paragraph in mind if this application is accepted.

Third. I know you have a decent chunk of friends on server. When someone becomes staff and is required to enforce rules, this includes everyone. Your friends as well. One thing that must be known is can you equally punish your friends if they're breaking rules? Maybe if you're staff and they're using commands over you? Would you provide evidence towards banning them if you truly needed to? Just some questions that would probably be good to answer considering it does suck to punish your friends but everyone must go by the rules. No one is exempt. I think that's really all that crosses my mind at this moment in time. Personally I'm neutral at this moment in time considering the ban request. Yes it was two months ago but considering some of those comments, a little more time wouldn't hurt. I'm not truly against it and I'm not truly for it at the moment.  With this continued behavior and help you would definitely have my vote at a later date.

I think that I am able to equally punish my friends and the people I that I like playing with. It is obviously not something I would enjoy but I understand that it is very necessary to enforce the rules to everyone. If it comes to a point where they are breaking a lot of rules and overstepping, I will absolutely gather evidence to make a ban request, considering a lot of my friends on the server know the rules. I fully understand your concern, thank you for your response Ryzif.
Hi kkdcquick,

I'm not surprised you're applying for staff (primarily since you told me you would apply).  I predict that your staff app is going to lead to much debate by the current staff team.
I do have several comments/questions for you.

Ban
Let's talk about your ban.  Star banned you and two others for 3 days for trolling.  For those of you reading this who do not have the time to watch the videos in the ban request Ryzif linked, I have gone through each video and marked the timestamps where kkdcquick makes a chat comment (since they do not use their mic).  You can find these timestamps at the bottom of my response.  At the time of the ban request, you were relatively new to the server and didn't really understand the rules.  That being said, your comments definitely crossed a line.  It is also important to note that some of your comments were sexual in nature towards a member of our community (who also happens to be staff now).  The ban request was only 2.5 months ago, so the biggest question staff will be debating is as follows: "Is 2.5 months of good behavior enough/not enough time?"

Current Behavior
All of this being said, I have had zero issues with you since your ban expired.  You have followed the rules, you ping staff when necessary, and you record bad actors on the server.  From the 7 ban requests you have, it's clear you have looked at ban requests others have made to learn the threshold for proof to get someone banned.  When I join a server, I'm often bombarded with comments in the admin chat about bad actors, and your name has not come up once.  Additionally, I know that you have been watching how I staff as a way to learn, and I think that has been very proactive on your part.

Before I ask my questions, I have this to say to staff reading this: we have seen some pretty amazing redemption arcs by members of the Dinkleberg's community, some of who are now valued members of the staff teams.  I do believe that kkdcquick could eventually make an excellent addition to the PH staff team.  Whether now is the time or not is up for discussion.

Here are my questions:
1. If you are accepted to the PH staff team, will you keep everything in the staff discord confidential?  You will be asked by both friends/regulars about staff PH stuff.  You cannot divulge anything.  Do you believe you can "tell off" the people asking you to break confidentiality?
2. Do you believe that you can rise to be extremely assertive when needed?  As staff, you have final say over certain topics that may/will come up on the server.  Sometimes we need to let it be known that certain topics are absolutely (and immediately) off limits.

I will respond with my answer after your reply.

Ban Video + Timestamps:
https://youtu.be/dlQ4fw7UjFI
3:03, 3:27, 4:33, 5:00, 5:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQMaYgTPlD4
0:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjrYAyNBbXk
0:28, 0:48, 1:25, 2:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2eh23e8Q4A
0:45, 1:04, 1:52
Hey Quick,

So first; thanks for using the proper format for your application; it is much appreciated and very helpful. 

Now let just get this out of the way: your ban.

Yeesh, talk about a rough start, am I right? I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this but Quick actually apologized to me a week or so ago, or it could have been longer, time is weird. At the time I didn't realize which ban and night he was talking about because I've put in a handful of ban requests so far... But now that I've refreshed my memory I understand the debate on your application. I also had no idea he was interested in becoming staff so I'm not sure if the apology was genuine or based on his future application submission. 

The subjects on what you describe as "trolling" are pretty bad, my dude. When I rewatched the videos and saw the things that you were saying, I was very shocked because you don't act like this person anymore which is a great thing. But, that being said, 2.5 months isn't a long time, at all. I've seen you become a great remember of this community and I hope you continue to be a part of it and grow. 

I really would like to see your answers to the other questions that have been posted. I also think you should review your own ban and let us know how you would have dealt with the situation that you were a part of but as a staff member. I really want to know what you've learned so far as a donor and an actual member of our community. 

This is not a no to this application. 
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif] 
[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
(10-28-2021, 02:12 PM)chelllman Wrote: Here are my questions:
1. If you are accepted to the PH staff team, will you keep everything in the staff discord confidential?  You will be asked by both friends/regulars about staff PH stuff.  You cannot divulge anything.  Do you believe you can "tell off" the people asking you to break confidentiality?
2. Do you believe that you can rise to be extremely assertive when needed?  As staff, you have final say over certain topics that may/will come up on the server.  Sometimes we need to let it be known that certain topics are absolutely (and immediately) off limits.

I will respond with my answer after your reply.
1. If you are accepted to the PH staff team, will you keep everything in the staff discord confidential?  You will be asked by both friends/regulars about staff PH stuff.  You cannot divulge anything.  Do you believe you can "tell off" the people asking you to break confidentiality?

I will keep everything confidential if I am accepted. I understand that a lot of the topics discussed in the discord is meant for staff and staff only. I think that I am very good at keeping things that other people shouldn’t know to myself even when it comes to people that I trust and am friends with. I don’t like sharing information about things that concern me or other people as it is.

I do believe that I can be confident with my actions. The only thing I have trouble with is when people walk right up to the line without crossing it. This includes when people make sudden noises every once and awhile, talking about things that aren’t socially acceptable(but aren’t technically in the rules), and/or disrespecting other people. Other than those rare situations I can be very confident with my actions.

Thank you for your response Chelllman.

(10-28-2021, 03:20 PM)Zom13ae Wrote:
Yeesh, talk about a rough start, am I right? I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this but Quick actually apologized to me a week or so ago, or it could have been longer, time is weird. At the time I didn't realize which ban and night he was talking about because I've put in a handful of ban requests so far... But now that I've refreshed my memory I understand the debate on your application. I also had no idea he was interested in becoming staff so I'm not sure if the apology was genuine or based on his future application submission. 

The subjects on what you describe as "trolling" are pretty bad, my dude. When I rewatched the videos and saw the things that you were saying, I was very shocked because you don't act like this person anymore which is a great thing. But, that being said, 2.5 months isn't a long time, at all. I've seen you become a great remember of this community and I hope you continue to be a part of it and grow. 

I really would like to see your answers to the other questions that have been posted. I also think you should review your own ban and let us know how you would have dealt with the situation that you were a part of but as a staff member. I really want to know what you've learned so far as a donor and an actual member of our community. 

This is not a no to this application. 
Yeesh, talk about a rough start, am I right? I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this but Quick actually apologized to me a week or so ago, or it could have been longer, time is weird. At the time I didn't realize which ban and night he was talking about because I've put in a handful of ban requests so far... But now that I've refreshed my memory I understand the debate on your application. I also had no idea he was interested in becoming staff so I'm not sure if the apology was genuine or based on his future application submission

Actually, when I was looking into applying and researching certain things I had remembered that you had made that ban request on me. I apologized because I had looked into the ban request and was genuinely sorry for what I had said, and I was just really embarrassed that I acted that way.

I personally would have done just about the same thing you did, started recording and gathering evidence for a ban request. Although after gathering enough evidence I would have either pinged staff or kicked. My actions were pretty unacceptable and I fully understand that.

Thank you for your response Zom13ae.
For this app I'm a -1

I still firmly believe that anyone who was banned within 3 months of an application should be denied, however I will state that if your behavior continues to be positive along with more activity in discord/forums I can see myself possibly giving you a +1 on your next application. 

Best of luck
I think you're responses to the questions are acceptable and it shows how much you've grown the last few months. But TRIANGLE* (sorry) does have a point, you were banned only a couple of months ago and I feel like going from being banned to Trusted that fast isn't the best choice at this time.

In my opinion, it would be best to wait a bit longer but if you keep helping out and being positive in the community I think you should reapply in a few more months. Don't let this discourage you from being a part of the server or applying yourself as a donor, your help is always welcomed.

[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif] 
[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
This has been a very difficult application for me to come to a conclusion on.  Before I get to my answer, I'd first like to say thank you kkdc for putting yourself out there with your staff application.  Staff applications are oddly vulnerable.  Not everyone has the courage to put themselves out there potentially to be blasted by the community.

For your application, I am giving you a +0/+0.5 (aka, I want you to be on the staff team, but in a month or two).  I know that I said I would give you a +1 when we discussed you making a staff app about 3 week ago, but that was before I knew the nature of your previous ban.  Other members of the PH staff team have brought up their concerns, and I believe that their concerns are justified.  Please do not see this as an attack on yourself/your character.  From everything I've seen over the last 2 months since your ban, you really have made a great effort to be a positive addition to the PH community.

Here is what I propose: continue playing on the server, keeping your positive attitude, making ban requests, asking staff questions about various situations, etc.  Essentially, keep doing what you've been doing these last 2.5 months.  If you continue to do this without any issues for 1 more month, then I will wholeheartedly give you a +1 on your next staff application in 1-1.5 months.  I must note that there is precedence for this as well.  Applications in the past have been denied with single/double month conditions to gain a +1 from the majority of staff members.

I think if you continue what you've been doing the last 2.5 months for a little longer, you stand a really strong chance of getting promoted to Trusted.
Thank you for applying, however at this time, we believe it would be best to deny you at this time. You have received good critique on how to improve to have people and fellow staff feel comfortable with you in a staff role. The potential is clearly there which is why I was glad to see you apply in the first place. I want you to apply what others have said here to what you already do moving forward and apply for staff again in a month or two.

The earliest you may reapply is December 3, 2021.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army