Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue November
In-game Name: August

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:55682290

Time Played: 329 hours on server

When First Joined: First joined the community in May 2018. First joined Murder in December 2019.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): At the moment due to some life changes, I'm available pretty much any time for now.

Rank Desired: Test Mod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community: I've been playing Garry's Mod for almost a decade and spent most of it staffing one server or another, from TTT to PH, Deathrun, and now Murder. I have Admin and Mod experience from those past communities, so I know the commands well, I know the mechanics of the game very well, and I know how to hold my own. I've worked in customer service for a long time, so I know how to handle people when they get a little too rowdy and out of control. I know when to give chances, but also when to lay down the law.

Why you want to help the community: I know this community has had its ups and downs, but it's a good place with good people. I've been there through some of the worst of it the last couple years and I'm proud of what we've done with the server so far. All I want to do is help it along even further and hopefully breathe a bit more life back into it. I care about this community a ton and all I want to do is give back however I can.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Never (aside from a Nuru or Norm joke ban, the nerds)

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=12564

How did you find us?: First found the community after the death of the SONA community in 2018. many of us migrated over here

Other: If anything, the biggest hang-up people might have for me is that I recently came back from a long hiatus a little over a month ago. I had departed early this year to focus on life and my relationship with my now ex-girlfriend. As you can see, things had changed there, so I have returned and I plan to stay for quite a while. I'm proud of how much the community has improved since I departed and how things have been handled since I've come back.

The only other hang-up may be daily activity, but it's murder, and it's dead 90% of the time, so please take that with a grain of salt.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
Ayo August!

So unfortunately I don't think I've ever played in Murder with you at the same time. I probably shouldn't be voting in this case. I do have experience with you in PH and I have to say you've been super helpful with ban requests, pings and just getting most of the baddies out with proper evidence. I think if anything about your helpfulness in PH corresponds to you in how you handle Murder then I think you would be a great pick for moving up. Once again I am not qualified to vote here I am simply commenting to what I have witnessed. I think one of the things that might hinder you this time around is recently coming back from a decent chunk of a break but I think if that was looked past you would be a great candidate for moving up man. 

Can't vote but good luck!
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
I normally try to not comment on apps of any kind but the way you've handled many situations publicly throughout your entire time here has been commendable and I look forward to seeing how this goes. Good luck.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(11-19-2021, 10:41 AM)Battons Wrote: I normally try to not comment on apps of any kind but the way you've handled many situations publicly throughout your entire time here has been commendable and I look forward to seeing how this goes. Good luck.

Thanks bud, I appreciate it! We've definitely seen our fair share of issues that went public as a community, and with murder alone in the last couple years, but I'm proud of how they were handled.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
August is a big bully and nuru is short 

August has been helping the server grow for a long time,I don't think there have been any concerns for me  since we applied for staff around the same time last year.He always keeps fair enjoyable for everyone also he has wonderful communication skills and is easy to talk to.Also I don't even wanna talk about coming from dead we all  all have jobs, activities, family
etc.

+1 (Good luck but you don't really need it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I’ve played a bit of Murder and my impression of August is he’s mature, staffs well, and is chill to talk to. I think he’d be a good fit for TMod, and I just don’t see any reason why not to give the man his promotion.

+1
I would never think that you should be T-Mod. I KNOW you should be T-Mod. I've been on the server with you on more often than not and you know what you're doing. You know how to control situations and communicate to people. You are so quick with your responses to rule breakers. I'm excited to see what the future holds for you in the server.

+1 from me for sure
I don't play murder but you are the person I see around the most from the murder server (other than norm I guess but I know him from prophunt more so doesnt count). You are always professional and I have a good outlook on you. +1
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
I know it is not my place to comment in terms of murder. I understand this.

In terms of Garry's mod and in terms of interacting with people, both August and Ryzif are the people I look at to see what I should emulate.

August is knowledgeable about the server rules, knows how to show mercy, knows when to set the foot down, and overall, can listen. August is possibly one of the nicest guys I have met on this server aside from ryzif. (that being said, I need to meet more of you all so).

godspeed August.

+1

edit: i for one, welcome a new corporate overlord.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(11-20-2021, 02:39 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: I know it is not my place to comment in terms of murder. I understand this.
I want to make it clear, no matter WHAT SERVER YOU ARE FROM, opinions are needed and welcome! Never fear commenting. IF you have something you want to say, feel free to say it. Not only myself, but the murder team welcome opinions. We're an open minded group. I don't care if you've never even played murder, you can comment on someones character just from how they act in discord/forums etc. 
Thank you for commenting. :)

I'll be closing this in two more days so mini bump with this as well.

also u suk aug :^ )