Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foxka forced me for some reason
(01-01-2022, 08:40 PM)Zom13ae Wrote: Okay...

I think you do try to do your best to help out and you have done a pretty decent job with helping staff. You've done a few ban requests and some of those didn't have enough to stick but that's fine and it happens.

There are a few people who say you help out a lot and communicate with them, but I don't see that very often when we are on together. I like to base my application remarks on my personal experiences and I don't feel like the communication is there. There has also been a few times where you've overstepped and talked over me while I was on. I'm pretty sure you even told some players "if you have questions ask me" that's not your job, if a staff member is on they're there to do that type of thing while you as a donor/player can enjoy the game and not have to worry about things like that. While I understand your urge to do as much and help as much as possible, especially when you're about to put in an application, donors are not staff. There is a fine line when it comes to wanting to help as a donor and overstepping your role.

I think working on your communication and examining how you use your donor abilities to help is something you need to take a step back and really look at.

The other issue that I want to touch on is how you've used your time on the server. You've been playing off and on this server for almost a year, that's great, but it took you a while to decide to become staff. It also seems that you've started to make a ban request for only about a month and within that month you've done 6... It's a good start but I'm not sure it's enough time and practice to become staff. It's important that you but in that effort to make ban requests and make sure you have the correct amount of evidence for them to stick as I stated previously. 

At this point, I think you need a bit more time as a donor and to really show some effort in how you collect evidence and make ban requests.

- Work on communication
- How you use your donor abilities
- Make ban requests

If you continue to be involved and work on these things I think you'll be a great staff member, for now, my vote will be neutral.
Hey Zom

Okay so you mention about me not communicating with you but you know I have done this in occasions when you come up in lobby through PM or Voice chat(i.e.  Yesterday when I gave you a bit of context through PM about a situation where players were bullying another.  Or on one of your recent ban request about a punishment evader where you even made a time stamp about when I explained about what happened when you weren't there)
Probably I'm not too fond of communicating as much as before about situations in lobby is because a few weeks ago(probably already a month) you told me that I was "impersonating staff" which had me confused probably because of my usage of binds, but I ask you how come and I never received a concrete answer.  So now I step back with you 2 times as much as I do with other staff.
Yes, you are correct about me being here for almost a year.  But I wasn't as active as I am now(by that time I was probably on like 4 to 5 times a month for around 2 maps at most) and for that reason most of the older players may not even remember me.
I only have 6 ban requests(with one of them failing at the moment) is because around the time I play theres not many issues of ghosters, hackers or mic spammers. In fact it almost never even happen. 
Also you are most likely correct on me telling players to ask me questions if needed, but that is when they as about how to play the game(i.e. how to I open doors? how do I choose a team? how do I like rotation?) because I believe this is something any player can do even a user and I do not believe is something for only staff.  Now in cases when theres ghosters/hackers/harrassments/mic spam then I do not intervene since this is a situation outside of question about gameplay.
But thank you for your reply and see you in PH
[Image: unknown.png]
(01-02-2022, 12:36 PM)[test]Wilfry Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 08:40 PM)Zom13ae Wrote: Okay...

I think you do try to do your best to help out and you have done a pretty decent job with helping staff. You've done a few ban requests and some of those didn't have enough to stick but that's fine and it happens.

There are a few people who say you help out a lot and communicate with them, but I don't see that very often when we are on together. I like to base my application remarks on my personal experiences and I don't feel like the communication is there. There has also been a few times where you've overstepped and talked over me while I was on. I'm pretty sure you even told some players "if you have questions ask me" that's not your job, if a staff member is on they're there to do that type of thing while you as a donor/player can enjoy the game and not have to worry about things like that. While I understand your urge to do as much and help as much as possible, especially when you're about to put in an application, donors are not staff. There is a fine line when it comes to wanting to help as a donor and overstepping your role.

I think working on your communication and examining how you use your donor abilities to help is something you need to take a step back and really look at.

The other issue that I want to touch on is how you've used your time on the server. You've been playing off and on this server for almost a year, that's great, but it took you a while to decide to become staff. It also seems that you've started to make a ban request for only about a month and within that month you've done 6... It's a good start but I'm not sure it's enough time and practice to become staff. It's important that you but in that effort to make ban requests and make sure you have the correct amount of evidence for them to stick as I stated previously. 

At this point, I think you need a bit more time as a donor and to really show some effort in how you collect evidence and make ban requests.

- Work on communication
- How you use your donor abilities
- Make ban requests

If you continue to be involved and work on these things I think you'll be a great staff member, for now, my vote will be neutral.
Hey Zom

Okay so you mention about me not communicating with you but you know I have done this in occasions when you come up in lobby through PM or Voice chat(i.e.  Yesterday when I gave you a bit of context through PM about a situation where players were bullying another.  Or on one of your recent ban request about a punishment evader where you even made a time stamp about when I explained about what happened when you weren't there)
Probably I'm not too fond of communicating as much as before about situations in lobby is because a few weeks ago(probably already a month) you told me that I was "impersonating staff" which had me confused probably because of my usage of binds, but I ask you how come and I never received a concrete answer.  So now I step back with you 2 times as much as I do with other staff.
Yes, you are correct about me being here for almost a year.  But I wasn't as active as I am now(by that time I was probably on like 4 to 5 times a month for around 2 maps at most) and for that reason most of the older players may not even remember me.
I only have 6 ban requests(with one of them failing at the moment) is because around the time I play theres not many issues of ghosters, hackers or mic spammers. In fact it almost never even happen. 
Also you are most likely correct on me telling players to ask me questions if needed, but that is when they as about how to play the game(i.e. how to I open doors? how do I choose a team? how do I like rotation?) because I believe this is something any player can do even a user and I do not believe is something for only staff.  Now in cases when theres ghosters/hackers/harrassments/mic spam then I do not intervene since this is a situation outside of question about gameplay.
But thank you for your reply and see you in PH

> These examples you used to show how you communicate are great. When I'm saying you need to work on your communication I don't mean you don't at all communicate just that you should do it more frequently with all staff members. When you put your application up the response from a few staff members was "Yeah, wilfry has sent me all these and is helpful, etc." I personally, can't say this, and I wish I could.

> From what I recall I've only had to deal with two people having to impersonate staff; one had changed their name to something very similar to a staff member's name and when asked had changed with very little issue, and the other was to troll and harass a staff member. As to issues with binds the only instance where binds could be a problem is when they are spammed, so if you were spamming them you might have been asked not to. There was a bit of time were several donors were told to calm down about the bind spam as well, which was discussed with staff members on how to handle it.

> The specific event I mentioned was either this past week or the one before, I believe. I've been trying to find the recording of it to give a better example but haven't had any luck. From memory; a new player was asking questions; I was trying to respond to but was talked over by you and several players. It's absolutely fine to help other players but it's pretty frustrating when staff is on and can't communicate clearly with others talking over them, especially when half the lobby is saying "Alt f4" 75% of the time. This is an example as too when to take a step back so staff can give the correct information and not overstep.

I still think you should work on your communication and give it a bit more time as a donor before moving onward. This is not at all a negative review, you can be a very positive and nice addition to staff in the future, I'm still giving this a neutral vote.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif] 
[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
I believe that I've got the most interaction with Wilfry out of all staff.
As I've described to staff, Wilfry has messaged me a lot on discord asking questions about illegal spots, names, and protocols.  Additionally, he has sent me evidence on multiple occasions about individuals on the server that were causing problems.  Furthermore, nearly every time I join the server, he messages me explaining any problems that have occurred on the server.
In terms of "donor staff" (WHICH IS NOT A THING TO THOSE READING), Wilfry is one of the most helpful donors (in my opinion).  I think he would do well as a trusted (with appropriate training of course).

+1
i have only ever had some good times on the server with this man. I see him on pretty much all the time I'm on, he's kind, nice, and helpful to those that ask questions. he makes jokes and interacts with others on. he follows guidelines for gags/mutes and works really well as a donor IMO.

it a big fat +1 from me for this man

good luck man! <3
#1 fofab & duke hater  simp
[Image: PijgKQR.png]
This is a bump before a final decision is made.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I think that, with a little bit more time and experience, you would be a great addition to the trusted peeps. 

I'm gonna go with neutral for now.
This application is denied however we would like you to apply again in the future. This is the first application in a long time where we were overall indecisive. Those voting for you had valid points and the same goes for those voting against you. We believe the best thing to do now is wait and have you try again. We like how you ask questions, put in ban requests and have good time on the server. Make sure to remain decisive and treat everyone equally and you will have better luck next time.

The earliest you may apply is February 9, 2022.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army