Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This One's a Little Early (Staff App)
Ingame Name: Damien

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:221473561
Discord Tag: dame#2156

Time Played: Over 6 weeks and 1 day.

When First Joined: 1/1/20

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): from like Noon onwards (PST)

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: I can use my knowledge of the rules (And staff discretion) to award rdmers slays and micspammers gags/warns. I can also make ban requests for the really bad rule breakers.

Why you want to help the community: I love playing TTT to be 100% honest. Even though I'm hot ass at it it's my favorite gmod gamemode. I love this community as well, through all of the bad things it's gone through it's one of the most tight-knit communities I've ever been in video game-wise. I want the rdmers slain and the racists and micspammers gagged.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): It's all joke bans but I have like 6 bans.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 /

How did you find us?: Scrolling during the ball drop on new years eve (my time)

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes I have.

Other: Any and all criticism is valid, all questions will be answered if possible.
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
Good Morning Damien

Thankyou for your application.

Just 2 questions from me before I can properly evaluate if you are suited for the position of TTT Trusted.

1) What's changed since https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=15434 ?

2) How do you think you have been on the server since your resignation? (Noting that all previously denied staff apps before staff were for behaviour issues)

Regards
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Helper
Head of Night Staff
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
(01-14-2022, 05:59 AM)KaptainLes Wrote: 1) What's changed since https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=15434 ?

2) How do you think you have been on the server since your resignation? (Noting that all previously denied staff apps before staff were for behaviour issues)
1. I've grown to realize that I shouldn't let people who shamelessly put me down dictate my love for staffing/the community. The whole reason I fell out of love with it was because of this issue and I have learned to change this about me. 

2. I feel like I've been acting just fine in my opinion. I don't get angry like I used to and keep telling myself that trolls are trolls regardless of the things they do/say.
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
Damien, I think you handled being staff very well but I want to be 100 certain that you won't feed into the behavior of less savory players that incessantly pick on you.

As it stands I believe that to be your biggest hurdle to overcome. While it doesn't affect your ability and judgment when it comes to staffing decisions, I believe it creates a never-ending feedback loop when you do answer back to those people.

I'm confident that you'll make an even better return to the position with your now held experience, there's no reason anyone should disagree that you are capable of the position.

I'll be glad to welcome you back if the overlords deem it fit you to let you become staff once more.

+1
Letting people get to you is something you must avoid doing whenever you are staff. Regardless of who they are. They can be trolls, friends or peers. If you allow this to get to you, you cannot function properly. I'm glad you've made progress but there's other stuff that you need to work on that I'm sure A LOT of people have seen. 

You escalate trolling or issues rather than working to resolve them. This is something that you've said you've worked on but I feel you still need more time building on that. It's not something I'm truly worried about because you have improved from what I've seen. Just something you should continue to improve on. 

Another thing that catches my mind and bothers me is your very much adult mouth. I don't care that you are talking like you're not a kid or young. Joking around and saying fucked up shit is one thing but you have a habit of baiting responses. I'll explain what I mean. 

You talk like an adult until someone happens to match that energy and say some fucked up shit to you. Granted, most of the times, it is some fucked up shit. However, you generally reach for the "I'm a minor" card that you have on person at all times. This can't continue. It's one thing if someone just straight joins and starts saying messed up stuff towards you but if you bait someone into conversations like that, it means a lot of mixed shit and wrong accusations. 

You can't pull someone into the direction that you're an adult then pedal back and claim the minor card. Act appropriately. If you can drop this bs that you're very well known for, I will support you. You were a good staff member in most areas. These things need to be worked on beforehand. This is not me saying that things like so haven't been warranted to react on but there are better ways to react. Address them as they are, simply just fucked up comments. It's not like they come into the lobby and just know your age. It's not like most people's intentions match your claims. I only say most because there are some fucked up individuals.  

Also stop donor staffing when staff are right there. It's one thing if they are unavailable to handle something due to either a busy lobby or if you're both in dead chat but there have been many times where you are jumping on situations like you are still staff. I understand the urge to hop on it but you resigned for a reason man. 

Until these things are worked through, I don't believe you should go back to staffing. If you give me good enough reason to believe that you have dropped this shit (a lot of this was during your staffing) I will support you because you were a good staff member despite the issues. 

-1 for now.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Let me preface this by saying that the fact that you are underage (16 I believe you are) is already a -1 for me. Also, this has nothing to do with how I feel about you outside of staffing. 

I feel like this past year we saw even further the toll it can take on you being underage staff, with certain situations that went on, which you also didn’t manage well.

Not only that, but much like Ryzif said, almost, if not  EVERYTHING is considered a pedophilic comment, or a person, in your eyes. But only when it’s convenient. I remember one situation in particular, in which a guest was bickering with you (and you were continuing it) and they told you to “suck their dick” (which is honestly as common as fuck you in ttt IMO, so an insult, not a literal thing) and you WARNED THEM for making pedo comments, when the person not only didn’t know you were a minor, but they themselves are/were one. Oh, but if your friends or someone you like say shit like that they are allowed and it’s ok because well, they are your friends. I am NOT saying that there aren’t people who have certainly made  inappropriate comments and were granted a fair warning, but it isn’t always the case. 

I think you can’t tell the difference between being targeted or “harassed” for being staff or for being underage. Which leads to avoidable issues. I am once again not saying you aren’t harassed or targetted, I am saying you play the minor card so often that shit gets confused. And I am also not condoning this behaviour towards you, I am stating a clear difference. As staff, you expect to be targeted and shit, but you are also expected to know how to deal with it, which doesn’t seem to be the case.

Lets talk about actual staffing then. First off, I think you do a great job when serving slays/handling reports. I also think you could chill in this department and actually enjoy the game when there is other staff on (I remember you took almost all, and that is not what’s expected from you, don’t overwork yourself). 
 When it comes to warning players…. I think you should follow the rules/staff guide, which you don’t. You just spam warns for micspam instead of following protocol, and then people have 3+ warns when by that point you should tell some mod to come ban. You can’t jsut issue whatever punishment you want to, there are guidelines and you don’t stick to them. 
Another thing. After some time, I came to the realization that you let some get away with things but not others. Remember when a staff member slurred in admin chat, I warned them, and you came to their defense, because “if it’s in staff chat regular players can’t see it so why warn?” and then you implied you let others get away with it when it was in staff chat, or I am guessing dms. Because I know for a fact you use slurs and pm them to your friends/people who use them. Idc what you do, but if you are gonna just use your power when you feel like it, and allow things to some but not others, then you should not have any power at all. Anyone who uses derogatory terms like that and thinks it’s ok should not be warning others for using them as well.

And add to this, every time you donor staff once resigned, even when staff are on. I remember once I was talking in discord about getting someone warned, and before anything, you alone went ahead and started a voteban that interfered with what I was doing, without even reaching out to me to give me a heads up.

So…… for said reasons, once again I will have to say -1.

Second edit: I don't think a couple months is really enough time to grow much, but maybe that's me.
[Image: Limon_T3.jpg?ex=65b9d342&is=65a75e42&hm=...height=468]
You gotta have thicker skin dude. As staff you can’t escalate things into a worse problem. There is going to be times where you will be targeted again. Someone IS going to say weird shit on the server again. People WILL shit on you for slaying someone they don’t want slain. That’s just how it is dude. For some players, dealing with this stuff is hard, and for others it might be alot easier, but at the end of the day dude it’s what you have to deal with as staff.

I’m going to say this: I think you were a good staff member Damien. When I would join the server and you were on I remember being annoyed because I wouldn’t be getting to handle any reports. From what I saw, you handled reports and ghosting incidents swiftly and in the correct way. However, you need to read every response to this thread carefully and with an open mind because you have things you NEED to improve on. I think you know what your problems are, I just hope that you’ve taken the time to work on them and not just push them to the side.

+1 good luck my friend
I cannot agree more with lemon and ryzif. For whatever the reasons a constant stream of comments, complaints, videos, reports about your staffing and behavior would come across in areas that I can see. Some of those being more public areas but some that places that I am privy to by my rank, which those I will not touch on in detail as it would not be appropriate for me to do so. Your first response to Les does not invoke any confidence that this run will be handled better either. I think you have some working on yourself to do first before putting you in any position of power over others, as even trusted does more that just handle rdm. -1

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I agree with Icey here just cant let things get to you and escalate them +1 from me tho GL brother :)
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
I am a fan of Damien 
But not a fan of staff Damien

U can not handle any smack my guy and mfs out here be h8ing on staff. 
If u cant handle the heat dont get in the oven brodie cause n***as out here be cooking u up and u fold like blue chips ahoy cookie. You just feed into the bait almost every single time and dont deescalate well.  

Besides that u are on demon time with gagging and warning ppl. U do not hesitate and i think its a bit over the top. Like yea I understand like ppl who are saying slurs thats cool.
But you be gagging for no reason sometimes. 
I have been gagged and warned by you more than anyone else im pretty sure. And like i just be talking. Anyone that knows me knows im not loud i dont be racist i just talk. And there was one time on crummy cradle u gagged me and warned me instantly like 3 times back to back. Then these mf snitche ass hoes that dont play the game was dming me on discord saying i was gonna get banned if i got anymore warns witch is some bs for another time cause i only got like 12 and i think 10 of them are just for Gamer Music. But thats off topic. 

If u chillax tho i think you could thrive as staff again. U just be one of them serious ass gamers when things dont be that serious. And u always bring ur age in as a defense when a lot of the time that makes things worse. 

As a former pro staff member  
Im not a hater im a realist 

Money ahead of us 
Bullshit behind us

I am a fan of Damien 
But not a fan of staff Damien

U can not handle any smack my guy and mfs out here be h8ing on staff. 
If u cant handle the heat dont get in the oven brodie cause n***as out here be cooking u up and u fold like blue chips ahoy cookie. You just feed into the bait almost every single time and dont deescalate well.  

Besides that u are on demon time with gagging and warning ppl. U do not hesitate and i think its a bit over the top. Like yea I understand like ppl who are saying slurs thats cool.
But you be gagging for no reason sometimes. 
I have been gagged and warned by you more than anyone else im pretty sure. And like i just be talking. Anyone that knows me knows im not loud i dont be racist i just talk. And there was one time on crummy cradle u gagged me and warned me instantly like 3 times back to back. Then these mf snitche ass hoes that dont play the game was dming me on discord saying i was gonna get banned if i got anymore warns witch is some bs for another time cause i only got like 12 and i think 10 of them are just for Gamer Music. But thats off topic. 

If u chillax tho i think you could thrive as staff again. U just be one of them serious ass gamers when things dont be that serious. And u always bring ur age in as a defense when a lot of the time that makes things worse. 

As a former pro staff member  
Im not a hater im a realist 

Money ahead of us 
Bullshit behind us
Cult member since 8-8-18