Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teehee
+1 on this app; GAMER was my favorite staff and never had a problem with him. He was always fair and welcoming. Defiantly deservers a second chance.

Half the current trusteds don't even staff when on so why does that only apply to GAMER?
When you said you could handle the most devious of scoundrels, I believed you with all of my heart. You are a true music aficionado and have won me over. You have my vote, good man. +1

Also, +1 for diversity (obviously).
  To Whom It May Concern,

It appears that people are under the assumption that i did absolutely nothing at all as a staff member when that was never the case. Yes occasionally I wouldn’t do some reports, but I’m pretty sure its safe to say majority of the staff team has done that as well. 

Just because someone was reported doesn’t mean they deserve the slay. The reporter can be wrong. And when I believed the person didn’t deserve a slay, I wouldn’t slay them. And that is all i had did. Yall have to remember that some reports don’t need a solution. Just because you get pulled doesn’t mean ur getting a ticket. 
If they deserved the slay i would give them the slay. And a lot of the reporters didn’t seem to realize that a slay wasn’t justified (ig). 
And i still believe if it was an accident why should i give a slay its just a game. 

I would still gag and mute when needed. 

I don’t understand why this is such a big deal. When things needed to be handled. I handled.
There’s nothing else I’ve done, and even so is that really so terrible ? 
(06-13-2022, 08:02 PM)GAMER Wrote:   To Whom It May Concern,

I would still gag and mute when needed. 

I don’t understand why this is such a big deal. When things needed to be handled. I handled.
There’s nothing else I’ve done, and even so is that really so terrible ? 

Good argument, GAMER; I appreciate you taking the time to respond to your criticisms in a professional manner rather than insulting or -1'ing their arbitrary internet points. 

I can say that I do remember you dealing with anything that was intolerable (racism, homophobia, etc.) very quickly, swiftly, and professionally. The only reason I am neutral is just due to I haven't played with you a lot recently at all; I don't think it'd be fair for me to give a vote (whether in your favor or not) when I haven't played with you very much recently. 

Hope that makes sense.
I think people are focusing a lot on the issue of gamer "not always" staffing whenever he was on, but who are we to judge? We have a handful of staff that I believe haven't done reports when on, I would argue staff are not required to do reports 100% of the time, especially if multiple staff are on and responsibility can be spread evenly. If there are multiple staff on and one believes gamer is not contributing, he can ask gamer to take a couple of reports. Managing a full server alone isn't complicated (I'm not even sarcastic).
Overall, I'd argue gamer is a pretty respectable guy across the server, and is well known for his amazing queues, and I foresee no issues with him fulfilling a staff role. He also is really smart when it comes to racism/slurs etc, and gamer is GREAT at keeping a level head and not holding grudges, compared to a few staff I have seen on the team recently. With recent warn regarding earrape, seriously? A weak claim.
I think all you guys really want to hear is, gamer, will you handle reports when you are the only staff member online? Hopefully yes.
+1
(06-13-2022, 09:09 PM)voidzz. Wrote: I think all you guys really want to hear is, gamer, will you handle reports when you are the only staff member online? Hopefully yes.
+1
When it comes to be the only staff member online ive always had the intention to handled all reports. That was one of my main reason for becoming staff in the first place. Yes occasionally some would slip through, i may be afk when dead or be a lil zooted and maybe not notice. But ive never been online and completely refused to do my job as a staff member. When asked i would do reports. 
Im trying to not repeat the same points continuously but i do think what I’ve already said is pretty valid. 

Previously before being demoted i was given a warning and imo i did what i was instructed to do. But because i was the only staff member online i had no other staff to witnesses me doing my job. 
And to me thats the main issue with this argument. Its only a problem im not doing reports when other staff on the server. 
But when im alone and doing what im supposed to do as a staff member (which is what I believe is the correct choice of action.) No ones online. Only staff seemed to have an issue with how i did things. And if anyone did (thats not staff) they never told me directly (except for maybe Lemon before she was staff, but shes the only one I actively remember.)

To me it seems the only people that have major issues with me are other staff members meanwhile the other majority of the player base doesn’t.
So I still dont understand why this is such a big deal. When most of the people complaining arnt on when im doing what I’m supposed to be doing. 
And when they are on lots of the staff seems to be on point with handling reports so i dont feel as big of a need to do so. 
And there are other countless times when they are also not handling them and im not the only one. Why should i feel such a big incentive to do so when my fellow staff mates are also not doing them (on occasion). Im more inclined to staff when other staff are also staffing. But then when everyone is staffing super good i get the blame for not doing reports when most of the time they are already done. 
A lot of times i would be one of the last people alive so when i die all reports have been done. 

If i am dead i like to wait for both parties to answer before i set my status in progress, because of this sometimes i would get beat to the report. 

I was never an admin or anything above trusted and i never wanted to be. I dont understand why the standard is so extremely high for me. 
I don't know you but after reading this thread I think having you as staff will kick ass +1
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
on a real note that font is HURTING my eyes but he has good reasons for everything
(06-13-2022, 07:16 PM)KneeGee Wrote: Half the current trusteds don't even staff when on so why does that only apply to GAMER?

I not going to +1 this post obviously, but I will remain neutral for the reason that KneeGee said. Not limited to trusted either, all levels of staff as of the last few months. 

Seems somewhat hypocritical to just disregard this application in that sense. Why are some staff allowed to disregard the rules and guidelines and how the general flow of staffing works that is now ok? If this is the new acceptable style I don't see an issue with gamers' staffing style currently. 

In my personal opinion I highly disagree with gamers' style of staffing, he shouldn't be staff. I could have -1ed but for me to do that now would feel wrong. I don't like being hypocritical.

Gamer makes some good points and has answered responses well. One point of criticism I will make is if what you say is true and you did "look at the reports and decided not to take action" at the bare minimum close them out. If action is not decided on you still need to set the report to finished, even when there's no staff on as it notifies the player that you have finished looking at their report. That should at least be a minimum in terms of staffing and requires only 2 extra clicks if you are indeed actually looking at the reports. If you can do that, at least you wouldn't be accused of not looking at them entirely.

Best of luck with your app.
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
I always thought Gamer brought a refreshing take to staffing. He always did he job when needed, but was never overbearing. I don't think it should be looked down upon really.
[Image: xdjlve.png]