Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
worth a shot
ngame Name: president karlos (karlos)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79621232

Time Played: 187.7 hours

When First Joined: Mar 03, 2022 8:29 PM     i think?

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): currently working from home so always but mainly 4pm-3am ish im on and off ... Time zone in new zealand (GMT+13) pretty much on when america is sleeping :)

Rank Desired:  Trusted. and then move up at a later date

Current Rank: regular 

What can you do to help the community?: im always on people know me now and alot of people get abuse when they just want to play the game there isnt really anyone on at the times i play so id be a big help in removing the hackers and abusers but i mean we all love to ping @Carson :) im also good at spotting whats going on in chat like team switching and can spot ghosting a mile away lol but also im pretty chill like i believe everyone should get a warning first 

Why do you want to help the community?: dinks is a great server a lot better than the other ones ive played on and there has been alot to find the right one ive made some amazing friends while being on here and i really want that to continue i feel that everybody deserves a calm safe place to have fun and chill

Have you previously been banned? nope

Have you previously applied for staff? nope

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? yup obs 

How did you find us?: just by going thru them all till i found one i liked well the ones with the most players 
gaming is a way of life
Hi Karlos, glad to see you taking an interest, especially with a crucial PH ban request creator having resigned so recently.

I don't really play PH so I can't comment on how you are in-game, but you seem like a lovely guy. That said, I think you could work on making a few more ban requests and continuing to be involved in the community. You just made your introduction a little less than a week ago, and while your two ban requests seem reasonably solid, I think having some time to make a few more could give the PH admins more assurance that you can confidently spot a hacker.

-1 from me for now, but I hope it's not discouraging. Just stick around the forums for a bit longer and keep up what you're doing :)
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(09-26-2022, 06:57 AM)Ryan722 Wrote: Hi Karlos, glad to see you taking an interest, especially with a crucial PH ban request creator having resigned so recently.

I don't really play PH so I can't comment on how you are in-game, but you seem like a lovely guy. That said, I think you could work on making a few more ban requests and continuing to be involved in the community. You just made your introduction a little less than a week ago, and while your two ban requests seem reasonably solid, I think having some time to make a few more could give the PH admins more assurance that you can confidently spot a hacker.

-1 from me for now, but I hope it's not discouraging. Just stick around the forums for a bit longer and keep up what you're doing :)

thats okay no hard feelings lol just means that there are things to work towards so ill take your advice and when i spot them pesky hackers ill do some ban requests :)
gaming is a way of life
Hay Karlos glad to see your interested in becoming staff.

For a start your clearly a very nice person in my books with good intentions based on my interactions with you witch is great for becoming a staff member.

Your very much a active member witch is a very good boon for you as well.

However, you do fall just a tiny bit short of the goal post for me. I would like to see a few more ban request made that actually fall under punishable parameters your recant staff abuse report for a donator was not really enough for any punishment outside of a few users who needed a map gag.(I know you understand this now, I don't mean to beat the dead horse)

The report referring too
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=17125

I would recommend contacting staff in discord direct messages & query us about whether or not something meets the parameters of rule braking, this dose not bother us at all by the way especially when you have expressed your interest in becoming staff it is better to be sure before you act no one is expecting you to have a full grasp of the rules as a trusted however showing a bit of effort goes a long way.

The only other thing worth mentioning is staffing is not just about silly little things such as ghosting, mic spamming, team switching & so on it is all so about dealing with much darker subjects that have no place on a gmod server but make their way on despite that.
I am just wondering if your up to the task in that regard it can be a bit taxing is all.

That is all I have to say on your application at this point it is a (-1) for me however do not feel discouraged because your really not that far off you meet every other requirement just make them ban reports & show us you understand the rules by doing so & I have no doubt everyone will give you a + at that point.

I have updated my opinion please look at my new post
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
(09-26-2022, 09:43 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote: Hay Karlos glad to see your interested in becoming staff.

For a start your clearly a very nice person in my books with good intentions based on my interactions with you witch is great for becoming a staff member.

Your very much a active member witch is a very good boon for you as well.

However, you do fall just a tiny bit short of the goal post for me. I would like to see a few more ban request made that actually fall under punishable parameters your recant staff abuse report for a donator was not really enough for any punishment outside of a few users who needed a map gag.(I know you understand this now, I don't mean to beat the dead horse)

The report referring too
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=17125

I would recommend contacting staff in discord direct messages & query us about whether or not something meets the parameters of rule braking, this dose not bother us at all by the way especially when you have expressed your interest in becoming staff it is better to be sure before you act no one is expecting you to have a full grasp of the rules as a trusted however showing a bit of effort goes a long way.

The only other thing worth mentioning is staffing is not just about silly little things such as ghosting, mic spamming, team switching & so on it is all so about dealing with much darker subjects that have no place on a gmod server but make their way on despite that.
I am just wondering if your up to the task in that regard it can be a bit taxing is all.

That is all I have to say on your application at this point it is a (-1) for me however do not feel discouraged because your really not that far off you meet every other requirement just make them ban reports & show us you understand the rules by doing so & I have no doubt everyone will give you a + at that point.

i respect that.
seems theres going to be a pattern here of making ban requests tho. i would like to know how many others that got the trusted role had to make ban requests? because i didnt know that was a requirement unless its been updated. seems silly to me if thats the only thing thats holding me up if you know what i mean. thought there would be quidelines on how you vote for people, and trust me i worked as a prison officer for 2 years ive seen my share of creeps
gaming is a way of life
(09-26-2022, 11:21 AM)PRESIDENT KARLOS Wrote: i respect that.
seems theres going to be a pattern here of making ban requests tho. i would like to know how many others that got the trusted role had to make ban requests? because i didnt know that was a requirement unless its been updated. seems silly to me if thats the only thing thats holding me up if you know what i mean. thought there would be quidelines on how you vote for people, and trust me i worked as a prison officer for 2 years ive seen my share of creeps
One of the primary things you do as a Trusted is making ban requests, as you're going to have many instances where there isn't a Moderator+ on the server to ban players. Take a scroll through the PH ban requests archive if you haven't already to see what they're typically made for and how. To my understanding, for basically all the servers this is a fundamental thing to be able to do as Trusted.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
-1 you pinged me

Joking. What Ryan says is correct, Trusteds make a lot of ban requests cause you will run into ghosters, cheaters, and trolls who need to be banned. Also, you say in one of your ban requests that your laptop can't handle recording and playing gmod at the same time. Is this bad enough to hinder your ability to staff? Except for that, you've pinged for staff a few times about ghosters, so I don't doubt that you know when someone is ghosting.

For now, im gonna stay neutral.
[Image: image.png]
(09-26-2022, 11:21 AM)PRESIDENT KARLOS Wrote: i respect that.

Basically all of us had to make ban reports before getting Trusted it shows us weather or not you understand what your doing & that you can follow the proper procedure wen acting on decisions before been given power over others for example wen you are staff dona's can not use there powers wen your on so you need to be on top of things.

& yes the lack of ban reports will continue to pop up as a reason on weather or not to give a + or a - one of the things to keep in mind wen making a application like this is that people may often agree with what others have already stated & will all so bring up the point or refer back to what others have said wen given out there vote on the mater.

Even as Trusted I have to use the ban request system in place on this forum same thing go's for Test Mod but everyone has to have evidence on hand regardless of what rank they are so wen asked for it they can provide it & yes even Admins no one is above anyone.

Ps. This is just some advice in general & not limited to this forum wen you have access to something like approval & denial archives publicly like we do I would recommend having a look & read what made others get approved/rejected to kind of gauge what it is you need to do to give yourself the best chance possible.

Approved
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=62

Denied
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=63

Not this one the next one
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
Heyo! So, for me I’ve personally never encountered you nor have I seen how you are able to apply ban reports in PH. Personally, never have been on PH. ( ttt gang all the way!! ) As a trusted for a different gamemode, I can say personally time and ban requests are the two factors that would benefit you in the application. Ban requests are not necessary (at least that is how it is in TTT) But it looks good when you create ban requests to show you that you are able to formulate and gather evidence as well as know how to use said ban format! Time is not an issue considering that you probably are close to the time requirement which doesn’t take much to get the hours needed! I think you just might need a little more time to figure out the ban requests and if your computer is not able to run a recording software with Garry’s Mod, maybe try toning down your ram usage if that will help! If you want help, dm me and I’ll be glad to figure out how to help you run both if you are able to! For now I will say +0! Definitely take these comments into consideration and don’t be discouraged! You got this!
eh, I think its a +0 from me.

I do enjoy playing with you and think you could be  a good staff, but I would personally like to see a bit more forum interaction. Would otherwise be a +1 from me.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD