Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
worth a shot
Trusted is the starter rank for staffing and you've made ban requests already, but you only join forums very recently.

You are definitely on the right steps, but I think having at least 1 month of forum activity  + discord activity is a must.

For now I'll go neutral, I am no against you getting Trusted but I believe you should wait 1 more month
[Image: unknown.png]
(09-26-2022, 12:02 PM)Carson Wrote: -1 you pinged me

Joking. What Ryan says is correct, Trusteds make a lot of ban requests cause you will run into ghosters, cheaters, and trolls who need to be banned. Also, you say in one of your ban requests that your laptop can't handle recording and playing gmod at the same time. Is this bad enough to hinder your ability to staff? Except for that, you've pinged for staff a few times about ghosters, so I don't doubt that you know when someone is ghosting.

For now, im gonna stay neutral.

yeah ive fixed that issue now ssd makes it run loads better lol

(09-26-2022, 03:56 PM)Wilfry Wrote: Trusted is the starter rank for staffing and you've made ban requests already, but you only join forums very recently.

You are definitely on the right steps, but I think having at least 1 month of forum activity  + discord activity is a must.

For now I'll go neutral, I am no against you getting Trusted but I believe you should wait 1 more month

yeah will see what happens between now and then

(09-26-2022, 09:43 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote: Hay Karlos glad to see your interested in becoming staff.

For a start your clearly a very nice person in my books with good intentions based on my interactions with you witch is great for becoming a staff member.

Your very much a active member witch is a very good boon for you as well.

However, you do fall just a tiny bit short of the goal post for me. I would like to see a few more ban request made that actually fall under punishable parameters your recant staff abuse report for a donator was not really enough for any punishment outside of a few users who needed a map gag.(I know you understand this now, I don't mean to beat the dead horse)

The report referring too
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=17125

I would recommend contacting staff in discord direct messages & query us about whether or not something meets the parameters of rule braking, this dose not bother us at all by the way especially when you have expressed your interest in becoming staff it is better to be sure before you act no one is expecting you to have a full grasp of the rules as a trusted however showing a bit of effort goes a long way.

The only other thing worth mentioning is staffing is not just about silly little things such as ghosting, mic spamming, team switching & so on it is all so about dealing with much darker subjects that have no place on a gmod server but make their way on despite that.
I am just wondering if your up to the task in that regard it can be a bit taxing is all.

That is all I have to say on your application at this point it is a (-1) for me however do not feel discouraged because your really not that far off you meet every other requirement just make them ban reports & show us you understand the rules by doing so & I have no doubt everyone will give you a + at that point.

ill take that on board thanks
gaming is a way of life
I just want to say that while ban requests are nice, they are not required for an app to be accepted.
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
Bump.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

Chelllman says it nicely. I recall having several conversations with him while we were both staff about whether or not "engagement on the forums" truly matters when you want to get into an entry-level staff position.

Sure, I, a non-server player, might not know who he is, but people who are regularly on the server know Karlos and as a result he has rapport with his fellow gamers. To me, THAT is more important than whether or not he has shown he can do a ban request. Teaching someone how to do a ban request is not difficult, and should maybe take the staff team 5-10 minutes of their time to train him on how the PH staff team wants a ban request to be formatted. 

If Karlos is well respected amongst his peers, I feel that there is no need to deny this application. If there are major implications that suggest Karlos is not fit for the job, then he should be denied. Sure, Karlos might not be able to record evidence on his laptop, but he has shown that he can identify when people are doing things they shouldn't by pinging for on-call and also has made two ban requests. 

Personally, I feel as if people are focusing on the wrong things in critiques on this individual's application. People have said that forum interaction is the main reason why you are -1'ing; to me, that is rather asinine. If this were a promotion application from Trusted to T-Mod, then I would absolutely say that your points are valid. 

When you're giving feedback, something you should always strive to do is give someone something that they WORK WITH to improve themselves; saying things like "not enough ban requests" is not very helpful. I would think that since this individual has been a prison officer before, I think he can easily handle handling situations on the internet. 

I will give this individual a +1 on the application because he has interest, has replied to critiques in a tone that seem to suggest he is willing to listen to comments from others, and from what others have seem to have said, there are no major character issues with you. 

Best of luck to you on your application.
(09-30-2022, 07:34 AM)Salty Wrote: Chelllman says it nicely. I recall having several conversations with him while we were both staff about whether or not "engagement on the forums" truly matters when you want to get into an entry-level staff position.

Sure, I, a non-server player, might not know who he is, but people who are regularly on the server know Karlos and as a result he has rapport with his fellow gamers. To me, THAT is more important than whether or not he has shown he can do a ban request. Teaching someone how to do a ban request is not difficult, and should maybe take the staff team 5-10 minutes of their time to train him on how the PH staff team wants a ban request to be formatted. 

If Karlos is well respected amongst his peers, I feel that there is no need to deny this application. If there are major implications that suggest Karlos is not fit for the job, then he should be denied. Sure, Karlos might not be able to record evidence on his laptop, but he has shown that he can identify when people are doing things they shouldn't by pinging for on-call and also has made two ban requests. 

Personally, I feel as if people are focusing on the wrong things in critiques on this individual's application. People have said that forum interaction is the main reason why you are -1'ing; to me, that is rather asinine. If this were a promotion application from Trusted to T-Mod, then I would absolutely say that your points are valid. 

When you're giving feedback, something you should always strive to do is give someone something that they WORK WITH to improve themselves; saying things like "not enough ban requests" is not very helpful. I would think that since this individual has been a prison officer before, I think he can easily handle handling situations on the internet. 

I will give this individual a +1 on the application because he has interest, has replied to critiques in a tone that seem to suggest he is willing to listen to comments from others, and from what others have seem to have said, there are no major character issues with you. 

Best of luck to you on your application.

heya salty

shot for that yeah there are always things to learn and work towards. taking on feedback from others is a good way to do that and having a positive chat about how things can be improved.
gaming is a way of life
Bump#2
[Image: MARVYN_IRL.gif?ex=65e5009d&is=65d28b9d&h...f424f7de0&]
+1 plain and simple he is a good player who knows the rules, has way to record, ACTUALLY wants to staff and do good for the server.

Also ban request aren't required so why are all the people just nitpicking at that xD
[Image: crimson.gif]

Carson sweats too much.

[Image: 1V8jMf6.png]
I would just like to start by stating to others even though making band reports it not required it is a formulated opinion on the application & gave my reasons for my opinion on the mater this is not me saying no you can not join the staff team it's not my decision to make it is my feedback & in my feed back I am supposed to opinion on the person & inform them on anything I think they can improve on this is not "nit picking" the administrator's will read my feed back & decide for themselves whether or not my opinion will effect the outcome of the of there decision.

I could have possibly word it a bit beater in my original post but to me making ban request & showing that you have put the time in to understand what your doing is important to me & is a requirement in my eyes.

With that bean said there has been a development on my opinion since 1 week ago wen you 1st made this post.

Karlos in the past week has done quite a lot to improve there ability to staff in every way he could possibly do so in there current position.

For a start in a technical side of thing I sat done with Karlos & showed him how to improve there recording software & game performance so weather or not there hardware will effect there ability to staff is a thing of the past they can do so with 0 problems now.

Karlos has improve their communication skills quite a lot frequently asking good questions clarifying finer details wen it comes to the rules & making sure that staff know wen there is a problem this is a good trait for logging troublemakers on the server.

They have become quite good at sporting ghosting/cheating in general & has shown that in there recent ban request & has bean quite carful in doing so not falsie accursing anyone.

Another thing that Karlos has improved on is he's knowledge of the rules even though they were quite good before I just want to make it a point that it has improved.

& last but not lest the reason I gave a -1 to start with Karlos making ban request, in my original post you can see that I wanted to see some ban request & as of now Karlos has made quite a few 6 as of typing this & there formatting has become more clean coherent & more detailed.

I just want to say that this level of self improvement & willingness to take on feedback is quite rare should not be taken for granted.

It is because of this list of Improvements that i am changing my vote to a massive (+1) you have my full support personally & I hope to see you on the team soon good luck with your application don't burn yourself out. :)
[Image: MARVYN_IRL.gif?ex=65e5009d&is=65d28b9d&h...f424f7de0&]
(10-02-2022, 08:29 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote: I would just like to start by stating to others even though making band reports it not required it is a formulated opinion on the application & gave my reasons for my opinion on the mater this is not me saying no you can not join the staff team it's not my decision to make it is my feedback & in my feed back I am supposed to opinion on the person & inform them on anything I think they can improve on this is not "nit picking" the administrator's will read my feed back & decide for themselves whether or not my opinion will effect the outcome of the of there decision.

I could have possibly word it a bit beater in my original post but to me making ban request & showing that you have put the time in to understand what your doing is important to me & is a requirement in my eyes.

With that bean said there has been a development on my opinion since 1 week ago wen you 1st made this post.

Karlos in the past week has done quite a lot to improve there ability to staff in every way he could possibly do so in there current position.

For a start in a technical side of thing I sat done with Karlos & showed him how to improve there recording software & game performance so weather or not there hardware will effect there ability to staff is a thing of the past they can do so with 0 problems now.

Karlos has improve their communication skills quite a lot frequently asking good questions clarifying finer details wen it comes to the rules & making sure that staff know wen there is a problem this is a good trait for logging troublemakers on the server.

They have become quite good at sporting ghosting/cheating in general & has shown that in there recent ban request & has bean quite carful in doing so not falsie accursing anyone.

Another thing that Karlos has improved on is he's knowledge of the rules even though they were quite good before I just want to make it a point that it has improved.

& last but not lest the reason I gave a -1 to start with Karlos making ban request, in my original post you can see that I wanted to see some ban request & as of now Karlos has made quite a few 6 as of typing this & there formatting has become more clean coherent & more detailed.

I just want to say that this level of self improvement & willingness to take on feedback is quite rare should not be taken for granted.

It is because of this list of Improvements that i am changing my vote to a massive (+1) you have my full support personally & I hope to see you on the team soon good luck with your application don't burn yourself out. :)

thank you :) it is hard to tell the diffrence between someone that is just really good at the game and some one that is hacking and ive been carefull to make sure i spectate that person first to make sure they arnt showing what i call the signs of hacking or ghosting before i formulate that they are hacking and make a ban request.

im always keen to learn and try new things
gaming is a way of life