Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is he up to now
(10-02-2022, 09:27 PM)Jammin Wrote: stuff
That's completely fair. I'm someone who's always tried to let my actions speak for me, but my actions over the past few years haven't been very smart. 

I'm hoping, whether this is accepted or denied, to show that I am not a self-centered idiot who is incapable of controlling himself anymore. I've grown as a person and if I have to wait on this because of what I've done in the past, then so be it.
To be completely honest, I didn't think you'd ever want to apply again. 

I think the biggest obstacle in your way of getting staff is a stigma that is held against you by people in the staff team from your past actions. 

Do I personally really care about said actions? No; sure, you've made mistakes but there isn't a single person in this community who hasn't done something that is somewhat similar to some of the things you have done.

Here's my ultimate take: I think your efforts to make progress in the context of mending bridges that might have been considered "burned" over the course of the time I've known you makes me want to trust you. There isn't any doubt in my mind that you'd be fine at Trusted. The issue just stems from whether or not you have good rapport amongst the staff team.

+1; best of luck to you on your app, sir.
(10-02-2022, 10:28 PM)Salty Wrote: To be completely honest, I didn't think you'd ever want to apply again. 

I didn't think so either. However, I've been thinking it over these last few months and realized that it would be for the greater good of the community if I worked with the staff team rather than against them. More on that below.

I think the biggest obstacle in your way of getting staff is a stigma that is held against you by people in the staff team from your past actions. 

This may be true, but I myself have held a grudge against the staff for the past 3 years due to what I viewed as an unjust community ban and some other major things that I wish not to speak of publicly. I am not, nor have I ever claimed to be innocent. There is no excuse for my past behavior, but I know I can make a positive impact for the future.
im tired
I'm so sick and tired of people like @Gabe writing a soliloquy then pansy-ing out and saying, "uh well I haven't played on the server since 1933 so it's going to be a +0 from me." Piss off and stand by your decision (that's a joke)...

...Anyway, I've known Laced (your current name is too long and you keep changing it) for years now. There was a chunk of time when Laced was being a bad boy that I wasn't around so I only have limited knowledge of his hijinks. That being said, Gabe and others are right when they say that Laced has shown a dedication to this server that I'm surprised to see. You'd think someone that has been banned and reprimanded as much as him would have left the community by now. But every post he makes (besides the obvious meme posts) has been focused and helpful to the community. He's never been afraid to speak his mind and isn't afraid to go against the grain if he thinks that his opinion will better the server. Him and I have butted heads in the past about server stuff but we've always come to an understanding (most of the times it's me admitting that I'm wrong, but whatever), but we agree on most things, I'd like to think. 

Like others, I'm surprised to see Laced apply for staff because I would have thought that he would never come back and staff, ever. But he's fun to play with on the server, knowledgeable, honest, real, and I believe that his heart and intentions are in the right place. I think that he should get an opportunity to staff again.

+1

P.S. he and his friends seem to be applying all at once but we'll cross that bridge when we get there :^)
+1

based person

has given me very based and logicpilled advice on how staff.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(10-03-2022, 12:33 AM)EpicGuy Wrote: P.S. he and his friends seem to be applying all at once but we'll cross that bridge when we get there :^)
I see only myself and derp.

To be fair though, I just finally made my decision to apply when I saw derp making his app. I see no harm in us both applying at once.
I think it'd be interesting to see Laced as a staff member since he has a pretty friendly relationship with the current ACTIVE staff roster. I'm all for it. +1.

I like to poop in grocery malls

(can't wait to join you if you get accepted)
+1
Idk why you'd give up rdm but sure.
I knew this guy, he was great back then as staff.
He had some weird juicy stuff between back then and now.
I failed history though, so I only look at the present.
He seems like a fine dandy man, who is very cash money.
Jack of some traits, Master of none
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
(10-03-2022, 12:51 AM)chicago porch pirate Wrote: I see only myself and derp.

To be fair though, I just finally made my decision to apply when I saw derp making his app. I see no harm in us both applying at once.
Oh. You have more than 1 friend? :^)

I know it's not an issue. I just thought it was funny timing that old heads were coming back
+1 on the app he's been around forever and is good player

WAAAAAH

[Image: Masthead-Waluigi.17345b15.9afde10b.png]
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]