Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Addressing Kaiwan in the Community
Also, I’m just gonna say actions of players on a server don’t necessarily reflect who they are outside the internet etc. So when I say Kaiwan sucks I’m strictly referring to my interactions with her online, nothing really about her true character outside GMod.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say she’s probably not that bad outside the very selective environment I interact with her - and I believe the same can be said for most people.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
I have no personal opinion on a server ban but watching the staff discord I’ve seen kaiwan get in trouble many times, I do feel the issue is a bit inflated but I couldn’t say why for sure. I don’t think kaiwan is worse than any of our more troublesome regulars but some kind of forced leave would probably be best for a while.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
+/-0 I don't play that often but the last time I joined she was on and someone was screaming like a toddler at her to stfu and I left a round later because it was giving me a migraine. Honestly sexual harassment is the only thing I can really think of for kaiwan and that stems from an incident (unless someone else mentioned it and i missed it) where she was inquiring about a community member's sex life on server. I was not on server at the time just in call with that person and they sounded uncomfortable when it was happening.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Is she cringe, argumentative, and just an all-around nuisance? Yes, absolutely. 
Is she a sexual predator who intentionally causes minors great discomfort? No fucking way. 

-1 to a ban, +1 to gagging or kicking her when her comments are becoming too sexual, and possibly even a temp ban if her comments get graphic. To keep the server from only making certain members behave in a PG-13 manner, the best option is probably just to mute anyone who makes you uncomfortable.

I would strongly advise against dming or trying to interact with minors who have specifically said you make them uncomfortable publicly. If this behavior and/or other direct interactions with minors become an issue, then I think it would be an issue in need of addressing.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
(10-01-2022, 05:10 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote: https://youtu.be/3TV1JYQ3AKA

this is from mini

This is a video from me, it is missing context to a lot of it as I didn't have the context myself but its just showing how she would make sexual comments while knowing a minor is on or comments that are generally uncomfortable to have to sit and play with constantly. All of these clips are from only a 3 day period that I decided to record, so you can sorta imagine how it is when she is on very often, I've refused to play or played with Kaiwan muted multiple times so I wouldn't have to deal with it. The yeahyeahyeah section was also put in cause staff were on at the time and did nothing about the spam. idc about a ban, its just at that point where something has to be done about it, weather it be making stricter rules on the content that is allowed in vc or a permagag, people are simply fed up with it at this point

*edit*
(10-01-2022, 10:08 PM)Salty Wrote: And don't get me wrong, I completely understand where the frustration is coming from, but yeah. If you don't like listening to someone, there's clientside mute. Stoked talks about how he has everyone at 2% all the time, so it surely doesn't impact gameplay THAT badly to have one person clientside muted.
 This^ everyone please do yourself a favor and go into console and type voice_scale .7 or .5 and maybe you might be able hear yourself think after
Well this was a fucking shitshow, that's a lot of deleted posts.

My interaction with Kaiwan on server has been limited, so I don't have much to work with. If I get downvoted by the mafia, so be it.

I don't really think a ban is the right call here... YET.  I would argue that Kaiwan should be considered to be on a thin ice person, but I'll be blunt:

Seeing things like a "12 month ban" being requested with a lack of evidence from said person who asked for it..? Sorry, that's a little asinine. 

I find myself agreeing with Foxka here on the +1 for a firm final warning. I think that if you're going to ask for someone to get banned, you need to have evidence to support why you think said person deserves a year ban. 

And don't get me wrong, I completely understand where the frustration is coming from, but yeah. If you don't like listening to someone, there's clientside mute. Stoked talks about how he has everyone at 2% all the time, so it surely doesn't impact gameplay THAT badly to have one person clientside muted.
"Hey Kaiwan, chill with sexual comments when minors are on."
I think we have seen enough posts on the thread for now. I am going to relock the thread until a decision is made. If someone has other evidence they would like to share in regards to this thread, please dm me on Discord with the evidence so i may reopen the thread.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
At this time, there is not enough substantial evidence to rightfully ban Kaiwan. While the comments she has made are not coming of someone in our community, no rules outline in our guidelines or MOTD that what she did was wrong. It's to be said though that Kaiwan will be talked to regarding some of the extreme comments that have been made to help mitigate this issue in the future.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]