Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Silencing Marginalized Voices
[Image: yrjWJqZ.jpg]
(10-27-2022, 09:31 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:21 PM)Reina Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:20 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: what is even HAPPENING bro
performance art
I don't think that's a fair thing to say about tiefling, I think they are coming from a place of genuine good intention but the message is muddled because some parts of the discussion were skimmed over or perhaps ignored entirely.
You’re right. 

My apologies for not taking you seriously, Tiefling. I just wanted to let you know that i am not going to be able to make it to the meeting today because i have a meeting at one and i am not going to be able to attend it because of the pandemic and i am unable to attend it due to the pandemic and the fact that i am unable to work from home due to the coronavirus pandemic and the pandemic and my family and friends are not going to be able to work from home so i am going to be in the office tomorrow and i am going to be in the hospital for a week and i am not going to be able to attend the meeting with my family and my family so please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or any other questions.
(10-27-2022, 09:34 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: "While on issues such as this we can all agree that there is a wrong side to take, I think it's important not to silence that wrong side with institutional marginalization, regardless of how inflammatory, indelicate or mean-spirited that voice may be."
literally your words
the situation has been grasped just fine, you're simply incorrect
Marginalization happens to all sorts of people. You seem to be under the impression that I believe the only people being marginalized are the people with incorrect opinions! That is simply not true! Why, in your behavior you are marginalizing these people right now. That's not to say it's a universal wrong. Like I have said a few times now, un-persons should be marginalized. You seem to be hanged on something that was simply never said. I hope that clarified! Stay safe!

(10-27-2022, 09:37 PM)Reina Wrote:
performance art
I don't think that's a fair thing to say about tiefling, I think they are coming from a place of genuine good intention but the message is muddled because some parts of the discussion were skimmed over or perhaps ignored entirely.
You’re right. 

My apologies for not taking you seriously, Tiefling. I just wanted to let you know that i am not going to be able to make it to the meeting today because i have a meeting at one and i am not going to be able to attend it because of the pandemic and i am unable to attend it due to the pandemic and the fact that i am unable to work from home due to the coronavirus pandemic and the pandemic and my family and friends are not going to be able to work from home so i am going to be in the office tomorrow and i am going to be in the hospital for a week and i am not going to be able to attend the meeting with my family and my family so please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or any other questions.
That's very big of you, Reina. Thank you for apologizing to them.
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
is there a tldr
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
(10-27-2022, 09:37 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:34 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:20 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:16 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote: Respectfully, I'm starting to think you are deliberately misinterpreting my statements in an effort to troll this discussion. I would like to think that this is not true, but from my understand you are taking a position of willful ignorance after I have explicitly and specifically informed you of the contrary. Please, try to do better! I know you can, each of us has it in ourselves to improve as people!
it's literally your own words lol
Well, you see, what you're doing is taking multiple different fragments from multiple different statements and refusing to read the subsequent elaboration for any of them. I don't think this behavior is particularly constructive and I don't think you really understand what's being discussed here. I think if you really try and put your mind to it, you can work towards fully grasping the situation, and we can have a more meaningful discussion going forward.

Community discussion. Come join!

(10-27-2022, 09:21 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: why did i get on for the first time since i got home from work to see this

i hope all of you die soon
That isn't a very kind thing to say, if I am being honest. However, I appreciate your honest input.
performance art
"While on issues such as this we can all agree that there is a wrong side to take, I think it's important not to silence that wrong side with institutional marginalization, regardless of how inflammatory, indelicate or mean-spirited that voice may be."
literally your words
Marginalization happens to all sorts of people. You seem to be under the impression that I believe the only people being marginalized are the people with incorrect opinions! That is simply not true! Why, in your behavior you are marginalizing these people right now. That's not to say it's a universal wrong. Like I have said a few times now, un-persons should be marginalized. You seem to be hanged on something that was simply never said. I hope that clarified! Stay safe!

performance art
You’re right. 

the """""marginalization""""" of bigots' harassing posts being deleted is not a real issue, let alone one that needs essays written about it
and again, you literally did say it in the text that i quoted from your original post lol
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(10-27-2022, 09:40 PM)caribou Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]
soooooo truye
It's not really hard to use -snip.
Please use it.
It hurts my eyes.
No one is reading that long shit.
(10-27-2022, 09:40 PM)drain gang Wrote: is there a tldr
Not yet, but you can make it if you want!
(10-27-2022, 09:40 PM)caribou Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]
Thank you caribou, very cool!
(10-27-2022, 09:41 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:37 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:34 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:20 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: it's literally your own words lol
Well, you see, what you're doing is taking multiple different fragments from multiple different statements and refusing to read the subsequent elaboration for any of them. I don't think this behavior is particularly constructive and I don't think you really understand what's being discussed here. I think if you really try and put your mind to it, you can work towards fully grasping the situation, and we can have a more meaningful discussion going forward.

Community discussion. Come join!

(10-27-2022, 09:21 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: why did i get on for the first time since i got home from work to see this

i hope all of you die soon
That isn't a very kind thing to say, if I am being honest. However, I appreciate your honest input.
(10-27-2022, 09:21 PM)Reina Wrote: performance art
"While on issues such as this we can all agree that there is a wrong side to take, I think it's important not to silence that wrong side with institutional marginalization, regardless of how inflammatory, indelicate or mean-spirited that voice may be."
literally your words

(10-27-2022, 09:21 PM)Reina Wrote: performance art
You’re right. 

the """""marginalization""""" of bigots' harassing posts being deleted is not a real issue, let alone one that needs essays written about it
and again, you literally did say it in the text that i quoted from your original post lol
Well tiefling, unfortunately you're changing your mind on what exactly you want to address. Post deletion is not what we were talking about earlier. On that point, I think it's something we will just have to agree to disagree on: I think that people should have a reference not only for what sort of opinions and behaviors are not allowed but for perpetrators to have a chance to take in the true gravity of their statements later down the line. From what I understand, you believe some people shouldn't be afforded the chance to learn from their mistakes. Not how I view it but your opinion is valid, and it matters!
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
I would like to apologize to you for not being able to attend the zoom session today because of my daughter having her second vaccine and I am not going to be able to make it. I deeply regret that I am unable to participate in this event because of my daughter’s teddy bear situation. I would appreciate it if you could please snip your threads and post them to the subreddit.