Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hong Resignation
-1 because your name in the discord said so

+1 obviously, damien does what he needs to and does it well
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
This is an anonymous comment from a community member

-1 Your behavior over the past few months has only gotten worse. The most prevalent issue was being told you needed to learn to think for yourself and instead of trying to rectify it in any way, you wear those comments like it's a badge of honor. Someone that still can't think for himself, parades off his friends and disregards others opinions as troll behavior should not be given karma manipulation access whatsoever. On your own, you are actually more likely to karma ban someone with insufficient evidence or provoke them into getting themselves banned. You also put down people you doesn't agree with or more importantly, your friends don't agree with, future or current.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
To the anonymous member:

What???? What evidence? What context? What instance? I hate these kind of sweeping, over generalized and obviously embellished statements people make on these apps. Either you provide some context for your grievance or some proof or honestly you're a fucking moron and not helping.

Also Damien's a good kid, stay golden ponyboy.

+1
(12-04-2022, 09:25 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: This is an anonymous comment from a community member

-1 Your behavior over the past few months has only gotten worse. The most prevalent issue was being told you needed to learn to think for yourself and instead of trying to rectify it in any way, you wear those comments like it's a badge of honor. Someone that still can't think for himself, parades off his friends and disregards others opinions as troll behavior should not be given karma manipulation access whatsoever. On your own, you are actually more likely to karma ban someone with insufficient evidence or provoke them into getting themselves banned. You also put down people you doesn't agree with or more importantly, your friends don't agree with, future or current.
Thank you to the anonymous community member for reaching out to bryanbrr to get this comment out!

I genuinely don't see how any of this describes me to be completely honest so I'm not gonna comment on it really other than this: If my behavior has truly gotten worse I would want one of the admins/other staff members to personally reach out to me about it, but I haven't had any kind of message/talking to about my behavior.

I will say however that if you think that I've upset you or a person you know in any way, please reach out to me and I'll do my best to apologize and move forward.
I am going to be giving a -1. When you literally said today on the server that you haven't even read the entire rules, I don't see you as being able to carry out the role of T-Mod currently.  Since 'Very knowledgable understanding of the rules and can be able to handle more intermediate scenarios' is literally under the requirements for T-Mod.

One thing you do have going for you is that you do have a consistent activity on the server for 2 months.

You also have only made 2 ban requests in your time as trusted.  Both did have good enough evidence, one was a Mass RDM Ban request and the other would have enough if it  actually needed to happen. (Alt evading ban request on someone that had already appealed the ban years ago but their alt was still banned.)

So I am not sure if that really falls under ' Ban requests are generally made with all necessary information ' but I think its okay.
(12-04-2022, 10:00 PM)chibill Wrote: I am going to be giving a -1. When you literally said today on the server that you haven't even read the entire rules, I don't see you as being able to carry out the role of T-Mod currently.  Since 'Very knowledgable understanding of the rules and can be able to handle more intermediate scenarios' is literally under the requirements for T-Mod.
I was saying this in a half joking manner.

Quote:You also have only made 2 ban requests in your time as trusted.
There's a section in staff chat where most if not all of the things people get banned for go. Most of the bans lately have been awarn threshold bans and the section in staff chat is why there hasn't been a ban request for TTT since the 30th as well.
(12-04-2022, 10:00 PM)chibill Wrote: You also have only made 2 ban requests in your time as trusted.  Once which 1 did have good enough evidence (Mass RDM Ban request) and the other would have if it actually needed to happen. (Alt evading ban request on someone that had already appealed the ban years ago but their alt was still banned.)

So I am not sure if that really falls under ' Ban requests are generally made with all necessary information ' but I think its okay.

Just gonna chime in on this part as someone who has made exactly two ban requests since getting staff. Myself and other staff who can't ban usually happen to be on at the same time as actual Mods, so there's really no need to make ban requests if you can just have someone ban them once you've gathered the proper evidence. Given that most of the bans now are for reaching warning thresholds and we have an actual channel (that Damien has posted in a couple of times with good info) for those bans in particular, I don't see it being a big deal that he doesn't have many ban requests under his belt. As long as he knows how to make one and gather evidence for it, he should be okay.

Just my two cents, idk about the rest of the comment.

edit: also tbh i think those "how to: promotion/demotion" threads are kinda ass and need an update
this is good
+1
aughhh
[Image: raccoon1_1.jpg?ex=6628fb2c&is=6616862c&h...0080f14e4&]
(12-04-2022, 10:02 PM)Damien Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 10:00 PM)chibill Wrote: I am going to be giving a -1. When you literally said today on the server that you haven't even read the entire rules, I don't see you as being able to carry out the role of T-Mod currently.  Since 'Very knowledgable understanding of the rules and can be able to handle more intermediate scenarios' is literally under the requirements for T-Mod.
#1 I was saying this in a half joking manner.

Quote:You also have only made 2 ban requests in your time as trusted.
#2 There's a section in staff chat where most if not all of the things people get banned for go. Most of the bans lately have been awarn threshold bans and the section in staff chat is why there hasn't been a ban request for TTT since the 30th as well.

#1 - While you may have been, to me it didn't seem like it at the time as you were going back and forward with someone on a rule and didn't decide to go check the rules till I mentioned it was directly mentioned in them. Not to argue but over the time I have seen you on when I am on, its still over my opinion you don't have a very good knowledge of the rules. 

#2 - I will retract that bit since I now see you have had 7 posts on our warn threshold thread for people going over the warn thresholds.
erm -1 you should not be arguing with people in your application. you will never be mod.

I stand by what I said in your previous application: I think you are well intentioned and capable overall, but I'm concerned by the potential impressionability and lack of maturity due to your age. I agree somewhat with the anonymous poster that you have a tendency to go along with whatever behavior the majority/your friends are doing without putting enough effort into thinking on your own about it.

I was sorely disappointed that I had to ask you not to use homophobic slurs in my DMs (not directed at me, but regardless) and your initial reaction to that. You did yield after pressing further, but it still left a sour impression. Giving the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure it's behavior you learned from other staff and community members, but that loops back around to the issue with impressionability.

I'm going to once again have to give a -0.5. I think you're a well meaning kid, but you need a bit more time to mature and settle into a staffing position, and to work on thinking and acting independently.
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]