Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PapaFred Donor Abusing/Acting as Staff
Offender's Name: PapaFred

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:451334914

What Server(s): Prop Hunt

Offender's Rank: Donor

What They Did: Donor abuse. During the 2 hour session I had with him, he was constantly gagging users for any small reason he possibly could come up with. Unfortunately I didn't clip any prior examples. Before the clip below, PapaFred gagged my friend David. David just recently donated, so he ungagged himself since a non-staff member gagged him for little to no reason. PapaFred then KICKS David for "gag evasion, donor abuse".

When They Did It: 12/7/2022

Potential Witnesses: dankster, Cassie Moon, David

Proof (You must have VIDEO and/or Multiple Screenshots as proof*): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/...IxMTAxOTYs

Other: I know that I probably shouldn't have used my permissions to kick him back, but I was just defending my friend. As far as I'm concerned, donor perms should only be used mic spam/constant slur usage or 
for extreme cases AFTER pinging on-call staff in the Discord.

Since the link is messed up I moved the video to YouTube so it can be properly viewed.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Well it would be nice to have some video evidence of what happened before this to back up your other claims, and of what David said because he has said some quite strange stuff before, the fact that he kicked him without trying to ping for staff, and potentially without getting evidence, should warrant a warning and be shown the guidelines, unless of course he has done this in the past.
[Image: image.png]
It would be good to see the moments were Papafred "was constantly gagging"
[Image: unknown.png]
I was there that day with Fred pretty sure for the  2 maps then got off after elementary school, but there were people making random noises in their mic and he would ask them to stop before gagging and i myself would also help gag, to me, it more seemed like you abused your power by kicking Fred, because when someone gags a person for say mic spam and they leave that is punishment evade. Yes in the past Fred has been reported for abusing donor but i don't consider it this time. Also, donors are not staff but they are allowed to keep the server under control, that's why there's a guideline for them, its different if staff are on then you have to ask if you can help but otherwise its okay for them to use their powers While following the guidelines.

again as others said, if you have more proof of him just randomly gagging without cause please share!
[Image: titan.gif]
Regardless, we can't do anything without evidence to act on speaking of I appreciate you trying to help, please make sure you have evidence before acting yourself.

Using your powers to help keep the server sain without having evidence on hand is a good way to lose your Donor powers, regardless if you did the right thing, since we can't know for certain ourselves.

I think a heads-up in this case instead of an official warning would be an appropriate response in this situation, you don't have to use your powers to help if you don't want to, don't feel obligated to do something because you are a Donor you don't have to do anything, but if you want to help in the future you can contact the staff on the discord we can't always get on, but it's rare for none of us to be available to respond on the phone to advise if needed, so please consider this option in the future please & thank you?
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
drhgsbgnhtegsfhteg
(bump)
[Image: image.png]
seems there is not enough evidence to prove abuse here due to a lack of full context; that's probably why this hasn't been resolved yet tbh
bump
bump again