Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Website suggestion
The forums are supposed to be a place for discussion, yes. We even added it to the rules to clarify that civil debate. See below.
[Image: 33d9b9c3c9ab4d91da98279c11b99393.png]

Re: Comment Deleted
As for your comment being deleted, laced discussed with me beforehand if he about deleting your comment, so it wasn't power modding. You did not get a forum warning either.

Perhaps I should have deleted it myself, but I was preoccupied. But that shouldn't matter at all because your comment came across as spiteful and unnecessary, so it was more than valid to remove. It didn't give any meaningful "critique" as to why you didn't think Laced should be web mod and it was just a snarky remark that was not needed nor helpful. You should know this, so I don't get the issue. I also said specifically any critiques or concernshould be brought to me rather than making the thread about that. 

We also decided to lock the thread because we finished making all the planned changes, getting meaningful feedback while we were making them, and any other feedback. There was no longer a reason to keep that thread open and any other suggestions or feedback could be made on separate threads.

I welcome your critique here. This is meaningful and I welcome civil debate on this topic. It won't be deleted. Yes, community input is still important. I frankly think it's a bit of a strawman argument to say that this one instance can lead to hypothetical scenarios of community input no longer matters, evidence outside of dinks, and the forum being 1984 with discussion no longer allowed. So I respectfully heavily disagree with that part and don't think that will ever happen, especially just because of this as a reason

Laced Getting Web Mod
As for laced getting web mod, I said this in my initial thread. It was NOT a rash decision, not a favor for a friend, and I took into consideration his history, criticisms, etc. I did speak to the other community admins before giving laced the rank. We had a discussion about it and in the end, the Admins said they would respect my decision if it was decided that he would get Web Mod since he'd be my responsibility. 

Some context as to why I picked laced: I've community banned the guy, promoted and demoted him in ttt, staffed with him before, and have known him for years. So I think I'm in a unique position here to make a sound decision as to why I want him on my web mod team, after consulting with the other Admins. 

The amount of dedication he shows to this community is stunning. Despite everything that has happened, he is still actively around. He's motivated, has a good level of judgment and patience, takes staffing seriously, and a has good/calm demeanor when making decisions as staff. As I said, he checked with me beforehand. So that shows he has no interest in power modding. He's genuinely tried to better himself despite his past in this community. So I believed he deserved a chance to prove that to everyone and that people could change. I obviously won't deny that he has gotten carried away in the past, even in the forums, but he knows how to control himself and when to be serious. This thread should not be an attack on laced's character either.

I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just asking for a chance. People can change. You made your way up to TTT Admin and Web Admin yourself, so I think Laced should have a chance to prove himself too, and have an opportunity to reach new heights in the community. 

I've also reworked web mod, it's not the same as when you gave it to me or Matt gave it to Travis. I laid out the change in my initial thread. 
[Image: 85052f0dda3aff89a123ae69a5bf7331.png]

I may add more to this later.
My issue with this promotion is exactly as battons says. Laced is not someone who should be able to silence opposition considering he is known to create dogpiles himself. Obviously I have no "hard" evidence for this since I'm never allowed in his private channels, nor would I ever want to be in a place so blatantly toxic. But the signs are there and they are obvious. This is clearly a favor for a friend and nothing more. Laced is responsible for majority of shitposting and opinion blocking that he has no place moderating it now. Quite frankly I'm tired of the hypocrisy Laced has been exhibiting in both staff discord and in public. He tells people to kill themselves regularly, most recent example is in the csgo tournament where he blurted it out in discord voice chat. You and your friends slur like pigs outside of dinks and I am disgusted you are even putting out the front that you are protecting the public players from it. It is baffling laced was allowed to return to staffing to begin with.

For context on why I feel this way and why my criticisms and opinions are so harsh, laced and I do not get along. We used to be cool, friends even, when we both originally staffed together. When he resigned and went on his anti staff tirade my feelings toward him soured. I was constantly being attacked and belittled by laced and his friends for whatever they could pick on me for. Laced would have "jokes" that I did not feel comfortable with and then the friends he has would suddenly crop up and start making these same jokes and ridicule me over it. I can prove this is the case because I know exactly what happens in his discord and it is disgusting. There was a time where clips of people they would mock would be posted so they could further mock them outside of the public eye. It is a place where his group can hide thier harassment. I'm sick of it. Sick of trying to mend things. Sick of trying to go along with things because it's anxiety inducing to fear what kind of mockeries will come from nit agreeing with it. Sick of not feeling like I am welcome singly because you exist and you spite me. This is my formal complaint against you, and I hope you take it seriously because the amount of harm you create not just to me but many others is awful. And I am very well aware that there will be awkwardness and alienation from me for posting this publicly. But hey, I've tried my best to make things right and now it's on you.

And yes I'm heated. The favoritism is astounding.

Edit; oh also caught laced himself streaming drama bingo in staff discord. Way to prove my point that you do not belong in power here! And no, this isn't me leaking staff chat since it has nothing to do with sensitive staffing material not suitable for public information! So don't try that with me ty.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(01-04-2023, 06:03 PM)Foxka Wrote: Edit; oh also caught laced himself streaming drama bingo in staff discord. Way to prove my point that you do not belong in power here! And no, this isn't me leaking staff chat since it has nothing to do with sensitive staffing material not suitable for public information! So don't try that with me ty.
[Image: image.png]

not responding to the rest of it lol
leeg done now type:
bro... i can't believe two groups in dinks are fighting agian!!!

ok first: laced --- I can't believe how entitled and bitchy you sound in your first post. You're taking the high road and really letting everyone know how correct you are in taking it. If you want to critique someone's post, which I know you know how to do, don't make it sound like you're a piss baby, please. I know that you resent me for hanging out in dong's discord, that's probably why you removed me from it... but you know I don't hold any hate towards you and I don't fully think that you're a bad fit for web mod... maybe a little green, but not a terrible fit.

second: battons --- you and I both know that's not a solid critique and something else needed to have been said. If you would have made a post like this on the original thread, it wouldn't have been deleted but you just said yikes. In the past, for me anyways, Gabe would reach out if he knew I was available and wanted to make a change to certain posts that were mostly shitposts, I'd do it. Someone should've reached out and been like... "ey bro... that's not enough. If you wanna keep that post you'd better make a valid point.."

third: derp --- just because wrongs were made while matt was web admin doesn't make it okay to do them now

fourth: cliques --- lmao you guys complaining about cliques while having your clique support you is hella funny and ironic and you all need some introspection, this is a forum about a video game after all

fifth: I wanna share this cause I got a giggle out of it
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/rep...me&page=65

page 65 - 90

sixth, and final: damn you guys need to take your position of web admin a little less seriously the whole "you should be lucky we didn't warn you"!!!! is the same type of shit you both would have flamed two years ago. Do your jobs, but don't be fucking bitches about it

p.s. love all you dumb cunts, deadass, I got no beef with anyone (not even foxka)
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Gabe, I was gonna type a response with real critiques but I think Foxka best summarized how I feel about everything. Seeing him get bullied for so long from your now web moderator does trouble me significantly about how he will treat others going forward. Even in this thread the reply to my post is yikes and has a vibe I could only best describe as intimidation.
(01-04-2023, 06:08 PM)real (2) Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 06:03 PM)Foxka Wrote: Edit; oh also caught laced himself streaming drama bingo in staff discord. Way to prove my point that you do not belong in power here! And no, this isn't me leaking staff chat since it has nothing to do with sensitive staffing material not suitable for public information! So don't try that with me ty.
[Image: image.png]

not responding to the rest of it lol
I encourage you to respond seriously instead editing of pointing your fingers and yelling "Aha! Got you!". What I posted is NOT information. Thanks.
We're just a giant ass
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
this reminds me of a post I would make on the site when I was 13
(01-04-2023, 06:15 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: this reminds me of a post I would make on the site when I was 13
High school never ends. But this high school is all collectively our hobby so it's fine to air out grievances occasionally.

Edit: also it's an issue when things are ignored in private for so long that it makes its way in a public blow-up post, but yeah.
We're just a giant ass
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(01-04-2023, 06:08 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote: fifth: I wanna share this cause I got a giggle out of it
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/rep...me&page=65

page 65 - 90

*Ahem* that is rep manipulation, gonna need the web mod to delete those.  Rolleyes
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
My only thought is I wish these spots would be open to applications instead of hand picked. Even if restricted to just staff like how discord did. Mostly likely would have avoided the current displeasure of some about laces spot.

Actually now that I think about it regarding Foxka post. People do not dislike u because supreme leader Laced Xanax doesn't like you. You're own actions have made people dislike you for different reasons.
[Image: J6yUs0g]