Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Moderator Staff App
just out of curiosity, what made you decide to apply?
rand asked me to post his response on his behalf:

The forums staff has been a team I've expressed interest in, mainly privately to whoever was in charge at various points, going back to Matt. Until now it hasn't ever really felt open to people being apart of it, but with the update on its scope, being downsized from backend access to just actual moderation, I feel like it's in a position now to be applied for more. That was the main thing. I also think having people with different ideologies and temperaments on the same team, who tend to work well together is a good thing. Obviously part of it is because people were calling for Laced to have to go through and application process, so I thought I'd kickstart the idea of applications. I know back during Battons's time as admin he'd wanted to eventually have people apply for a role as well, so it just fit. But really the biggest "why now?" thing probably has more to do with an idea. If Laced and his history can be looked over for whole-community roles (vs ttt ones), I feel like it's not a shot in the dark to think mine could too.
Respectfully I'm a no/-1. I have no doubt you'd do a good job ability wise, but I just don't trust you.

Plus you are just two months removed from your forum unban, I feel this is way too early.

Sorry friend, thanks for your interest in applying tho!
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I know I am not active too often in this community anymore but I will say my peace.

First of all, when it comes to web moderators, someone who has access to the ENTIRE community comments and profiles, I believe that it should now become a role that people apply for. It needs to be a role where people should not have to worry about ANY community bias or great levels of hypocrisy. The hypocrisy has happened recently which is why personally promoting people to web moderator without a community say should no longer happen.

Now to you Rand. I want to say thank you for being the first person to apply for the web moderator role at least recently. Given your history when I was around and for what Jammin has said, you cannot be trusted with the web moderator position. You are passionate individual and do care about the community but with everything that has happened, including questionable decisions that have happened recently it is not a good idea at this time. The next individual made a web moderator should be someone that the community can trust and believe in to bring balance to the role itself given everything that has occurred with said title.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I think if we decide to hold Rand's past actions over his head, everyone should be held to that standard.  However, it seems that we have already set the precedent that, even for the exact position that he is applying for, past actions should not matter if the person has changed.  That being said, I do think Rand has changed, personally I would trust him in this position and think that he has all the necessary things for the role.  He stays level-headed, can articulate himself well, and has a good grasp of the rules.

+1
Nah like deadass though, you're really levelheaded and you try to take both sides as seriously as possible. You know what to say and what not to say.

Your big drama threads are similar to muckraking if anything and not as much 'harassment' in my personal opinion. For example, in my personal opinion, which no one can say is objectively false or true, the entire forum janitor joke was not that big of a deal and only got blown out of proportion due to the individual that vetted the joke rather than the people that made it.

You're a good guy and someone I can trust with the position. If you want more dicksucking you can DM me

+1

also web mod has as much access as Gabe gives them, let's be real, they don't even have IP's.

also, the staff leaking is a moot point and I'll leave it there
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
As one who asked rand to apply.... +1 because I think it'd be super comical and I'm on team chaos
former admin2
He word good and I think Randel could do good with a position such as this. I am small bias but I do think he will do goods even with past drama that was small.
However I have heard he kiss men. idk if I want thats though
+1 :)
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
+1 who else wants to do this and contain our shitposts and dumb drama threads started by the same four people
Rand, thank you for your interest in joining the Web Staff team and for taking the time to apply. I am not looking to expand the team at this time. However, I have created a new process for applying to Web Staff in the future when the team is actively recruiting. I encourage you and anyone else to apply when those applications open up. I laid out the process & format here.