Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We only do it for you
(01-08-2023, 02:14 PM)Ryan722 Wrote:
Show Content

Better phone integration would be amazing.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
This is my own opinion on the subject matter.

Staff don't care about us: They actually care about you and everyone that follows the set rules of the servers. I just play prop hunt and I'll see @BIIG_SAD, @"mysticalEVILwarrior", @Super Milk Chan, etc. hop on just to have fun. I'm sure it looks like it wears out people to essentially seem as if they're not interested in just playing, but they have lives outside of a game. They are not paid to do their jobs. Being staff is a taxing and involved job, so if they can't get on to just play, I myself understand that. Do I enjoy when staff gets on to play, absolutely!

No one put's effort into this community anymore: This complexly false in my opinion. @reina, @Jammin, etc. do a phenomenal job on the discord side, the staff team on PH, and the web staff as well! (can't speak for the other game mods as I don't personally play them, but I'm sure they're just as good as PH's staff team!). I don't think a lot of people understand what goes on behind the corners. This community is like a play, it's not just the actors that do things, there are people who are busting their butts to ensure that this community has the support to run this awesome gmod community!

Spam in the chat makes me not want to engage in conversation: This does occur frequently. Reactions would be best instead of spamming cat gifs, memes, etc. I myself am guilty of it, so for me personally I will tone it down with the cat stuff within the discord.

The forums are just a place to dog pile/get picked on for having an opinion that is different: I myself haven't run into this. I primarily use it to submit ban requests for those individuals not following the stated rules, but I know it happens. I personally feel as if the forums should be used in a more professional manner by everyone. The Discord is meant to chat about each perspective game mode, shitposts, general chats, etc. If the forums are used in a professional manner, there shouldn't be any reason to pick on someone. For example, if someone was being reported for cheating, the only things should be mentioned are facts to the subject, not feelings on something. 

I feel that X Y & Z get away with it because they're staff: I feel like this is not true from personal experience. In my opinion, staff are held at a higher expectation as they are sort of the face of the server. Staff should have a zero tolerance to rule breaking. How would you staff a game mode and not follow the rules and then comeback and say this person got away with it, no. It shouldn't be about the other person, worry about yourself. If you don't break the rules, you wouldn't have to worry about that. The rules are simple, and they're not hard. The past/present staff team has made it clear in black and white what is and what is not allowed. 

If I got punished this user should as well this is unfair treatment: This sort of piggybacks on what I just stated. If you get punished that's based on your actions, not someone else's. They didn't force you to do something, so just worry about yourself. 

Tired of style content: This is an awesome idea! Teaching others skills that they can learn would greatly improve things!
???????? ??????
this is so cheesy, prob true for ph staff but not ttt staff
(01-09-2023, 12:15 AM)voidzz Wrote: this is so cheesy, prob true for ph staff but not ttt staff

I would disagree but I am not sure what aspect you are referring to as it is a long post lol.

Could you possibly be a bit more specific?
not gonna lie im lazy to read it again i just know i disagreed with something
(01-09-2023, 12:44 AM)voidzz Wrote: not gonna lie im lazy to read it again i just know i disagreed with something
Ladies and gentlemen, the forums, summed up in a couple posts:
1:a thing that is a little longer than 3 sentences.
2: critique followed by genuine question to further convo
3: nah, dont wanna reread, but I disagree with it ngl.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
For starters, I just wanna say I greatly appreciate the amount of thought and effort that went into this post. Even with a few errors, you got your point across just fine, so you don’t need to apologize for anything. I’d also like to respond to a few parts that stood out. 

I can understand how the cat spam mid-conversation can be annoying and discouraging, so discord staff can try to be more vigilant about preventing that kind of derailment in the future. 

The TTT and Community forums make me tired whenever i look at them. Everywhere else is usually pretty alright. 

Igree, it’s not hard to find preferential treatment in this community, or any community, or anywhere else with a hierarchy. Try as we may to avoid it, some (not necessarily all) staff members may give preferential treatment to a player at some point in time– though it’s rare to see plain old favoritism. 
  There may be times when dealing with regulars or other staff members where a staff member will unconsciously choose to give a lighter punishment, or no punishment at all, because they know in the back of their mind that being the one who issues a ban may mean being flamed and harassed by people who like that person. This sometimes leads to a game of hot potato where each staff member who deals with that player tries not to be the one who has to give the ban without realizing they’re doing it. This community can get very very tiresome with its knee-jerk reaction to friends being banned, and I can’t blame staff for wanting to catch a break sometimes. Luckily there are also many staff members willing to ignore that risk and go through with any punishments they need to do. (none of this applies to Les’s bingo post, staff was just being a little silly with that one)
  I believe I have yet to see this be an issue between staff members myself, though. In my experience and from what I have seen, staff members have been very fair with one another and are willing to hold each other accountable, including admins. Sometimes staff may appear to be lenient with one another for lighthearted stuff like shitposting, but from what I’ve seen that’s either because the post or message they’re allowing to remain just happens to have been made by a staff member or because they know the person well enough to know there’s no harm intended with their actions and simply don’t think they need to be punished. The staff member making that decision could definitely still be wrong in doing so, but i don’t think it’s right to blame it on favoritism in that case.
  So, all in all, yeah I agree punishments are unbalanced sometimes. I disagree with jumping to conclusions about why that is the case, though. Try to remember that they’re only human and the stakes for the punishment are usually pretty low. 

bye :3
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
Also I would like to add that there are set PH Staff Guidelines to each perspective rule break set here: PH Staff Guidelines . So in theory there shouldn't be any discrepancies on punishments, as the punishment lengths are sorta set in place. I know each incident isn't exactly identical, but this thread goes into pretty much the vast detail on everything for PH. 

(speaking on behave of PH, not sure if a similar thread is made for the other game modes)
???????? ??????
(01-09-2023, 05:28 PM)reina Wrote:
Show Content

I should have clarified that I understand this aspect & that this is more got to do with outside looking in, Since sometimes it can be a community members first impression wen it comes to engaging in the forums or otherwise, I get that staff who know the person know it is harmless. So I agree with you completely I'm pretty sure we are on the same page.