Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
^3Options
Offender's Name: ^3Options

Offender's Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22896380

Potential Witnesses: Available staff online (Christian) didn't bother watching ^3Options for anything "suspicious" when I claimed he was hacking, ignored me.

Reason for Request: Hacking

Proof: Old PC, no recording software, so I used GMODs recording system which I would prefer sharing the video over skype and discussing it, as I will be able to use a headphones as a mic. If that's not possible, redirect me to a recording software that I can record over the original demos with.

EDIT: Change Quality. Password is ^3OptionsHacking

Attachment 1: This video itself should be enough to get this guy banned. Clearly he is snapping to each person, if you want to say he has fast reflexes, then does he also have wall hacks for snapping to "my ass" through the wall?

Attachment 2(1 video limit): Obviously as an argument, you could just say he's good at sniping. But to tell he's using an aim assist, simply watch his sniper as it glides along perfectly and even raises very smoothly. Why question it after attachment 1 anyway?

Sadly attachment 3, 4, and 5 won't convert properly and because of that it won't let me upload them. But if they're REALLY needed, ill add them as well. But they will not nearly come close to proving this guy is hacking as attachment 1.

Other: I know a lot of people on this server are oblivious to this act, but I personally know this guy from a long time ago (probably over a year ago) and at that time, have banned him myself when I was a former superadmin on a server. I highly recommend the server download a ULX Screenshot command, if they do not already have one, as Cake Anti Cheat! can be easily bypassed. The script he is using can also make it extremely hard for him being caught, as it will give him a list of people who's spectating him, the staff online in-game, the ability to change the quickness of "snapping" to your target so it looks like you're just turning normally, etc.

I hope whoever I discuss this with is in a higher position.

EDIT: It's not letting me respond to replies, or post a comment in general, so I will just say this. I will not go out of my way to record more evidence I have already collected. The first video is the closest someone will get to spotting this guy hacking with the script he is using, and it's ridiculous if you can't tell he's hacking from that video. If you don't want to believe he's "snapping," then use common sense and take in to fact he was using wall hacks to know the location of "My Ass." Its quite disappointing to play on a server with certain staff members who aren't able to identify a hacker, while evidence is right infront of them. I assume just because the guy has been on the server for awhile, they want to defend him over defending the server. I do understand the second video obviously not being proof, it's just an addition, as with the rest.
"(Christian) didn't bother watching ^3Options for anything "suspicious" when I claimed he was hacking, ignored me.

I told you I checked his console and nothing came up. Also ^3Optinos has played here for a long time, especially with Admins on. I'm sure if he was hacking, he'd be banned by now.

Also you need to have evidence when making a Ban Request, like I asked you to provide when you were on the server. We aren't going to ban someone without sufficient evidence. Not to mention he has 7,000+ total hours in Garry's Mod alone. We aren't going to ban players who are actually good at the game.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(01-02-2017, 12:31 PM)Christian Wrote: "(Christian) didn't bother watching ^3Options for anything "suspicious" when I claimed he was hacking, ignored me.

I told you I checked his console and nothing came up. Also ^3Optinos has played here for a long time, especially with Admins on. I'm sure if he was hacking, he'd be banned by now.

Also you need to have evidence when making a Ban Request, like I asked you to provide when you were on the server. We aren't going to ban someone without sufficient evidence. Not to mention he has 7,000+ total hours in Garry's Mod alone. We aren't going to ban players who are actually good at the game.

I understand that, but witnessing it first hand is differently, you're basically saying if I were to start my script, and it did not get detected while being flawless, I am not using hacks. As well as saying if I have a lot of hours in a game, I must be good at it. With close minded thinking like that, I really don't think you deserve the position you're given. People will find loopholes and ways to get their hacks through, if people can hack actual professional games such as Call of Duty, you don't think someone can bypass through a simple script a random person made?

I also stated I do have recordings, but its through GMOD which isn't very sufficient, but its something. Also that if its really needed I can record over the original.
@Red Panda To do anything about this we would need evidence, take the time to properly upload and post it so we can begin to handle this through proper channels. As for now all we have is your and Christian's word, the accused was not detected by anti-cheat or console check so the next step comes from you.
Test Moderator on Dinkleberg's TTT.

"You guys are fucking cancer."
Red, We can't just take your word for it. We do need evidence. Christian said he was unable to find anything in the console then that means there's not much he can do about it. If you record 3Options doing this then it would be something concrete to look at and investigate but at the moment we don't have anything. We have players that are extremly good and sometimes people think they're hacking, we don't want to ban them because they aren't hacking. We can't just ban someone that looks like they're hacking, we need something concrete.
Ya, here's the deal if you have evidence of him hacking then post it here. DO NOT tell a staff member they don't deserve their position because they won't ban someone without any evidence.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
(01-02-2017, 01:17 PM)Scoovie Wrote: Ya, here's the deal if you have evidence of him hacking then post it here. DO NOT tell a staff member they don't deserve their position because they won't ban someone without any evidence.

Will do, I will record it over with my phone in a day or two. But I did not say he doesn't deserve his position on the fact he won't ban someone without sufficient evidence. I understand its a situation for him in which he needs hard evidence, trust me. But if someone claims another player is hacking, is it not worth taking a look at all? Even if it means you lose 2-3 rounds of playing the game yourself to spectate the victim? He hasn't done anything to help justify my claims, besides checking console (which is nothing really), and even ignored me when I asked if ^3Options had bought a radar during a round, to prove he was wall hacking. Whilst basically making a joke out of my whole claim before I had even made this post. A player on your server (as a staff member) should not have to do a staff members job themselves.
Console checking is all I could of done. I've watched Options play in the past, you saying I didn't deserve my position is an insult. You've been here for roughly only a day, and I've been here for a year. Someone who worked their way up and didn't buy Tmod is arguably a hard worker.

I don't think you realize how we handle stuff here, I cannot ban him without a proper amount of evidence and he'd just make an appeal and get unbanned without evidence. You need to realize how stuff works here, and not call out Staff for what you call "not doing their jobs" I did all I could, and you need to understand that.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(01-02-2017, 01:39 PM)Christian Wrote: Console checking is all I could of done. I've watched Options play in the past, you saying I didn't deserve my position is an insult. You've been here for roughly only a day, and I've been here for a year. Someone who worked their way up and didn't buy Tmod is arguably a hard worker.

I don't think you realize how we handle stuff here, I cannot ban him without a proper amount of evidence and he'd just make an appeal and get unbanned without evidence. You need to realize how stuff works here, and not call out Staff for what you call "not doing their jobs" I did all I could, and you need to understand that.

I have owned and played GMOD for 4 or 5 years, I can assure you I have played on this server before you were even introduced to it, not necessarily daily, or often at all, but over my time on GMOD, there's few I haven't played. But if you want to think so highly of yourself, I have been every staff position you can think off, that includes owning a TTT and DarkRP server years ago. You are a person who relies purely on something else implemented in the game to do your job for you, I can assure you, over how long I have played GMOD, always see something for yourself if its an option. But regardless, as you'll hear, respect is earned. I will not consider you a hard worker just because you have the position of Moderator. As I wouldn't expect you to consider me a hard worker because of my own "achievements."

I understand everything, what I don't understand is how you aren't willing to check yourself  to make sure someone isn't cheating on a server you Moderate, but rely on the anti-cheat itself.
(01-02-2017, 01:26 PM)Red Panda Wrote: Will do, I will record it over with my phone in a day or two. But I did not say he doesn't deserve his position on the fact he won't ban someone without sufficient evidence. I understand its a situation for him in which he needs hard evidence, trust me. But if someone claims another player is hacking, is it not worth taking a look at all? Even if it means you lose 2-3 rounds of playing the game yourself to spectate the victim? He hasn't done anything to help justify my claims, besides checking console (which is nothing really), and even ignored me when I asked if ^3Options had bought a radar during a round, to prove he was wall hacking. Whilst basically making a joke out of my whole claim before I had even made this post. A player on your server (as a staff member) should not have to do a staff members job themselves.
You don't need staff to check if someone bought a radar. Hit F8 at the end of the round and you can see it yourself in the logs. If you owned and managed a gmod server for as long as you say you did, I'm pretty sure you would have a basic understanding of the functions of RDM manager.