Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guns
We recently added some new guns to TTT and changed the way loadouts work.  We've had both complaints and praise for how it's been done, but I'd like a clearer idea of what the community on the whole thinks. 

First, do you like the new guns? Are they balanced? We've tried to have all of them fill some role, but if any are over or underpowered let us know.

Second, what do you think of loadout being replaced with pointshop2? We know there are a few problems with it right now, but what do you think.

I'd like to note we've already responded to some issues raised by the community. First of all, weapons are now far cheaper in the point shop. Most of them have had the price drop by a factor of 10. It was definitely a mistake to have them so expensive and locked off in the first place, and we are sorry about that. Additionally, the premium guns can now be purchased by anyone. You can still buy them with premium points, but they're also available for a moderate amount of regular points. Hopefully that seems okay. 

We are also still working on a few known issues. We know the ARES is pretty loud, and we know that guns don't work on the first round especially if you connect very quickly. We're trying to get these resolved, and ask for patience.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
I personally prefer the F6 loadout option better. That's one of the reasons I love playing here, I go to another server and hate having to play explorer for a good weapon
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
If we found a way for the new Pointshop to let people spawn with full ammo again, I guess the new Pointshop would essentially be the F6 loadout. On certain maps, there's not enough ammo to begin with. Then you have 32 people looking for ammo and you're soon playing a game of look for ammo rather than playing a game of TTT. Just my thoughts.
I like the idea of the pointshop being used as a way to have your weapon loadouts, but I feel like you shouldnt have to pay for them if that makes sense. When you have to pay it becomes more of an advantage to those who have the points compared to those who don't. Thats the only reason I like the F6 loadout option. Im not saying that everyone should be given the weapons, I just believe that if there were a way to earn them, like say by rank, then that would please most people. Its a away to reward those who have time on this server without having to spend points. Thats just my thoughts on it.
I'm fine with the weapons, but the prices need to be fluctuated. Or Weapon cases should be removed.

1 Weapon Key = 10,000
M14 = 14,000 (one of the rarest weapons out of`Major Weapons 2 Crate)

Now not all weapons are in the Premium shop like the Vector, M24 and Bull$hite, but if they can be purchased Key Prices should go up or the actual weapon itself based on the rarity. This can probably be said the same about Models / Hats / Accessories, but that can be discussed in another thread. But I think prices need to be fluctuated based on their rarity out of a crate, otherwise certain crates should be removed.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
The logic behind having the points on the weapons was that you didn't have loadout immediately when joining as a guest. You had to play quite a bit before getting member or master to actually come in with weapons. So it didn't seem unreasonable to have the base guns have price, but a low one.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
Uh The loud noises... you cant hear if some one is spamming a Shrike. (yes i realized it was mentioned, but it is that bad)
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
If all the glitches are hammered out, PS2 should work the same as the F6 loadout so no problems there.

Currently, some of the guns just seem sorta glitched. The Vector has massive recoil. The Ares is way too loud. The HK doesn't work at all (it never spawns in).