Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No legal precedent for VolfVoss
Hey so as a law student I have access to a variety of useful legal research tools. 

After reading VolfVloss's post, it had me pondering on if there was any United States-based jurisprudence or legal precedent (primarily statutory and case law) that he could have used to somehow add even a minute tidbit of validation to his punishment of a minor for engaging in inappropriate acts with an adult. I know this might seem immediately like a moot point, but in especially our more archaic corners of the law, there can be some rather otherworldly reasoning in our courts. 

From my research, I could find no case law, statutes, or regulations that even hinted at the possibility that a minor is due punishment for the actions committed by an adult. I could not even find an eclectic law review article or treatise that even attempted to argue such a stance. 

The whole point of this post is if I was VolfVloss's defense attorney, I do not know what the hell I would argue, other than First Amendment in his defense for his right to espouse unpopular speech. His argument truly is unwinnable. It is something even the out-of-touch United States legal system would not reasonably argue. (Since I did not make it clear, please know that this post is intended to be in support of the community decision with this case) (This post was not intended as a "what if scenario" nor was it intended as a "thought experiment".  

This is a copy of a response I made later for clarification:

I apologize for the poorly worded final two sentences. Folks seem to be hung up on the line, "if I was VolfVoss's defense attorney". What I was trying to emphasize here is that there is no real good defense as to why Voss came to the conclusion that he did. My hypothetical was meant to be rhetorical in nature. My intention with the post was not "ultimately this is what I would do if I was his defense attorney". In essence, it was intended to be a post in support of the community's collective decision to condemn his argument. Unfortunately, my post did not come off the way I had intended.

I had hoped that the knowledge that even in the wider legal community that Voss's argument was deficient would bring further validation to the community decision.
dawg I am so done with talking about that guy

interesting information though, even in a court of law he's still a moron
(04-15-2024, 09:27 AM)Aldig144 Wrote: The whole point of this post is if I was VolfVloss's defense attorney, I do not know what the hell I would argue, other than First Amendment in his defense for his right to espouse unpopular speech. His argument truly is unwinnable. It is something even the out-of-touch United States legal system would not reasonably argue.

I am really trying not to post much as im still "community banned". I respect the gesture, I don't think anyone wants to hear a what if senario of how you or anyone would defend him in court. 
I know I don't want to hear anything about him anymore. We know he would die before he hit the stand (now i feel the need to state for legal reasons this isn't a threat, its a metaphore for losing said case).
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
how is dinks real
there's just no way this community is real
chat, is this real?
Ay big dog

Delete this
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(04-15-2024, 09:36 AM)Deer-ly Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 09:27 AM)Aldig144 Wrote: The whole point of this post is if I was VolfVloss's defense attorney, I do not know what the hell I would argue, other than First Amendment in his defense for his right to espouse unpopular speech. His argument truly is unwinnable. It is something even the out-of-touch United States legal system would not reasonably argue.

I am really trying not to post much as im still "community banned". I respect the gesture, I don't think anyone wants to hear a what if senario of how you or anyone would defend him in court. 
I know I don't want to hear anything about him anymore. We know he would die before he hit the stand (now i feel the need to state for legal reasons this isn't a threat, its a metaphore for losing said case).
I have gathered that this may have been a fairly dumbfounding post in retrospect.  It certainly wasn't my objective to be the cause of any discomfort. This was just my own slightly pretentious way of saying that guys argument sucks. 

If you would like for me to delete this thread or find someone who can please let me know. I understand.
A community ban is not legal action, doesn't even come close and you can't take legal action against a community ban. People have rights to say what they want to the US government if they are a citizen, not to some fuck off forum on the internet. The problem would lie in individuals targeting individuals witch again has nothing to do with how a community conducts itself. I understand what you are trying to say and why, but we all take time out of our lives to get away from every day staff, including government stuff, so not the best place to have a productive conversation on the matter you will just get people mad saying unreasonable things because your talking about something in a space people specifically go to, to not talk about these kinds of topics. Maybe just talk about it and debate it with some class mates with some hypotheticals. All so no one get the wrong idea and dog pile him, anyone who knows what they are doing and wanted to take legal action wouldn't go announce it, every league adviser would jump up and down screaming at you for doing that, you just do it by taking the 1st steep, filling out the paperwork.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
(04-15-2024, 10:07 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote: Maybe just talk about it and debate it with some class mates with some hypotheticals. 

Please do not use my situation as part of a thesis or anything involving your collage/education. 
 Even with made up names and some details changed, I don't want it to be talked about outside of this community in anyway.
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)