Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullying and Harrassment
Bullying and Harrassment

[Image: Cyberbullying-Generic-Photo.pdj_.15.03.1...header.jpg]

In light of recent events, I'd like to voice my own input. No player, staff or not, should ever have to tolerate bullying, exclusion and harrassment on any of the servers. As advertised, the Dinkleberg's servers are supposed to be a fun and friendly environment for anyone of all ages, genders, races, religions and sexual orientations. A freaking bisexual horse from Mars with 3 legs and 2 heads and 3 tentacles coming out of each armpit would be able to join the server and we'd all accept him and make him feel welcome and loved. I've witnessed (and occasionally been a target of) far too many instances of abuse and bullying by the sound of their voice, their accent, religion, race, gender and we need to do more to prevent this. 

Obviously it's impossible to make this server perfect and have this situation perfectly locked down and I respect that. The staff have been working their arses off doing the best they can to prevent abuse within the servers. But more people recently have been pushed aside, feeling excluded, unwanted and unwelcome, simply for just merely being there. And I really think that needs to change. 

A player may be suicidal or just had a shitty day at work or school or something horrible may have happened in their personal life and the Dinkleberg's servers are their way of escaping reality. Being bullied on the server may just be the thing that pushes them over the edge, when we're supposed to be the place that offers a safe haven filled with good friends, hours of laughing so hard that you cry, countless hours of fun. We're supposed to be a big family and family means no-one gets left behind or forgotten, no matter what. 

You never know what someone on the other side of the screen is going through. So please, be kind. 
And whoever is reading this, know that you are loved, there are people who care about you. If you need to talk about anything or get things off your chest, please don't hesitate to message me or anyone who you trust.
Tea and crumpets will always blow my trumpets!

[Image: 28880325-english-crumpets-with-butter-on...jack-m.jpg]

Oddbodd the musical man,
He is musical whenever he can.
With all of these rhymes
that he makes all the time,
Oddbodd the musical man.

well said Odd well said and I do completely agree with you We are working our butts off to keep the community safe and to standards and always making others feel welcomed to the server and often remind newcomers of the rules we have to follow and enforce. we do strive to keep the community a safe fun place to be in and try to grow as well. We do know it can be a struggle and stressful but if we all act as a team Donors, Trusted, Test Mods, Mods, and Admins. We can pull this off and make the community great and make it grow :)
We’ve already had this discussed during the TTT timeline of harassment and bullying. There was a big stink due to this, but I thought EVERY server was involved in the discussion regarding this topic. Guess not.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
This is the internet asking for a safe space on it is like going to a gun show and telling them its a gun free zone... Get what your doing, but in the end of the day if your getting upset over what people are saying and not feeling your best. You should get off server or go offline for a bit and chill. Maybe I don't know who's being pushed aside and whatever since i don't get on that often, but people do try to help at every turn. We had a player come to us awhile ago and request retard/autistic being put on the nono word list with racist and homophobic slurs since he felt offended people were using it on server as insults and we tried cracking down on those words. It's the internet you are going to come across the jackasses.

I could be wrong, but hey its just my opinion.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
ALL harassment claims or acts of bullying brought to the staff's attention are handled accordingly. 

If you are having issues with another player, please contact them directly first and ask them to stop. 
If they continue after being asked to stop, contact a staff member with screenshots or some form of evidence to show that you asked them to stop and they have not. 

Harassment and bullying is not tolerated within the Dinkleberg community. 

This server is intended to be a safe place for players in the community to have fun and relax.

We realize that this is the internet and that shielding you from the world isn't possible, but it is possible to help ease some of the burdens that may get placed upon you within the community by other members. 

I hope all of you will continue to a part of this community as we grow and make adjustments 
(05-08-2019, 05:16 PM)Happy Wrote: This is the internet asking for a safe space on it is like going to a gun show and telling them its a gun free zone... Get what your doing, but in the end of the day if your getting upset over what people are saying and not feeling your best. You should get off server or go offline for a bit and chill. Maybe I don't know who's being pushed aside and whatever since i don't get on that often, but people do try to help at every turn. We had a player come to us awhile ago and request retard/autistic being put on the nono word list with racist and homophobic slurs since he felt offended people were using it on server as insults and we tried cracking down on those words. It's the internet you are going to come across the jackasses.

I could be wrong, but hey its just my opinion.

I get what you mean, I'm just voicing my thoughts after a couple of people, keeping anonymous, felt really excluded because of how they were treated and was even becoming suicidal because of their outside life and they couldn't even join the server without getting shit. I'm ok with it, but just saying on behalf of those who are being targeted.
Tea and crumpets will always blow my trumpets!

[Image: 28880325-english-crumpets-with-butter-on...jack-m.jpg]

Oddbodd the musical man,
He is musical whenever he can.
With all of these rhymes
that he makes all the time,
Oddbodd the musical man.

This is a no Bully, Harassment zone. Only one who gets bullied is Lycan and Tea.
(05-08-2019, 08:38 PM)ritsuneru Wrote: This is a no Bully, Harassment zone. Only one who gets bullied is Lycan and Tea.

and you
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
So, you're telling me cyber bullying and harassment would not be acceptable in this community alone? You would always hear this say "This is the internet, you do whatever you want". Freedom of Speech we currently have, we have the right to say whatever is on our minds. There are countless of moronic arguments over via internet. Nonsense drama, gossip, fights, etc. Now, what has to do with this particular community you or one might say? Well, the Dinkleberg's servers has rules to "prevent it". Not technically the right word to use since it will always happen regardless. Trolls and plain ignorance will occur when it comes to harassment. Personally, if I get harassed either outside of this community or inside of this community, then I would simply ignore it, which should everyone must do. Don't even bother waste your time on them, they wanted attention and drama. Personally, I don't care if I get hated on, profanity being used at me, rascal slurs, such as naming me a spic. It really does not affect me.

I know everyone has different emotions. One can be strong and control their emotion way better than others with weak and unstable emotion. Sure, we do enjoy, tell each other jokes, bullying other fellow staff members or regular players in a friendly way. Pardon my rundown sentences, I'm quite busy as we speak. Just simply remember to be calm whenever these situation occurs in near future. If you're emotionally unstable, just don't use the internet for a hour or so, take a relax time. There's no need to continue when you're harassed. Take care.
[Image: 076.png]
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]