Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proper's Discord Staff Application
Discord Name: proper

Discord ID: proper#8300 (there is a knife emoji in my name but the forum isn't agreeing with the emoji unicode)

When First Joined(Estimate): June 22 2019

What can you do to help the discord community: About 80% of my freetime is dedicated to talking in a lot of Discord servers, Dinkleberg's being one of the ones I check frequently. I am almost always available throughout the day to assist people, and the only times where I am not available are those short spans of about 3-4 hours when I'm at work and don't have access to a phone right away. In addition to being active and accessible, I am a very reasonable person. I have a reputation for being a troll in this community, which is valid because I do shitpost and meme and troll. However, my ability to recognize my own actions and have an honest discussion about them (something I've done pretty frequently with several community members at this point) would make me a pretty reasonable person. This would aid me in effectively and fairly resolving any Discord issues that may arise. Of course, in acknowledging my status as a troll, this would require me to be honest with myself and the people reading this: will I continue to troll as a staff member? Obviously, the short answer is no. I have been in an admin position before (the equivalent to an Admin position here, which was called Commander) in which I worked with a small team of people to manage a relatively popular Jailbreak server. Our job(s) were to maintain and oversee a staff team of up to 40 people, work on improving the team/server whenever necessary, handle ban appeals, and make large, impactful decisions in order to best benefit the server. I was pretty good at this job, and maintained a professional relationship with everybody in the community. So, I am fully capable of being a regular, helpful staff member as well as a community member. I believe that my previous posts on this forum would contribute a bit better to proving that than just saying I once held a management position. As it stands right now, I see discord situations - usually quite minor - getting mishandled, handled too late, or not being handled at all. There is more behind-the-scenes than a regular discord user can see, but there should be more action on the surface so that other discord members can see that if you break a rule you WILL be punished. The current system, though still being worked on, doesn't do enough to serve the users of Discord imo. Beyond that, I don't think that the Discord staff are very proactive in what they do. I can't speak for what all they work on and what they do, so I won't try to pretend that I am all-knowledgeable of it; but I know that there is a lot of mishap and it's disappointing to see from a community perspective rather than a staff perspective. Sometimes it may feel that they are using their role as Discord staff to benefit themselves before benefiting the community, which is largely concerning. So, I believe I offer a new perspective to this, and I also believe I would be able to right the wrongs I feel exist. If nothing else, maybe I will be proven wrong, but I would rather be wrong than be right about this.

Why you want to help the discord community: Idiots telling me to apply for staff because I won't stop bitching about Discord staff not doing enough to resolve situations of rule-breaking.

Other:
[Image: t0WKa2w.png]

[Image: Su8a5oz.png]

[Image: m5zMwmC.png]
[Image: d93.png]
+1 
She's on frequently,  we need more people in Discord Committee. She's blunt and honest.

I stand behind the suggestion to have Proper as Discord Committee/Moderator 
+1 proper is a bold person, but can tell the difference between what is people having fun and people breaking the rules and bothering people. Would make a good discord staff in my not-so-humble opinion (bc im milkman and im the best person in the server)
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
-1 I’d like to see that maturity /before/ applying to staff. As is the discord already has too much trolling and some real issues go on that are not dealt with, and that’s with current staff members who applied for the position.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
-1 you cause more issues than you solve you seem to have a habit of targeting certain people in the discord even admitting to targeting rits so she would lash out
(10-25-2019, 10:02 AM)Meeemo Wrote: -1 you cause more issues than you solve you seem to have a habit of targeting certain people in the discord even admitting to targeting rits so she would lash out

Who do I target?
[Image: d93.png]
-99 extra emotional and bad troll
Nah shawty, banned 3 weeks ago. 

We good luv, enjoy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

4 bans on record for harassment and hate speech against various groups of people. You instigate arguments and debates all the time over petty stuff that shouldn't be argued about anyways. Continued arguments with staff when several people tell you to stop. Making snarky comments unnecessarily all the time as well.

Your reason for applying for staff: 'Idiots telling me to apply for staff because I won't stop bitching about Discord staff not doing enough . . .'
(10-25-2019, 09:05 PM)Herp Wrote: -1,

4 bans on record for harassment and hate speech against various groups of people. You instigate arguments and debates all the time over petty stuff that shouldn't be argued about anyways. Continued arguments with staff when several people tell you to stop. Making snarky comments unnecessarily all the time as well.

Your reason for applying for staff: 'Idiots telling me to apply for staff because I won't stop bitching about Discord staff not doing enough . . .'

-1ing someone for those reasons is fine, but don't bash other people for seeing things differently than you. Uncalled for and rude.

As for my opinion on this, I'm going to stay neutral on this one. 

Positive things I have seen: you are getting better at differentiating when it is time to joke and when it is not. And have become more mature since you originally joined dinks.

Negative things I have seen that I would advise you work on: abiding by the rules is a big part of any leadership role. How can you enforce rules that you yourself do not follow? Getting bans for breaking rules doesn't shed a very good light on an application.

I respect Gabe and Voss very much so I took their possible views on things into consideration. I believe anyone can improve and grow, some need more time and more growth than others before they will truly be ready for a leadership role.

Best of luck to you