Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addition to the prop menu
The tpose (Old man) should be in the prop menu.
While it would be sick, it's not as easy as just adding another prop to the menu, since with that, you can easily utilize the code already built into the gamemode for changing into a prop:
Code:
if pl:Team() == TEAM_PROPS && pl:IsOnGround() && !pl:Crouching() && table.HasValue(USABLE_PROP_ENTITIES, ent:GetClass()) && ent:GetModel() then
        if table.HasValue(BANNED_PROP_MODELS, ent:GetModel()) then
            pl:ChatPrint("That prop has been banned by the server.")
        elseif ent:GetPhysicsObject():IsValid() && pl.ph_prop:GetModel() != ent:GetModel() then
             (do a bunch of shit)
        end

However, there's no way to reverse that, as in there's no built in function you can just call to turn you back into a tpose, and you would have to write your own. This isn't impossible of course, but lua kinda sucks and software development takes time and effort.

The closest alternative I can come up with is to add the corpse model that's on awesomebuilding, albeit that is significantly lamer.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(12-12-2019, 10:28 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: While it would be sick, it's not as easy as just adding another prop to the menu, since with that, you can easily utilize the code already built into the gamemode for changing into a prop:
Code:
if pl:Team() == TEAM_PROPS && pl:IsOnGround() && !pl:Crouching() && table.HasValue(USABLE_PROP_ENTITIES, ent:GetClass()) && ent:GetModel() then
        if table.HasValue(BANNED_PROP_MODELS, ent:GetModel()) then
            pl:ChatPrint("That prop has been banned by the server.")
        elseif ent:GetPhysicsObject():IsValid() && pl.ph_prop:GetModel() != ent:GetModel() then
            (do a bunch of shit)
       end

However, there's no way to reverse that, as in there's no built in function you can just call to turn you back into a tpose, and you would have to write your own. This isn't impossible of course, but lua kinda sucks and software development takes time and effort.

The closest alternative I can come up with is to add the corpse model that's on awesomebuilding, albeit that is significantly lamer.

There's a new prop menu on the server where it just has a list of props, not like before where it was based on what map and where you were. It might be possible with now to just add the kleiner prop to it if it's just a list of models.
(12-13-2019, 12:00 AM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 10:28 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: (snip)
There's a new prop menu on the server where it just has a list of props, not like before where it was based on what map and where you were. It might be possible with now to just add the kleiner prop to it if it's just a list of models.

You could do that pretty easy, but you wouldn't have the same camera position and jump height as a freshly spawned Kleiner. Far from a big deal, I'm sure people wouldn't care, but you wouldn't be getting the authentic Kleiner experience.

Of course everyone want's to rest assured knowing that when they turn into a Kleiner, they're getting the most authentic Kleiner experience possible Cool
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
just abuse unstuck to respawn or get an exploit spot 4head
The prop menu actually still pulls from the map, but it's just a more updated version of the one we used to have. More things appear because it's not b o r k e d

i didnt do it either i swear

but im in support of a kleiner look alike prop being added for all maps so ill leave it open for more opinions
Just like nicol didn't delete our ban request procedure thread? That's wild man

But yeah pulling the model and adding to the shop menu should be feasible.
Writing a way to go back might not be hard depending on how you want to trigger it, although im not sure how you would actually add it to the server. That part might be a pain

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(12-13-2019, 07:39 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Just like nicol didn't delete our ban request procedure thread? That's wild man

But yeah pulling the model and adding to the shop menu should be feasible.
Writing a way to go back might not be hard depending on how you want to trigger it, although im not sure how you would actually add it to the server. That part might be a pain

i'll delete you I swear to god
[Image: b_560x95.png]