Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keypad binding
Well you are the PH admin
Also capable of updating messages regardless of who posted

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(08-07-2019, 06:28 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: What I recommend, possibly delete this one. Move either this one or the old one into guides and information while locking it after a week or locking the old one immediately upon moving it.

I would probably prefer this one to be moved since an active staff member has the information and would most likely be able to answer questions or concerns compared to a now absent member of the community.

No can do. Center aligned posts are prohibited.
Need Acts to work on TTT now
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
Can we all just appreciate the kind gesture and not be negative?
(08-07-2019, 09:03 PM)TheAloneOne Wrote: Can we all just appreciate the kind gesture and not be negative?

No

(08-07-2019, 06:43 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Well you are the PH admin
Also capable of updating messages regardless of who posted

Well I wanted to see what Voss and others wanted to do instead of me just forcing things on people especially since it was just a copy of someone else's thread.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
So pretty late with this reply but below are a couple text files (Credit to Russ) that can be used to keep your binds organized. They work kind of like quick chats. By default they toggle through different presets with the down arrow. The BinderDance binds the numpad to different dance acts and BinderStaff binds the numpad to different staff binds etc. If you go into the files you can add and remove binds.

Put the below files in the cfg folder (steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/cfg)

If you would like to add another preset create a new .cfg file formatted the same way as the others and input your new binds be sure to link this one to the first preset and the second one to the new one. They should all feed into each other otherwise the loop will not be complete. This is done at the bottom in the (bind DOWNARROW "exec <name of next file in loop") line

If you dislike cycling through the presets you can change the bottom line to bind each preset to a different key.

Be careful when adding binds that you do not unbind your toggle key.

These are not autoexec so you will have to call them each time you launch the game with “exec <filename>” in console. Don’t include .cfg in the file name. This also means if you mess something up relaunch gmod and the files will no longer be active in game.

If you do not want to type this in each time you launch the game you can put “exec <filename>” in the autoexec file.

Presets can be made independent of each other for example above are presets that change the uses of the numpad but you can change the use of the mouse wheel by having another set of presets with one file setting the mousewheel to spam impulse 100 and another that does +jump etc.

As a reminder putting // on a line makes that line into a comment that is not read by the computer.

Again to implement this go to the cfg folder (steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/cfg) right click, create a new text document paste the binds inside, save as BinderDance.cfg or BinderStaff.cfg (You can save it as something else but you will need to change the bottom line to the new name so that it can be called) and leave/set the file type as all.

https://pastebin.com/kbHqNnYv - Staff Binds
https://pastebin.com/h9hBEh6F - Dance Acts

(Edit I have a get away with Necro Free Pass but I dont want to post it) Added by nuru; I approved this post.
(01-18-2020, 05:58 PM)Mantis Wrote: So pretty late with this reply but below are a couple text files (Credit to Russ) that can be used to keep your binds organized. They work kind of like quick chats. By default they toggle through different presets with the down arrow. The BinderDance binds the numpad to different dance acts and BinderStaff binds the numpad to different staff binds etc. If you go into the files you can add and remove binds.

Put the below files in the cfg folder (steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/cfg)

If you would like to add another preset create a new .cfg file formatted the same way as the others and input your new binds be sure to link this one to the first preset and the second one to the new one. They should all feed into each other otherwise the loop will not be complete. This is done at the bottom in the (bind DOWNARROW "exec <name of next file in loop") line

If you dislike cycling through the presets you can change the bottom line to bind each preset to a different key.

Be careful when adding binds that you do not unbind your toggle key.

These are not autoexec so you will have to call them each time you launch the game with “exec <filename>” in console. Don’t include .cfg in the file name. This also means if you mess something up relaunch gmod and the files will no longer be active in game.

If you do not want to type this in each time you launch the game you can put “exec <filename>” in the autoexec file.

Presets can be made independent of each other for example above are presets that change the uses of the numpad but you can change the use of the mouse wheel by having another set of presets with one file setting the mousewheel to spam impulse 100 and another that does +jump etc.

As a reminder putting // on a line makes that line into a comment that is not read by the computer.

Again to implement this go to the cfg folder (steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/cfg) right click, create a new text document paste the binds inside, save as BinderDance.cfg or BinderStaff.cfg (You can save it as something else but you will need to change the bottom line to the new name so that it can be called) and leave/set the file type as all.

https://pastebin.com/kbHqNnYv - Staff Binds
https://pastebin.com/h9hBEh6F - Dance Acts

(Edit I have a get away with Necro Free Pass but I dont want to post it) Added by nuru; I approved this post.

To add onto this, if you have anything bound to the numpad, this config will destroy it and replace it with its own contents. I encourage you to look through what the config is doing before you activate it, and if you have any doubts, all bindings are stored in config.cfg, so just back that up in case anything is damaged.

This topology also works with any other combination of keys. Please experiment!
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(08-07-2019, 01:23 AM)Mr Voss Wrote:
This is a copy and paste of the original thread  from nearly a year ago. There's been several people who have asked about binding your keypad so here's the simple way to do it: 

1) Press ~ on your keyboard
2) Type bind <any key listed below
 - Example: bind KP_INS "say Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
3) Press enter[/list]

Numpad 0 - KP_INS
Numpad 1 - KP_END
Numpad 2 - KP_DOWNARROW
Numpad 3 - KP_PGDN
Numpad 4 - KP_LEFTARROW
Numpad 5 - KP_5
Numpad 6 - KP_RIGHTARROW
Numpad 7 - KP_HOME
Numpad 8 - KP_UPARROW
Numpad 9 - KP_PGUP
Numpad Dot or . - KP_DEL
Numpad ENTER - KP_ENTER
Numpad + - KP_PLUS
Numpad - - KP_MINUS
Numpad * - KP_MULTIPLY
Numpad / - KP_SLASH
Numpad next to Slash - KP_NUMLOCK

Shout out to Kasumi that made this a year ago, it's been a big help. 

Edit: I have sent out the link to the original numerous amounts of times and thought it would be good to bring this knowledge to light from an active member in the community. I understand each of your points of view and what you're saying, this post was entirely intended to benefit the community and not violate the necro rule/guideline. 

List of Emotes

act agree – Your character does a simple thumbs up.
act becon – Your character does a beckoning hand gesture.
act bow – Your character does a simple 45° bow.
act cheer – Your character waves their hands around in the air.
act dance – Your character does a slow, circular dance.
act disagree – Your character does a hand gesture meaning, “no”.
act forward – Your character points forward.
act group – Your character does a gesture telling everyone to get together.
act halt – Your character slightly raises their hand.
act laugh – Your character laughs. Quite self-explanatory by the title.
act muscle – Your character flexes their muscles.
act pers – Your character makes a pose which expresses shock.
act robot – Your character makes robotic, slow movement.
act salute – Your character, well, salutes.
act wave – Your character waves.
act zombie – Your characters arms swing up into the air and flop straight down.
Another main question is how do you move and dance at the same time... You can click here for that.