Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to: Rant
(01-30-2020, 01:56 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 12:43 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: The vocal minority is always trying to say some stupid shit while a majority of the community doesn’t give a fuck about the crying and bitching and moaning. Stop writing essays and focus on another hobby if the admins piss you off that much. You aren’t always gonna get your way by complaining about it, make a positive difference instead of trying to pressure people into situations.

There is a large difference between complaining to complain, and complaining because a community you care about is slowly dying. There's only so much people can do when the owner is inactive and there are numerous problems throughout the community. Sure you can go ahead and focus on another hobby, but don't shit on people for actually trying to give a fuck about an online community.

Why not just be patient & wait till Dink is done with school??? Or ready to come back and address issues? Shit doesn’t have to be done overnight. The community isn’t dying and it’s not going to explode. This isn’t everyone’s life and people just want to have fun IRL without the stress of an online community? Message dink and wait for him to get back to you. It’s worked for me instead of the passive aggressive bullshit that is always send to his dms.
(01-30-2020, 04:28 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: Why not just be patient & wait till Dink is done with school??? Or ready to come back and address issues? Shit doesn’t have to be done overnight. The community isn’t dying and it’s not going to explode. This isn’t everyone’s life and people just want to have fun IRL without the stress of an online community? Message dink and wait for him to get back to you. It’s worked for me instead of the passive aggressive bullshit that is always send to his dms.

It's not about us being impatient. It's about the fact that there are a lot of issues in the community that can be solved by a leader. Nobody here is expecting dink to be on the server everyday, but at this point we barely hear from him. I get that people have outside lives, so do I. It's the fact that he's the leader and owner of this community and he barely interacts with it. Everyone is allowed time away from the server, I get that, but again, he's the owner. He's the only one who can really do anything related to files, settings, etc. That's why many are calling for a new co-owner.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(01-30-2020, 04:28 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: Why not just be patient & wait till Dink is done with school???

Just popping in here, but Dink has "been at school" since 2016. He's inactive as hell, and the only time that fact has changed is when something goes terribly wrong that directly risks the destruction of this server. It's how it is, and I'm assuming it's how is always going to be.
(01-30-2020, 05:01 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 04:28 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: Why not just be patient & wait till Dink is done with school??? Or ready to come back and address issues? Shit doesn’t have to be done overnight. The community isn’t dying and it’s not going to explode. This isn’t everyone’s life and people just want to have fun IRL without the stress of an online community? Message dink and wait for him to get back to you. It’s worked for me instead of the passive aggressive bullshit that is always send to his dms.

It's not about us being impatient. It's about the fact that there are a lot of issues in the community that can be solved by a leader. Nobody here is expecting dink to be on the server everyday, but at this point we barely hear from him. I get that people have outside lives, so do I. It's the fact that he's the leader and owner of this community and he barely interacts with it. Everyone is allowed time away from the server, I get that, but again, he's the owner. He's the only one who can really do anything related to files, settings, etc. That's why many are calling for a new co-owner.

Ok who should be co-owner then since the admins are virtually being called incompetent of being a leader by the same people who always complain
(01-30-2020, 05:14 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: Ok who should be co-owner then since the admins are virtually being called incompetent of being a leader by the same people who always complain

People here have suggested people, but the only one who can make that decision is Dink himself. This thread isn't meant to shit on anyone. It's a call to Dink that things need to be changed. The admins aren't incompetent and are doing everything they can do. People who are complaining about the admins really should be complain about the lack of central leadership. The admins can only do so much when their leader is absent 90% of the time. If you actually read the thread instead of just shitting on people for wanting simple change, then you'd know this. This is the last of the argument I will be in to avoid filling the thread with useless arguments. I encourage you to do the same.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(01-30-2020, 05:14 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote:

Ok who should be co-owner then since the admins are virtually being called incompetent of being a leader by the same people who always complain

While I frown that it’s turned to more of an argument, there’s a point to be made. Can’t have admins being all bad and then say one needs to be a coowner. It isn’t a fix all button, we’ve seen that by now.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(01-30-2020, 05:26 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 05:14 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote:

While I frown that it’s turned to more of an argument, there’s a point to be made. Can’t have admins being all bad and then say one needs to be a coowner. It isn’t a fix all button, we’ve seen that by now.

This is ranting thread correct? So I can rant about the people complaining correct? It seems if you don’t push a certain agenda and don’t go against dink then you are a problem is what I’m understanding. I hear a lot of complaining but no actual step by step solution to a problem.
Burrito, if you have anything of actual substance to add, please do so. Otherwise, you're doing nothing but being toxic and it isn't necessary.
I’m discontinuing the reply
But did you read the replies, or even the initial post? Or the posts on the abuse thread?
For one I thought I was actually agreeing with you about coowner not being a solve all when everyone wants to say admins aren’t active/competent enough but I guess not. The initial post lays out several issues and documents or opinions on how they should be addressed. Many of the follow up posts do the same, or at the least rant issues they see with the server/community.
In complaining about complaining two of your posts have been self contradictory. Not to mention a lack of solution that you’re stating should be in the posts...

Anyways
For the level of knowledge needed to be a coowner just by what dink wants and the level of activity and leadership expected of the community, there really is not a good candidate at this time. Either the admin is too busy irl or suffering from burnout. Can’t really say one needs to be a coowner if the community is calling the whole group on inactivity. Make one argument or the other bc they contradict.

Well in reading back that’s pretty much a rephrase of what ive said before so I’ll state that it’s not a viable option at this time. For the moment I’m far more worried about the combined inactivity of admins and the reasons for it, along with the declining number of staff members. Community toxicity towards staff has grown. It’s also in how people treat each other outside of server related issues. The discord used to be a place for conversation for all members, now it gets buried bc “hacker in ph” or the damn clown emoji so that individuals get some attention. The forums have the same threads popping up with issues that never get addressed. There are very few individuals who think that nothing is wrong.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Just to continue off of my rant that I posted a few days ago take a look at this

I wish I could say this has happened only a couple times, but this takes place every other time at least. When a person resigns from staff but still has their rank days, weeks, and/or months later. No one except Dink can do anything about it even though it should have been taken care of already. Him giving ranks to people has been less of an issue, but sometimes we find out months down the road that he, despite sometimes acknowledging us but most of the time not, that we have a person who still has their rank. This is just one of the many things we cannot do but makes us look dumb as hell when someone gets on.

I understand why we do not have access to giving people staff ranks. An admin going rogue demoting or just handing out ranks would be screwed up, but this task takes not even 30 seconds to do since Dink can do it from his phone. Two minutes tops if we do not give him other than the person's name and no steam ID.

This would not be an issue in most cases but if we had it so that someone needed their staff rank removed for abusing privileges, a former upset moderator or test mod could do a lot of damage before Dink could handle the situation rank wise.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army