Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving this a try
I honestly would do anything it takes to become more involved with this community. I have said I was going to resign but I was told to please re-think about this. I  did and now I want to show my worth to this community on any level. I was accepted by so many people into the community and I want to show how I am a good benefit towards this community. I do care and I wish people would see that I am.

Just for the record I did not make my own server. My good friend did and he offered my co-owner. I accepted and it literally hasn't gotten anywhere. It's a dead end.
I was in the middle of tying something lengthy, but other people seemed to have covered a good majority of it. I agree with all of what Avi, Travis, and Dong have said fo far. So I'm not going to touch the ph issues and other stuff. I'm just going to add one thing.

What I will add though is that a lot of pressure comes with the job of Moderator, on any server. From what I've seen, you do not do well under pressure. Every time I have seen a report on you/something negative/something not going your way, you would try to get the thread locked rather than confronting the issue. That's something that definitely can't happen as Moderator, let alone staff even. Another thing I've seen is that somethings you could tend to make a big deal out of something so small and blowing it out of proportion.

I think you need a while to work on all of these things before becoming a Moderator.
As being a newer member to the community and meeting Ginger within the past 48+ hours I have both met Ginger and seen her in action on the servers. With my experience of meeting and playing with Ginger I feel that she would make a good fit for the moderator position seeing that she does not hand out any discipline with no reasoning, she always give more than enough verbal warning via in-game voice chat and text chat, and if the offender does not cease breaking the rules then she distributes disciplinary action to that person with reasonable levels of action. Along with her action against rule breakers, her interaction with other players on the server she is a kind and reasonable person who you can easily make friends with, as did I, she has been nothing but kind and accepting to me and I give it back since she has been so nice to me and accepted me as a new person welcoming me into the community with open arms.

-HeyItsKevin
In my personal opinion, the role of Moderator, on any server, is for the staff to show, "Hey, these are the best staff members we have currently. This is our future". I do not think that you are ready for this step. I've heard many murmurs of many things that have happened under your 'reign' and I do not feel as though it's befitting to the title of Moderator. Clean up your act, then this can of course change in the future. As for now, from a pure outsider's perspective, I'm hecca against it. You just aren't ready.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Honestly, Ginger is doing her best to enforce the rules. She is not being toxic. I have gotten on numerous times to hear people being rude and disrespectful to her when she was only trying to be helpful. I have not heard her be toxic to anyone. She gives everyone a warning when they break the rules. She obeys the rules to every detail. She makes sure murder is fun for everyone and to include again... She herself, obeys and enforces the rules that way anyone and everyone can have fun.
I have not been on murder hardly at all, however there have been multiple times where people have gotten on prop hunt after being on murder complaining about how they were treated on murder by you. Please work on how you act towards other players and how you use your staff powers. Until then, i'm going to have to give you a -1.
It's been a very, very long time since I've actually talked or played with you, but I will voice my concerns. It seems like everything you do involving the community is behind a closed door, be it with people in private or with Dinkleberg/Dirty Dan, and I don't like it. It seems like not many people outside your circle want you to be staff, yet you're a Test Mod. How? This is the first time you've ever "applied" for staff, and you're applying for Moderator, the highest rank someone can ever reasonably apply for.

It's extremely concerning how the community has had zero push regarding your position in the servers, and to be honest, I'm a little scared of having someone in that kind of social position to have ban power.

Another thing that's extremely concerning is that if I don't put this extra sentence here, my DMs are going to be lit up with your name in about five minutes, and you're going to tell me something about whatever, and I'll go ask someone else and get a completely different statement. That's whats been happening with you and another community member for the entire month of March with me as a middleman, and quite frankly, that shouldn't happen.
So apparently it is the custom to do your first post on the forum on this thread so here we go.  From the nature of the responses present on this thread, there seems to be an inbalance between the opinions of season veterans and newly join members in the community.  I do not know if this is due to the lack of experience between the new players and the applicant, or if there was a recent change of heart, But the words of the seasoned players seems to indicate there is a past from this applicant that seems to have been detrimental towards their image.

This does not state that a person can change nor does it state that they can't. It would have to be evident through interactions and different circumstances being presented to the person while others witnessed their reactions.  Much of this can not be done through a very short amount of time.  I still would agree with the reigning staff members seeing that she does have a ban on record on another community server 3 months ago to the date.  Also the evidence of you deciding to leave the community for a higher position on a "dead end server" (under your words) then to crawl back to the Dinkleberg's to obtain a position that will actually have an impact on a playerbase seems a little out there and needs to be taken into account. Given my past being an admin for an ever so popular prophunt server a few years ago.  I have seen many people that have tried to rush their way into a position of power to try and feel above and wanted which eventually leads to a burning ending that leaves a poor and sour taste in everyones mouth. 

I personally would ask the applicant to wait longer after said ban and attempt to repair relations with all of those that seem to have a bad image towards the applicant to prove the change and THEN reapply.  But im just a newbie so you dont need to take my word as law!  :D

EDIT: SORRY I forgot to leave a rating... I agree with the staff on this one. -1 Try and improve your image first.
From my experience on Murder I notice you tend to be aggressive to people and anyone who has the slightest grievance  with you and any criticism someone gives you, you tend not to take criticism very well and if you arent able to handle criticism you honestly should even be staff because its something we all have to deal with. Hell it took me awhile to get staff because people thought i was quick to anger and couldn't handle it. Being a moderator is a big role and I just dont think you are ready yet until you can show people in the community that our outside of your friend group that you are ready for this position.
Hey Ginger,

So I'm gonna be honest with you, and everyone else here. I can't comment on how you act in Murder and I won't pretend to have experience with playing with you lately, particularly on Murder.

However. I DO have experience with you in other areas of the community. I never had any "beef" with you or whatever you wanna call it. You were perfectly nice & polite to me when I joined the community, heck I even chatted with you in my free time and thought you were a pretty chill person - probably would have considered us friends. I saw that other people had issues with you but I had never experienced any of this first hand so I left it alone and treated you as I always had. You were nice to me, so I was nice to you. That was that.

And then. I became a Regular on PH, made some more friends & even found myself a boyfriend - and this is where issues started. When he & I started dating your attitude became very very negative toward me. I don't think it's any secret that you two don't get along, but the fact that that influenced the way you treated me is quite frankly unacceptable.

I know I don't play on Murder but to be honest I would not feel comfortable having someone who treats people like shit based off of the goings on of their personal lives in a position of such power. I also feel like it's worth noting that one of the main reasons I haven't come to play Murder is knowing that the way you staff isn't exactly friendly toward PH common players.

Y'all are probably gonna think I've made this too personal, which is fair, but I think it's important to take more than just server abilities into consideration for such a high position. Moderator has too much power not to. If you are to succeed in such a position you need to be able to treat people with respect regardless of their personal lives. I never had any issues with you until you had them with me.