Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonic is blue soooooo
Honestly I've been struggling to determine my vote here cause you have been doing well in some areas but I feel you have room to improve more, honestly I think you are close to getting T-Mod but I have a few concerns. One is what Abdel said above about afk, now I haven't heard this first hand but its concerning to hear this about a staff member, especially since people will expect more from a T-Mod than Trusted. 

The second thing is something I've noticed which is confidence/understanding of some of the rules. You've asked questions, which is a good thing, always ask if your unsure, however some of them were more basic rules that are stated in the MOTD so I feel you should take some time to understand them a little better without having a delay in possible punishment waiting for another staff to answer. 

The third is time. Yes I know you say Game Tracker isn't being accurate, and I know its hasn't been for like the last week for my profile, they have been having server outages so I'll give you that one. Before that time I am willing to better believe that time though. I know we've talked before about play time and my recommendation is about an hour or so a day and not everyday. That in my opinion is a decent time set. Also when looking for a way out of server I like to see when the server is calm enough for me to safely leave or if I need to go just ask for another staff and say you have to leave. Bottom line I think you should try to get more consistent time over the 30 day period. 

Other than that I have not had enough time on server with you to see how you handle other areas of staffing, but in the time I've been on, you do seem to have a good attitude. You've been active in discord and been willing to help when you can. Bottom line from me, I think you are very close, just work on your confidence and understanding of the rules, any afk time you have on server, and a more consistent play time, just don't overdo it, trust me its not good for you. I honestly don't want to put a -1 but I really feel T-Mod is about more confidence and good decision making on the fly. But I do believe that you can do it Slash, I can see the potential in you, so if this does fail I expect to see another one!
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

Well this one is tough so I'll try and keep this short. Whenever staff on call gets pinged you are always on quickly and usually the first one to respond in those scenarios. The problem is you leave really quickly and are not on long enough so there will typically be others within quick succession (most of which don't do anything too bad). You handle whoever is on quickly, which I do appreciate, but also do try and stay on for a bit longer and also try and interact with people on the forums a bit more. Other than that I do not see other glaring issues. I'm gonna say +0, but please do try to interact more on the forums.
Between you and everyone else saying your playtime is different, I don't know what's actually true, but I'd like to quickly say that if you're getting on the server and you're just not getting into it and zoning out half the time to do something else, just leave. Being on the server when you don't WANT to be on the server is the #1 worst thing you can ever do to yourself as a staff member, and it's how you start hating the job. It's so much better to just not be on as much or just say "No" to someone asking you to get on when you don't want to, and wait until you're actually in the mood to do your thing, than it is to get on the server just because someone asked you to and have a sour feeling in your stomach and rather be doing something else.

Good luck on the application, you've got what it takes :>
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
I wanna thank everyone for the feedback you have given me and I plan on working on all of it right away. About me going AFK, I never go AFK on server. When I get on, I put everything else aside and focus solely on the server. It is possible that some people believe I am AFK when I am trying to catch a ghost or hacker because I try to give the suspect the impression that I am AFK so I can catch them. I never do go AFK and never plan on it but I am glad that this has been brought to my attention so that I can show the people on the server that I am there and not AFK so they can ask if they need any help. Thank you again
[Image: lDo6UQl.png]
[Image: fkzTG3C.jpeg]
Just to somewhat vouch for slash he is one of the staff I most commonly see when I'm playing on the server. Whenever slash has got on to assist the server he has stayed around and been active for the duration of the time that he was on. He has also dealt with trouble makers efficiently and effectively before departing, admittedly he does tend to stay for only a map maybe two at most before departing. Anyways I wish to remain neutral to further formulate an opinion so will give you a +0.
Hey Slash.
So I'll get down to it, I think you still need more time. Currently I have only seen you get on when there is an issue, you take care of the issue and then get back off. I dont think thats a great way to play. You should be getting on to have fun, play with friends, getting to know new players, as well as staffing. Dont let being staff suck all the fun out the game.
Now for the AFK bit, I dont know about this break you took and I dont know when it was but I know I have witnessed you being AFK during moments of unrest. I was harassed by players for multiple rounds and nothing was done for some time by the staff. Another time was when I and another player offered to team-switch in order to balance out a very uneven map, we asked over VC and chat multiple times with no response from any staff for an entire round with no response. We switched and we were hit with "no team switching" binds immediately by you and other staff. When these complaints were brought up you said you were tabbed out or in a call and didn't hear or notice. I am not saying these actions were all on you, other staff were on but you were a part of the group.
This may have been before your break (idk about your break bc I am new to staff and didnt have access to that knowledge) and I believe that you have become more attentive even though I haven't played with you for very long recently but I think you still need more. I also believe that you have a lot more to learn before becoming TMod, and I think you can totally do it but give yourself more time to learn.
So I say get on, play, and have more interaction with the community (have some fun so you dont become spiteful of the game). I know some of what I have said has already been told to you but I had to say my share. I know you can totally get this all figured out are doing a good job already, just give it more time and I will gladly give you that + next time.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

(05-11-2020, 02:44 PM)unfortunatepossum Wrote: -1
Hey Slash.
          So I'll get down to it, I think you still need more time. Currently I have only seen you get on when there is an issue, you take care of the issue and then get back off. I dont think thats a great way to play. You should be getting on to have fun, play with friends, getting to know new players, as well as staffing. Dont let being staff suck all the fun out the game.
          Now for the AFK bit, I dont know about this break you took and I dont know when it was but I know I have witnessed you being AFK during moments of unrest. I was harassed by players for multiple rounds and nothing was done for some time by the staff. Another time was when I and another player offered to team-switch in order to balance out a very uneven map, we asked over VC and chat multiple times with no response from any staff for an entire round with no response. We switched and we were hit with "no team switching" binds immediately by you and other staff. When these complaints were brought up you said you were tabbed out or in a call and didn't hear or notice. I am not saying these actions were all on you, other staff were on but you were a part of the group.
        This may have been before your break (idk about your break bc I am new to staff and didnt have access to that knowledge) and I believe that you have become more attentive even though I haven't played with you for very long recently but I think you still need more. I also believe that you have a lot more to learn before becoming TMod, and I think you can totally do it but give yourself more time to learn.
          So I say get on, play, and have more interaction with the community (have some fun so you dont become spiteful of the game). I know some of what I have said has already been told to you but I had to say my share. I know you can totally get this all figured out are doing a good job already, just give it more time and I will gladly give you that + next time.
I remember those two instances and those were around the time I had just gotten staff. I apologize for back then when I was not attentive enough to help. Also, for anyone who may want to know about my aforementioned break. It was around a week or two ago because I had just lost my great-grandmother. I took a bit of time off server to relax myself and recuperate. Thank you for the feedback and I hope I can improve using it.
[Image: lDo6UQl.png]
[Image: fkzTG3C.jpeg]
bump
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
So this one does have some mixed feeling from most people including me. I would rather have people, including myself, and you think that you are confident and capable of having the role as to help out more and not just to maybe have a higher rank. With ghosters and hackers, you do not need to pretend to be afk to catch them. You can achieve the same results by just playing the game and make it look like you have not noticed them rather than trying to convince them and also other players on the server, that you are pretending to be afk. I think that is a communication item that you can work on.

For right now, I am denying your staff application for tmod. The earliest you may reapply is June 16, 2020.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army