Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the feels man...
So in this thread I just wanna talk about what's going on in my life and how I'm currently feeling, So as you know from my last thread "My story and New beginning's" I have a girlfriend that I had met through online gaming, and awhile back ago, I travelled to go see her for the first time and ended up staying the month with her (which was planned don't worry also my itinerary was insane took 2 days for me to travel all the way there) but by the time I got back home the pandemic Covid-19 had gotten worse and stores we're closing and people were losing jobs, which has now put me in a predicament as of today because when I had left to see my gf, I had quit my job (bosses were terrible and had already tried firing me in the first 5 month's) to go see her thinking I could just get a job when I get back home, but nope Covid happened and now I can't even claim anything from the government, which brings the problem, I have today (because as of yesterday some stores are now reopening) which is I don't know what I want to do and where I want to work, like my current profession is Line Cook, I have 6-7 years of culinary experience, I've done dishwashing, line cooking, and even supervising and managing an entire kitchen, but I'm not sure I want to do my profession anymore, it's very stressful and your bosses are always constantly watching you no matter what you're doing and I don't really want the stress anymore, but that's the problem I have no idea what to do I've never done anything else ever other than cook, and it sucks because all I want to do is get a job make money and save enough to go see my gf, I love her to death and its already been a month since I've last seen her and were both dying to see each other again. 

My question is have any of you changed professions and what did you do, was it easy to switch into a different profession even after spending years in another?
[Image: Epic-Samurai.gif?fit=750%2C353&quality=8...=all&ssl=1]
Can't really have in a word in this however, best of luck. I would suggest you pursue with what makes you happy.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(05-20-2020, 11:45 AM)Eternal Wrote: Can't really have in a word in this however, best of luck. I would suggest you pursue with what makes you happy.
Currently looking to do some renovation jobs, but nothing so far except for a small job in June
Job hopping.  It's a thing. You don't know what you want to do, pick a job and stick with it for a year to formulate if that's what you want to do. If not, move on.  

I have had a variety of jobs, in multiple fields.  

You learn a lot and it just adds experience to your resume. 

Good luck mate
(05-20-2020, 11:59 AM)The Triangle Wrote: Job hopping.  It's a thing. You don't know what you want to do, pick a job and stick with it for a year to formulate if that's what you want to do. If not, move on.  

I have had a variety of jobs, in multiple fields.  

You learn a lot and it just adds experience to your resume. 

Good luck mate
Thanks Dad! I'm trying my best!
All I can say is try things even if u dont wanna.

Reason I say that is because You will never know what you love unless you try.

Heart
Life is short so make the most of it
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
I did not get to finush my switch, but I worked in a management position for 2 years. It was an easy job and I loved the positiin.m, but the staff were difficult. I had contemplated leaving many times, but in the end I kept finding myself staying. eventually enough was enough, and I had to do something better to have peace of mind and finish out college. I decided to switch jobs. Everything was set up, but Covid-19 actually prevented me from getting my new job. I was let go from my previous job a month later due to me being replaced and having already worked out my notice. I am unemployed currently, but I feel so much better knowing I won't have to go back to a place that was difficult. I hope that provides some insight. Good luck!
Honestly, covid-19 has been a huge change for everybody. I can't fully understand what you're going through, but know that we are all in this together, and we'll all make it through as a community.

I wish you best of luck :)
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
(06-01-2020, 01:39 PM)[teal]Kiwi The Fruit Wrote: Honestly, covid-19 has been a huge change for everybody. I can't fully understand what you're going through, but know that we are all in this together, and we'll all make it through as a community.

I wish you best of luck :)

[Image: delete_immediately.gif]