Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blue ceebeast
Not commenting on the app more so towards ceebeasts character. I used to have issues with ceebeast semi-regularly but ever since he has taken staffing seriously I haven't had anything come up yet. Also, accidents happen, I'm no perfect angel either as long as the correct guidelines were followed for the reporting and the punishment and it was genuine then I don't see why it should be brought up further.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Hello again ladies, gentlemen, and whatever @Laced Xanax is; it's Geist here once again to post an in-depth reply to a staff application. This reply will be in similar format to my last one but I also want to address some of the comments made in this app so far. This is only my opinion but I hope you take it seriously.

- Consistent community activity, 200+ hours in server, Good Ban Requests:  Hours on the server are good to go here, I understand you took a break at some point but you have consistent hours over the last month so I would have no problem saying you've met that mark. Community activity is decent; you have a good amount of posts on the discord but I would like to see you interact on the forums in a more non-official way. This is a recommendation I made to @thunderwalrusinnthebar as well, let the community know who you are as a person, not just as staff. Ban requests are done frequently and accurately each time, no complaints there.

- Good understanding of the rules, Handles RDM reports accurately: You have a solid understanding of the rules as far as I have seen and heard (I will address the propkilling complaint near the end of this response). Just like Thunder, I have seen you ask some questions in @ chat which is great but as you climb ranks people will come to you often with rule questions so make sure you have a firm grasp of them. RDM reports are handled nicely and I've yet to personally see somebody complain to me about how you handle their reports, I would like to see you take more initiative on reports and grab them when they come up instead of letting them sit their for a round or two.

- Responses to scenarios, No major behavior incidents:  I don't believe I've seen or heard about a major behavior incident from you so i'll file that away. Somebody brought up seeing you angry and I have seen some of that before too, even if only sent in @ chat. We as staff are all human and get angry just like everybody else, the only difference is you must make sure it doesn't affect the decisions you make while staffing. I haven't seen that but keeping your cool is something I would recommend you work on the most out of all of this, even if ever so slightly.

- Community support detailing the progress made as a staff member and my Personal opinion: I'll address the comments here and follow up with my opinion on the possibility of your promotion. We don't have specific restrictions on how long in between promotions should you wait for a reason: when they are the right person for the job why make them wait behind artificial walls we place? It's been about one month since his trusted app and he's been upstanding staff during that time, if we can promote Jack (who is great staff btw) on similar time frames why not ceebeast? The propkill comment honestly bothers me because while we do expect staff to uphold all rules so they make a great example, it is never a crime when a staff member who plays constantly makes a mistake or commits a single rule break. He propkilled, slayed himself, and apologized for it. Case. Closed. Ceebeast does not have a penchant for doing this kind of thing and should not be judged for it either, that would be ridiculous and a true double standard (all staff break rules at some point).  

I think you're a good person Ceebeast, you have some things to work on and that's why I listed them above in this post. You're much more active than most staff, and by most staff I mean MOST staff. Work on being a better example to all members of the community and continue to follow the rules of staffing. If any of the higher staff who make the call on this read my response at least have one takeaway from this, good staff members are hard to come by.

Verdict: You're a good staff member who has some things to work on, but that's what being a Test Mod is good for, polishing your skills as staff after showing good foundation. +1
Test Moderator on Dinkleberg's TTT.

"You guys are fucking cancer."
@"Geist"  I appreciate you taking the time to provide such an in-depth and detailed reply to my app. Thank you!

Regarding taking initiative on reports rather than letting them sit for a round or two... I try to take care of them as quickly as I can, however I end up staying alive most rounds until the round is complete and I do not want to handle reports mid round since sometimes information in the reports is available that would give me an unfair advantage in knowing who the T is or if somebody was RDM’d. This would be in line to ghosting or metagaming and I’d rather handle them when I’m dead or before a round starts.
.ceebeast is a great trusted, he's active throughout the mid-morning and mid-day and easily handles things whenever I am on. He's fun to play with and is fair in his judgment when making decisions on how to handle troublemakers. After thinking about position progression I feel as if I don't know what it means from position to position. I feel as if .ceebeast does a great job and can easily handle the responsibility as a TMOD but, with my lack of knowledge of the position, I am gonna leave a +0. Best of luck .ceebeast!
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Ceebeast, 

I am going to give you a +1 on this app. You have done well as your role as trusted and I think it's time that you test the waters out as a test moderator on the server.  You are on a lot from what I can tell, and really want to help the TTT server out as much as you can.  There is some room for improvement, some stuff can get cleaned up (the issue with Dakota in the thread, minor argument issues).  Other than that, you have done a tremendous job and good luck on the app!
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
He knows stuff. +1
[Image: 0e7d9b52b0a8da003d3bf791934a67c3.gif]

[Image: ngt65CF.gif]
Honestly I think ceebeast deserves t-mod more than some people that already have it, I've never ever had a bad experience with him and hes always super helpful. he is understanding, quick and fair when dealing with reports. I see him on early morning and most late nights. hes a very lenient "Trusted". I thought he was already t-mod by the way he handles stuff. for whatever my vote means, its a phat +1 from me.
Hello Ceebeast. You've been doing quite good as a trusted and have made steady progress. However at this time I am going to deny this application. The reason being is that I feel as though you could use a bit more time as trusted to better yourself as a whole. Nothing huge is sticking out to me that warranted an immediate denial and you are doing quite well as staff, in fact I deliberated on this application for some time. In the end I feel as though it will be better in the long-term for you to have an additional month as trusted to better your staffing skills.
[Image: b_560x95.png]