Bring back Ernie Emote
Ingame Name: Ernest

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:93867694

Who Banned You: Nicol Bolas

Reason For Ban: Micspam/warned multiple times( 11 I think )

Length of Ban: 2 weeks

Reason for Admins to Unban: Honestly I feel I shouldn't have been banned, but I also feel like I should've gotten punished. I have played on this server for a while now and have not really had a problem until recently. Now it has gotten to the point where if you hold your mic down for a while you will get gagged and usually warned. For me it has also been a problem with my loudness. I have a quiet mic in discord, but a loud mic in game( Can ask friends ). Because of this, I am gagged for even speaking past a second and it gets to the point where I can't even use my mic without being labeled as a mic spammer. I understand that sometimes I troll, but I think that most of my warns that led to this ban were unjustified. 

Through this, I have come to label myself as reformed.

This means that I have come to understand that I have been labeled as a "troll". This doesn't bother me, but it places a bias on me from staff members. This label makes me not able to have fun with friends, but to be seen as a public menace. So with this time off, I have come to conclusion that I will be a troll no more! Angel

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11627

Other: Not blaming staff for my ban, but i do think there was bias in the decision to ban me. I'm just asking to be unbanned so i can redeem myself.
" Honestly I feel I shouldn't have been banned, but I also feel like I should've gotten punished."

Then what do you suggest should have been done? You've been warned a great deal of times on server for consistent micspam.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
+1 micspam has been punished very inconsistently and i think ernie is a victim of that inconsistency
[Image: d93.png]
(06-21-2020, 09:50 PM)Chris Hansen Wrote: " Honestly I feel I shouldn't have been banned, but I also feel like I should've gotten punished."

Then what do you suggest should have been done? You've been warned a great deal of times on server for consistent micspam.

I said this in a previous discussion, but not in here.

I feel like there should be a gag system and not a full out warn system ( because warns lead to bans ).
The amount of warns i got in the short amount of time I would play is absurd to me.
I would suggest a gag system where you could be gagged multiple times and as the gag amount increases, the time increases.
(06-21-2020, 09:52 PM)Ernest Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 09:50 PM)Chris Hansen Wrote: " Honestly I feel I shouldn't have been banned, but I also feel like I should've gotten punished."

I feel like there should be a gag system and not a full out warn system ( because warns lead to bans ).
The amount of warns i got in the short amount of time I would play is absurd to me.
I would suggest a gag system where you could be gagged multiple times and as the gag amount increases, the time increases.
that would put alot of stress on the server and i dont even think it even exists so unless you want to create and code this so it get tested possibly not even get on the server
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(06-21-2020, 09:52 PM)Ernest Wrote: I would suggest a gag system where you could be gagged multiple times and as the gag amount increases, the time increases.

If anyone experienced with lua would make a command where you could time mutes and gags, you'd have every staff member in this community in your debt. That would be really, REALLY useful.

Alternatively, microphone battery, anyone? All of these problems with micspam I've been hearing about, but every time we bring up a mic battery, it's a guaranteed no-go. Servers have em for a reason, just saying.

As for the ban, a 2 week ban for micspam is a lot, but 11 warnings is also a lot. Not to mention you were previously banned for a day for micspam, and your appeal was a joke.. though this appeal is much, much better. I'm neutral.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(06-21-2020, 09:56 PM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 09:52 PM)Ernest Wrote:

that would put alot of stress on the server and i dont even think it even exists so unless you want to create and code this so it get tested possibly not even get on the server

I'm not saying it would be easy, but would it not just a copy pasta of the warn system in the staff discord?
If it is, then it could be achieved very easily and an extra rule set for gagging could be added to the staff rules.

(06-21-2020, 10:01 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 09:52 PM)Ernest Wrote: I would suggest a gag system where you could be gagged multiple times and as the gag amount increases, the time increases.

If anyone experienced with lua would make a command where you could time mutes and gags, you'd have every staff member in this community in your debt. That would be really, REALLY useful.

Alternatively, microphone battery, anyone? All of these problems with micspam I've been hearing about, but every time we bring up a mic battery, it's a guaranteed no-go. Servers have em for a reason, just saying.

As for the ban, a 2 week ban for micspam is a lot, but 11 warnings is also a lot. Not to mention you were previously banned for a day for micspam, and your appeal was a joke.. though this appeal is much, much better. I'm neutral.

I do agree that I have a lot of warns, but I also think that some of them were unjust. From the fact that I would speak for a second, but because I had a loud microphone would mean it's instant gag and warn
"I'm not saying it would be easy, but would it not just a copy pasta of the warn system in the staff discord?"
I'm not gonna say much but this isn't a thing that exists, we don't have a magical channel where we track each and every persons warnings in discord. We track them in game. Also a gag system would function a lot differently than a simple warn system. It really isn't as easy as it sounds.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
I don't think there is any bias in this ban at all. Bans exist as a punishment for most things (as a last tier) because the player has shown they have no plans to follow rules on the server. 2 week ban is a fine amount of time here. -1
Test Moderator on Dinkleberg's TTT.

"You guys are fucking cancer."
(06-21-2020, 10:06 PM)Chris Hansen Wrote: "I'm not saying it would be easy, but would it not just a copy pasta of the warn system in the staff discord?"
I'm not gonna say much but this isn't a thing that exists, we don't have a magical channel where we track each and every persons warnings in discord. We track them in game. Also a gag system would function a lot differently than a simple warn system. It really isn't as easy as it sounds.
 Nicol Bolas has admitted to a staff discord that keeps track of warns.

I am saying that the system could keep track of gags and from the rule set i mentioned earlier could be gagged based off the amounts of times the have already been gagged.
This could also be abused because of month old gags could still be applied to the person's gag run. Maybe this so called system could be turned off for players after like a week.

(06-21-2020, 10:09 PM)Geist ❤ Wrote: I don't think there is any bias in this ban at all. Bans exist as a punishment for most things (as a last tier) because the player has shown they have no plans to follow rules on the server. 2 week ban is a fine amount of time here. -1

So you are saying if you saw someone with 7 warns on mic spam, that you would treat them the same as someone with 0 warns on mic spam.

Based off human nature, I would believe you to think that one is worse than the other.
this human nature also proves bias.