Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Recent staff punishments
I am not familiar with the rules regarding STAFF and ALTERNATIVE accounts on GMOD but I do know that group punishment/judgment has never led to anything productive. @"Noire" is a valuable MODERATOR that I think Dink's would be wise to keep.
(07-14-2020, 07:49 PM)Pencilvestro Wrote: I am not familiar with the rules regarding STAFF and ALTERNATIVE accounts on GMOD but I do know that group punishment/judgment has never led to anything productive. @"Noire" is a valuable MODERATOR that I think Dink's would be wise to keep.
There are no rules regarding staff and alternative accounts. The only rule that mentions alts at all has to do with ban evasion, which wasn't a factor here.
my question is how dink signed off on demoting a mod to tmod but would never respond to me when I asked for a dtmod to be demoted for harassing a kid in-game and getting a two-week teaming ban on top of that... or a donor(s) who abused their commands... several times and said they wouldn't have a problem abusing them again.
Having played TTT in a while and seeing shit like Noire and Jack getting demoted for bullshit reasons reminds me of one of the reasons why I don't play on the server anymore.
(07-14-2020, 08:02 PM)Gabe Wrote: my question is how dink signed off on demoting a mod to tmod but would never respond to me when I asked for a dtmod to be demoted for harassing a kid in-game and getting a two-week teaming ban on top of that... or a donor(s) who abused their commands... several times and said they wouldn't have a problem abusing them again.

Or how about killerzoreo when he got on an alt and went to murder and trolled and spammed the hard R, and all he got was a warning.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
Apologies for any typos, as I am on my phone.

I'd like to state that the punishment noire received was not because he was playing on an alt or because he was banned on that alt. The alt account was first put into the hacking watchlist June 26th, and was frequently watched by multiple staff members throughout the time until the ban. Discussion regarding the player happened on multiple occasions, and not once was the fact that it was an alt account of a staff member brought to my attention. Continued evidence of him saying multiple times that he knew staff was spectating him was gathered. While I admit I jumped the gun on approving a ban, it was a mistake I corrected. Not until the ban took place was I alerted it was an alt account. Not by Noire, but by concerned individuals who brought forth evidence confirming it was Noire. As I have explained to both of them, this is an issue that clearly crossed a line as he was intentionally messing with online staff members while on this alt. The fact that he also went through the hassle of using a VPN to circumvent being caught also says to me and others that he was well aware that there could be consequences but continued regardless.

This kind of behavior strains the staff team because it puts a lot of their time and effort into watching someone that they shouldn't have to watch in the first place. It shows a lack of respect and a lack of care for the staff team and the community in general. Jack fed him admin chat to help know when staff were spectating him so he could comment on the fact in-server. However Noire wanted to shoulder the responsibility alone for the issue and as such Jack received only a strike.

I would also like to state the demotion is not a permanent one, and he is free to reapply for moderator in the future once it is clear this mistake is behind us. This issue largely boils down to using an alt account to mess with staff members, going against his his team and being punished as a result. As I mentioned in my post, staff members are held to a much higher standard than regular players, moderators more so.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
lol.

Every time I brought up someone ACTUALLY abusing their powers whether it be donor/staff I was just ignored every single time. I know gabe felt the same way, and say what you guys want about me and gabe being up each others ass. We literally had each other to bitch and cry to when ever we got ignored. Not like we could've really talked about anything specific outside of admin chat to others. I had multiple people coming up to me asking what's going to be done about so and so. All I can say is that's not my judgement to make let alone within my power.

So seeing that Dinkleberg just willingly accepted and acknowledged to execute the punishment to something that shouldn't have been punished in the first place feels like someone spitting in my face.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
I mean he clearly wasn't hacking, if the staff were actually trained to tell the difference between hacking and being good they wouldn't have "wasted" their time.
Staff only seem to be punished when they make you look foolish infront of the community, but not when they actually cross a line (killerzoreo), you guys got proven wrong and you punished Noire for making you look bad and scapegoated Jack.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
(07-14-2020, 08:22 PM)Scoovie Wrote: I mean he clearly wasn't hacking, if the staff were actually trained to tell the difference between hacking and being good they wouldn't have "wasted" their time.

A mistake I take full responsibility for and have since corrected by unbanning the account. As I said, not why he was punished.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(07-14-2020, 08:19 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: The fact that he also went through the hassle of using a VPN to circumvent being caught also says to me and others that he was well aware that there could be consequences but continued regardless.

I regularly use a VPN on my main. Almost constantly. There are times where I don't use a VPN, but in most cases I am on a VPN. Ask anyone that has me on Ubi. Shit goes crazy whenever I'm on a VPN on ubisoft.

Jack fed him admin chat to help know when staff were spectating him so he could comment on the fact in-server.

This is not true, specifically the last part. The biggest issue that I have with this, is our staff team --- not Jack specifically.
Here's an example of Jack 'feeding me' staff chat. Keep in mind, this is not accurate, just my reccolection. 
*I see Ethan's dead body on the ground and I t-bag him.*
Jack-  "Oh shit Ethan's getting pissed lmao in staff chat"

This 'feeding' of staff chat is not only vague but even without him on the server, I knew the staff were spectating me whenever they died.
Ethan and other staff on continually told me to "Go ahead and hack.", "I know you're a hacker." or "Stop hacking."   Not only that, but I have access to staff chat. I can see the #hacking-watchlist. I have a brain and I know what's going on, staff need to at least try to be discreet. 
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator