Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perm Ban
i am using the unban request format

Ingame Name: andy.shirey

SteamID: I do not know. 366280820 is my friend code.

Who Banned You: Negan (or Entomo) for 1 day, then Penguinslayer4 perm ban.

Reason For Ban: Racism(banned twice, gagged once), trolling (gagged once), mic spam, (gagged twice).

Length of Ban: This unban request : permanent

Reason for Mods to Unban: The trolling was me playing diarrhea sounds - but i got gagged by Negan, and coming close to violating a rule - but not actually violating. The racism was 4 nwords (i only remember 3, but i'm saying 4 just to be sure), 3 bean*rs (both times i got banned by penguin), and 1 co*n, but that was me making fun of Tfue, who got banned from Twitch for saying "Co*n" - I still shouldn't have said it. The mic spamming by itself though was me holding down my mic key (f) which is close to the movement keys. This is a habit I need to and WILL break out of. The echoing i didn't hear any complaints about. I hold my mic down so I be ready to call out the murderer, as the relay will show. I talk a little bit toxic, but not enough to be banned for it.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): Yes, i don't have any threads though, but it was a half day ban by Penguinslayer4 for mic spamming (mostly just echoing from me holding down my mic key.)

Other: I think a 2 week ban is fair. During those 2 weeks, i will have access to my steam account, so it won't be cheating. At the time of writing this, i already feel like crap because I'm not able to play Murder. I have learned my lesson already, but i think i need more ban time. I genuinely sorry to the people I hurt, and I will try to not violate any rules again.

edit: not being able to play my favorite game on my favorite server sucks, and i will learn that violating the rules will result in me not being able to play it. i cannot take a permaban. there is no other server like this (even gfl sucks). i took the rules lightly and this is the result. i thought this server was too good to be true, so i abused my place and now i am suffering the consequences. Please don't give up on me. I can change. I hope i can come back and deliver you a better andy.shirey.

Andy Shirey
According to rules your 3rd racist remark should have been your permaban. the reason Neagan temp banned you was to handle the issue of your racism since I was still alive and didnt hear it right away. Youve been racist on multiple occasions after already getting banned once for 12hrs for mic spam after you said you rebound your p2t key so you wouldnt accidentally hit it and then you stated "any mic spam from here on out will be intentional." then proceeded to mic spam, got banned for 12 hours. came back and proceeded to continue mic spamming and being racist.

Not to mention after being banned you called Neagan a "coon" and proceeded to tell other players who afterwards unfriended you that you would just play on dinks on your alt since you have gmod on it.
(07-30-2020, 07:41 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: According to rules your 3rd racist remark should have been your permaban. the reason Neagan temp banned you was to handle the issue of your racism since I was still alive and didnt hear it right away. Youve been racist on multiple occasions after already getting banned once for 12hrs for mic spam after you said you rebound your p2t key so you wouldnt accidentally hit it and then you stated "any mic spam from here on out will be intentional." then proceeded to mic spam, got banned for 12 hours. came back and proceeded to continue mic spamming and being racist.
i am sorry and i was being stupid. This is my fault
can you please reconsider this ban though. I will even accept 2 month ban and more. Just please not the permaban. i know i broke the rules, but i didnt know i could get permabanned so easily (my fault). I really need to reflect on my mistake, but not forever. i actually like the server and was trying to be cool and funny, but i was just being an ass.
also, I didnt ban you for your mentioned "bean" slur word remarks. you've been banned twice by me, once for mic spam, and now this one for racism, mic spam, and causing problems

(07-30-2020, 07:44 PM)andy.shirey Wrote: i am sorry and i was being stupid. This is my fault
can you please reconsider this ban though. I will even accept 2 month ban and more. Just please not the permaban. i know i broke the rules, but i didnt know i could get permabanned so easily (my fault). I really need to reflect on my mistake, but not forever. i actually like the server and was trying to be cool and funny, but i was just being an ass.

You really need to read the rules. I know you like the server, but I will let you know something, there's nothing cool about being a racist. That just gets you banned around here. I appreciate the apology. Before I vote I would like to hear what the community has to say because it would be good for you to hear from not just staff about how your behavior impacts others. Cause it isnt just us staff who were annoyed by it.
(07-30-2020, 07:45 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: also, I didnt ban you for your mentioned "bean" slur word remarks. you've been banned twice by me, once for mic spam, and now this one for racism, mic spam, and causing problems

(07-30-2020, 07:44 PM)andy.shirey Wrote: i am sorry and i was being stupid. This is my fault

You really need to read the rules. I know you like the server, but I will let you know something, there's nothing cool about being a racist. That just gets you banned around here. I appreciate the apology. Before I vote I would like to hear what the community has to say because it would be good for you to hear from not just staff about how your behavior impacts others. Cause it isnt just us staff who were annoyed by it.
please reconsider though. anything but permaban. i just need time to reflect during my ban. i know i have had a second chance already, but i had only a half day to reflect, and i went to bed after i got banned. if i could be banned for 2 weeks, i would be able to read the rules and learn my lesson. just please dont punish that hard. i deserve a hard punishment though, but any thing other than that
Is it really that hard not to micspam or be racist? Maybe if you come back after awhile and apologize sincerely people might forgive you enough to unban. But right now I feel like you should wait a bit in my opinion. Hopefully you’ll take this to heart and maybe come back a little bit more behaved next time.
(07-30-2020, 07:53 PM)andy.shirey Wrote: please reconsider though. anything but permaban. i just need time to reflect during my ban. i know i have had a second chance already, but i had only a half day to reflect, and i went to bed after i got banned. if i could be banned for 2 weeks, i would be able to read the rules and learn my lesson. just please dont punish that hard. i deserve a hard punishment though, but any thing other than that

I will consider what the community has to say and go from there. Ill give my vote in the next couple days cause Id like to give people time to respond. For now, read up on the rules and reflect.
-1 I've read relay and been on when you've both micspammed and used inappropriate language. If you feel a 2 week ban would be fair, at the very least please spend those 2 weeks reflecting on your previous actions before asking for an unban.
(07-30-2020, 07:55 PM)andy.shirey Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 07:53 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Is it really that hard not to micspam or be racist? Maybe if you come back after awhile and apologize people might forgive you enough to unban.
yes it is very hard, especially with a crowd of people saying racist and bad things sometimes. i just dont want to be permabanned. i do need and accept punishment so i can read the rules and learn my lesson. if i am permabanned, i cannot do that. i take full responsibility for me being punished, but not punished for enternity. i really am sorry though, but i dont think i should be permabanned. i have potential. i need to stop this and i will.

It's not hard to not be racist. it actually takes less effort to not be racist than it does to be racist. cause all it requires is just not saying racist things.
(07-30-2020, 07:56 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 07:53 PM)andy.shirey Wrote: please reconsider though. anything but permaban. i just need time to reflect during my ban. i know i have had a second chance already, but i had only a half day to reflect, and i went to bed after i got banned. if i could be banned for 2 weeks, i would be able to read the rules and learn my lesson. just please dont punish that hard. i deserve a hard punishment though, but any thing other than that

I will consider what the community has to say and go from there. Ill give my vote in the next couple days cause Id like to give people time to respond. For now, read up on the rules and reflect.
thank you. i promise and swear to god i will. i will reflect on myself actions and im not just gonna waste it away. i will be printing the rules and i will isolate myself from the negative online crowd. thank you for you reconsideration

(07-30-2020, 07:57 PM)Burb Wrote: -1 I've read relay and been on when you've both micspammed and used inappropriate language. If you feel a 2 week ban would be fair, at the very least please spend those 2 weeks reflecting on your previous actions before asking for an unban.
i will do so. i promise. i was stupid and i need to learn.