Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Suggestions/Open Talk Thread
i really hope so you guys make a ferret as pet
Okay real talk I know I joke about getting rid of Crash House but for real, can we PLEASE get rid of Crash House.
Go away
(07-31-2020, 06:11 PM)MissPauling Wrote: Okay real talk I know I joke about getting rid of Crash House but for real, can we PLEASE get rid of Crash House.

Crash house is one of the most popular maps of all time when it comes to Prop Hunt. People see it and are naturally drawn to the server which numbers are always good for keeping a server alive. Unless you can somehow find a map of equal quality that everyone will be just as drawn to, you are going to need a better argument.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(07-31-2020, 06:31 PM)Sarcasm Guaranteed Wrote: Crash house is one of the most popular maps of all time when it comes to Prop Hunt. People see it and are naturally drawn to the server which numbers are always good for keeping a server alive. Unless you can somehow find a map of equal quality that everyone will be just as drawn to, you are going to need a better argument.

And I can absolutely respect that, but when I am on Crash House - half the players after round 3 are bored and frustrated with the map and the music, and are asking others to RTV. Its always a 50/50 with those who hate the map and those who don't want to RTV so the players who want the RTV to happen end up leaving - to me that shows worrisome for the fact that yeah, numbers go up once Crash House is on, but players quickly leave because of the map. 

Idk, I get what you mean, but at the same time Crash House is becoming insanely overdone.
Go away
My big counter argument to this is if we got rid of maps just cause there over played than others like Backyard, Island House would fall under the same categories. I am highly against removing any map just for this reason.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

(07-31-2020, 06:56 PM)Lt. Star Wrote: My big counter argument to this is if we got rid of maps just cause there over played than others like Backyard, Island House would fall under the same categories. I am highly against removing any map just for this reason.
mmm yeah thats fair, I didn't consider that
Go away
so, my disdain for crash house is well known, but I do agree, it brings appeal to the server. HOWEVER, with that being said, I don't think the reasoning behind removing it is just "oh, it's overplayed." the map is just... annoying. the music and train noises are obnoxious, and it has a very little amount of props. for maps like Cruce, not having a pot of props is fine because that map is very open and not very cluttered. Crash is the complete OPPOSITE.

idk maybe I just hate the freaking map ;-;

sidenote: the map's ugly >:(
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
The music and train sounds are an easy fix. Open console and bind a key to stop sounds. Hit it as soon as the music starts and you'll never hear it again for the round.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

(07-31-2020, 06:11 PM)MissPauling Wrote: Okay real talk I know I joke about getting rid of Crash House but for real, can we PLEASE get rid of Crash House.
No, but i do know there's a crash map version that adds barriers to the mountain and on top of the tunnel. I would love that version. Also just stop sounds as soon as you join, it's quick and easy.
(07-31-2020, 09:21 PM)Abdel Wrote: No, but i do know there's a crash map version that adds barriers to the mountain and on top of the tunnel. I would love that version. Also just stop sounds as soon as you join, it's quick and easy.
Fish already told me no, you're late to the no party >: (
Go away